Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They both were fouling all night though. Madonna was holding and hitting the entire fight:manny:

"Cheating" should never be condoned though, regardless of the fighters, and this is the 2nd time in 3 weeks an Ariza fighter had him doing something "fishy"
But you are screaming for investigations and acting like a possible KO for Broner was stolen from him when the only reason he had a shot in the 12th was off a two punch combo after the bell rang.
And for all we know Ariza's crooked ass could have smeared dome Vick's Vapor Rub on that towel so speculation is all there will ever be because there is no way to test Maidana to get irrefutable evidence.
Broner lost, it was decisive and that it all. Everything else just comes off like sour grapes.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
you may have a point but Ariza was really aggressive with that damn napkin, I could see MM pushing it away at least twice.

people are just reaching, i see nothing on the napkin being placed... only thing tht would make sense is if it was soaked in somthing... but to cliam he put something on the napkin would be no case... what are they going to say, he put something on the napkin?... where, i dont see it?

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Ariza was so slick that nothing will come from this.

@ .05 you see him put something into the napkin
see what?.. powder a pill, i see nothing... just looks doesnt mean anything.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
i jsut saw someting that does look fishy, the dude puts a towel over maidanas head, maybe to hide something? then u could see ariza giving him the nod:lolbron:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
The knockdowns did him in.

I had AD winning rounds 3, 5, 6, 7, and 12 and Madonna winning rounds 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, and 11.

Madonna landed they WAY bigger punches and had knockdowns as well which AB had none of. The mistakes can be corrected and he could win a rematch, I'm just wondering how his psyche will be now that he finally tasted defeat.

Some fighters are never the same after taking huge punches like he took in that fight. 2nd worst beating I seen a name brand fighter take this year after Tim Bradley's victory over Provo. Bradley bounced back with a masterful performance over JMM though, so we'll have to see what Broner does

broner aint half the man timothy is.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
poetic justice? maybe. but difference in theory. the ref is supposed to take care of that after the bell business.
Well that brings into question the ref, who did a shytty job...and in the benefit of Broner. Maidana had a point taken away on first offense (or first warning) if I remember and Broner was warned for holding and pushing 20 times. Broner also through the punch through the ropes, which was when he was in desperation mode.
And I am waiting and wanting a ref to start docking and warning for a DQ with Broner on the bullshyt he pulls in the ring. The behind the back punching and crap vs Paulie should have been penalized. The second Broner starting humping Maidana on the break, the ref should just dock a point, shyt is not necesary IMO. That's not showboating like when Broner dances on a KD, that's just makes boxing look bad.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
broner aint half the man timothy is.
Inside and OUTSIDE the ring.

Tim's one of my favorite fighters. The fact that he admits the Pacquiao fight haunts him and he needs to set it right, says a lot. He's class all the way.
Outside of Danny Garcia, he deserves a Floyd shot the most IMO. Too bad they have the cold war going on.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
But you are screaming for investigations and acting like a possible KO for Broner was stolen from him when the only reason he had a shot in the 12th was off a two punch combo after the bell rang.
And for all we know Ariza's crooked ass could have smeared dome Vick's Vapor Rub on that towel so speculation is all there will ever be because there is no way to test Maidana to get irrefutable evidence.
Broner lost, it was decisive and that it all. Everything else just comes off like sour grapes.

All I'm saying is you never know what could've happened.

No one can say for certain what would've or wouldnt have happened if Ariza wouldn't have cheated, so to try and dismiss it is ridiculous.

Hell, we were just in here about a month ago laughing at Aaron Pryor's Power Water that was used against Alexis Arguello. Are you saying it doesnt matter, because Pryor was winning the fight on the scorecard anyways and would have took the decision?:what:

The ONLY thing that is for certain to me is that Ariza blatantly cheated and it's right there on video.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
BbjoxZCIIAAbOLP.jpg:large

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Broner also through the punch through the ropes, which was when he was in desperation mode.

Same round that eventually saw Maidana get hit after the bell as well.:patrice:

Rewatching this fight, it's amazing that Broner didn't get a single point taken away, and it's also amazing that the Ariza incident wasn't picked up sooner.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
see what?.. powder a pill, i see nothing... just looks doesnt mean anything.

i see it just as plain as fukkin day. he has a white "pill" on the bottom side of the napkin, he looks to the left then quickly puts it ON TOP of the napkin, then FOLDS the chit. breh, u cant see that? I aint even takin up for Broner but tell me why he even folded the napkin in the first place???

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
All I'm saying is you never know what could've happened.

No one can say for certain what would've or wouldnt have happened if Ariza wouldn't have cheated, so to try and dismiss it is ridiculous.

Hell, we were just in here about a month ago laughing at Aaron Pryor's Power Water that was used against Alexis Arguello. Are you saying it doesnt matter, because Pryor was winning the fight on the scorecard anyways and would have took the decision?:what:

The ONLY thing that is for certain to me is that Ariza blatantly cheated and it's right there on video.
The ridiculous thing is to take a couple seconds of inconclusive who knows what in the corner between the 11th and 12th rounds of that fight should be used to question Maidana's victory.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
i see it just as plain as fukkin day. he has a white "pill" on the bottom side of the napkin, he looks to the left then quickly puts it ON TOP of the napkin, then FOLDS the chit. breh, u cant see that? I aint even takin up for Broner but tell me why he even folded the napkin in the first place???
so he takes a pill?