Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
fukk a test...we got video proof. this at least should be looked into. I am not a guy that says this guy is a cheat because he drank some gatorade or took some smelling salts. but rules are in place for a reason. dont make em if you aint gonna adhere.

Honestly I thought Broner's corner used smelling salts. I remember a moment in the fight where it appeared Stafford held up a towel to his nose and Broner inhaled...at the time i was like whoa is he inhaling something through the towel? I obviously cant confirm anything but Im certain I saw it. If i care enough Ill find the round it occurred before. If anyone wants to show the Maidana claim, Im curious to know. I just think overall nobody cheated, Broner just isnt a A tier fighter. More of a B- fighter.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know what you are talkin about but its a bad move IMO. get MM straight away before somebody else eats your lunch. if MM loses again, and AB beats another fighter...it would be pointless. sorta like Tszyu vs Phillips II which never happened. if his team believes in him, take the fight. if they dont, stay away. the biz is bullshyt. AB was basically brainwashed into thinking he would be a PPV star if he could beat certain guys. the quickest way to being a star is by not fukking around with guys like Maidana...and taking the fight that makes not only the most money but boosts your stature equally. Maidana was seen as high reward/low risk for him...but now that the risk was realized...whats the fallout? they didnt think that far ahead. if they wouldve have, he wouldnt have ran out of the ring like he did.

I don't believe in him which is why I recommended that path of just moving down immediately if I were on Broner's team.

If I did believe in him & he just had an off night, then yes I would agree immediate rematch is the way to go.

As a fan, I hate rematches when the outcome wasn't even close. I'd much rather see Maidana fight a guy like Thurman & Broner fight someone else.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Man, I just watched it again.......Ariza CHEATED:bryan:

Yes, Madonna was dazed as fukk....the ring doctor checked him out before he could walk over to his corner. While he was walking to his corner, Ariza was standing up with a folded napkin with something in it, which he put up to Madonna's nose, Madonna inhaled, and then Ariza wiped his nose clean:dead:

Man fukk Alex Ariza's cheating ass:pacspit:

Madonna was still wobbly after meeting with the doctor and even AFTER the smelling salts, he was still dazed.....imagine what he would have been like without smelling salts?:birdman:

The outcome isnt guaranteed that AB would've KOd him, but with AB finally being super aggressive, combined with Madonna being tired and wobbly, we will never know what would've happened:mindblown:

Now, I'm officially pissed brehs:demonic:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
@Newzz im quite sure that it was in fact between the 11th and 12th round

will need to rewatch though

fukkery

edit: yes it was :stopitslime: 47:00

Ehhhhh I dont know about that bro. It seemed like Ariza was wiping his nose. Its not like you can see the salt on the napkin or see the aroma of it travelling into his nasal passage. Lets not diminish Maidana's victory cuz it came at Broner's expense.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Broner pelted with trash as he leaves ring after loss
PostDateIcon.png
December 15th, 2013 | Post Comment - 78 Comments
12Share 2 388Share 31Tweet
bronerdumpedon.jpg

By Dan Ambrose: Right about now Adrien Broner (27-1, 22 KO’s) probably wishes he had stuck around after his fight last night against Marcos Maidana (35-3, 31 KO’s) to give a post-fight interview instead of quickly exciting the ring after the judges’ scorecards were announced. Broner looked like a poor sport by leaving without giving an interview.

Broner, who lost the fight to Maidana by a 12 round unanimous decision, was pelted with trash from the Alamodome crowd while he was exiting the ring. It was as if Broner and his entourage had to run a gauntlet in getting to their dressing room, as bottles were tossed from the angry crowd left and right.

Bernard Hopkins was particularly upset with the way that Broner ran out of the ring after the fight. Hopkins said to esnewsreporting “Once you do it, you can’t go back. That’s wasn’t a robbery. When it’s a close fight you might get away with walking out of the ring. But when you get beat down like that and you lost the fight, it’s not no controversy here, you’ve got to stay and show class by facing the music. That was even worse than the fight [what Broner did]. That showed that he can’t handle the reality that he got beat.”

I think it would have been better for Broner if he had stuck around like normal fighters do after they get beaten, and show a little bit of respect to Maidana for him having beaten him. But with Broner dashing out of the ring immediately after the fight without giving an interview, it make him look like a poor sport that couldn’t be bothered to give kudos to Maidana for his win. I believe that’s what got the San Antonio crowd so upset to the point where they littered Broner with garbage.

Broner had said a day before the fight that he wanted Maidana to show him respect after he beat him by acknowledging his victory. But when the shoe was on the other foot with Broner losing, he wasn’t ready to show Maidana the same kind of respect that he wanted from him.

San Antonio fans aren’t by nature ones that like to heave garbage on fighters, but in this case Broner’s decision to leave the ring without showing the courtesy of giving an interview after the fight, and by showing appreciation of Maidana’s talent, it seemed to set off the crowd.

In the future when he gets beaten again at some point, Broner needs to be able to tough it out by staying in the ring and doing what all losing fighters do and that’s show respect to their opponent and give interviews. We didn’t see that from Broner last night and that’s disappointing

:russ:

Last edited:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Man, I just watched it again.......Ariza CHEATED:bryan:

Yes, Madonna was dazed as fukk....the ring doctor checked him out before he could walk over to his corner. While he was walking to his corner, Ariza was standing up with a folded napkin with something in it, which he put up to Madonna's nose, Madonna inhaled, and then Ariza wiped his nose clean:dead:

Man fukk Alex Ariza's cheating ass:pacspit:

Madonna was still wobbly after meeting with the doctor and even AFTER the smelling salts, he was still dazed.....imagine what he would have been like without smelling salts?:birdman:

The outcome isnt guaranteed that AB would've KOd him, but with AB finally being super aggressive, combined with Madonna being tired and wobbly, we will never know what would've happened:mindblown:

Now, I'm officially pissed brehs:demonic:

:dahell:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I was cool with him losing fair and square.....fukk it, everyone has to lose sometimes:manny:

But fukkery?:ufdup:

I hope AB sees this video or hear about the rumblings and has his team look into this. Even after smelling salts, you were still fukked up...what would he been like on tired legs with NO smelling salts against an aggressive AB? That question will never be answered:snoop:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

You're the only one who doesnt see the blatant cheating......I wonder why?:comeon:

I didnt even point it out. It was brought up by other posters in here.

If you wanna just be an AB hater, then fine take your stance, but dont try and act objective when the evidence is right in your face and others are pointing it out to you:ufdup:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe in him which is why I recommended that path of just moving down immediately if I were on Broner's team.

If I did believe in him & he just had an off night, then yes I would agree immediate rematch is the way to go.

As a fan, I hate rematches when the outcome wasn't even close. I'd much rather see Maidana fight a guy like Thurman & Broner fight someone else.

what I will say to that is...the way AB started out the 1st round was the whole fukkin fight basically. if he doesnt start that way next time he possibly wins by decision. it wasnt close and he got the breaks beat off him but he knows if he was truly beaten by a better fighter or if he just had a fukked up night.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

better quality

NOTHING TO SEE:snoop:

Look at Ariza's right hand. He has something in it and then puts it in that napkin, that he has in his left hand, and puts it up to Madonna's nose:usure:

It's obvious, blatant, flagrant, outrageous...........they cheated.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

better quality

it was something on that chit! :pachaha: you could tell by MM reaction. wasnt smelling salt but it was likely a liquid or clear substance on that chit. or it was on the inside which is why he folded it somewhat. he puts it to his nose and MM pushes it away twice, basically signalling that it is too strong and he dont need it.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
You're the only one who doesnt see the blatant cheating......I wonder why?:comeon:

I didnt even point it out. It was brought up by other posters in here.

If you wanna just be an AB hater, then fine take your stance, but dont try and act objective when the evidence is right in your face and others are pointing it out to you:ufdup:

better quality

EHHHHHHHHH on second thought, I think I did see what you guys are talking about- youll notice in the video Ariza has the napkin in his left hand and some white pill shaped things in his right hand which it appears he puts into the napkin and then puts up to Maidana's face...so @Newzz I see where youre coming from but Im just stating the fact that we LITERALLY dont know what that thing is, we can only speculate. But real talk, I do recall a round where prior to it I seriously thought Stafford had Broner inhale something cuz you saw Stafford put the napkin to his nose and Broner inhale. I truly dont care enough to go back and figure out what it was or post videos and do that ish...but one of ya can find it for sure. But again, we LITERALLY dont know what it is.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Look at Ariza's right hand. He has something in it and then puts it in that napkin, that he has in his left hand, and puts it up to Madonna's nose:usure:

It's obvious, blatant, flagrant, outrageous...........they cheated.

see what?.. i dont see nothing.
it was something on that chit! :pachaha: you could tell by MM reaction. wasnt smelling salt but it was likely a liquid or clear substance on that chit. or it was on the inside which is why he folded it somewhat. he puts it to his nose and MM pushes it away twice, basically signalling that it is too strong and he dont need it.

like the towel was dipped with something?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehhhhh I dont know about that bro. It seemed like Ariza was wiping his nose. Its not like you can see the salt on the napkin or see the aroma of it travelling into his nasal passage. Lets not diminish Maidana's victory cuz it came at Broner's expense.

it looks to me more like he is NOT just wiping his nose. thats just me though.