Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
what I will say to that is...the way AB started out the 1st round was the whole fukkin fight basically. if he doesnt start that way next time he possibly wins by decision. it wasnt close and he got the breaks beat off him but he knows if he was truly beaten by a better fighter or if he just had a fukked up night.

The knockdowns did him in.

I had AD winning rounds 3, 5, 6, 7, and 12 and Madonna winning rounds 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, and 11.

Madonna landed they WAY bigger punches and had knockdowns as well which AB had none of. The mistakes can be corrected and he could win a rematch, I'm just wondering how his psyche will be now that he finally tasted defeat.

Some fighters are never the same after taking huge punches like he took in that fight. 2nd worst beating I seen a name brand fighter take this year after Tim Bradley's victory over Provo. Bradley bounced back with a masterful performance over JMM though, so we'll have to see what Broner does

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
it looks to me more like he is NOT just wiping his nose. thats just me though.
Looks like Ariza put something in it. Still though, Maidana looked dazed but not out. We've seen him like that before. Do I think we see a 12th round KO by Broner, hell no.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
see what?.. i dont see nothing.

like the towel was dipped with something?

I dont know but it wasnt a nose wipe. they use swabs for nose and the only time they use a wipe like that is to blow a fighters nose which is the cardinal sin because it causes swelling. so what was on that damn napkin? and Maidana was pushing it away. besides, Ariza aint the damn cutman..only thing he should be providing is water.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
EHHHHHHHHH on second thought, I think I did see what you guys are talking about- youll notice in the video Ariza has the napkin in his left hand and some white pill shaped things in his right hand which it appears he puts into the napkin and then puts up to Maidana's face...so @Newzz I see where youre coming from but Im just stating the fact that we LITERALLY dont know what that thing is, we can only speculate. But real talk, I do recall a round where prior to it I seriously thought Stafford had Broner inhale something cuz you saw Stafford put the napkin to his nose and Broner inhale. I truly dont care enough to go back and figure out what it was or post videos and do that ish...but one of ya can find it for sure. But again, we LITERALLY dont know what it is.

I would have to see what you're talking about because I didnt notice that OR the Ariza thing. It was pointed out to me. I thought it was just a clean fight all the way through and that the better man won up until now:manny:

Now, I'm gonna always wonder what "could've" happened with a badly hurt Madonna on tired legs and an aggressive AB in the 12th round.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks like Ariza put something in it. Still though, Maidana looked dazed but not out. We've seen him like that before. Do I think we see a 12th round KO by Broner, hell no.

no, not saying that. just dont like cheats. if its banned, then throw that shyt in the bushes. but actually, I think corners use stuff like that all the time. they put it on their hands and put it close to the fighters nose. the shyt Ariza did looked like it was affecting MM in some sorta way cuz he pushed his hand away twice as to say alright already...I'm good.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I dont know but it wasnt a nose wipe. they use swabs for nose and the only time they use a wipe like that is to blow a fighters nose which is the cardinal sin because it causes swelling. so what was on that damn napkin? and Maidana was pushing it away. besides, Ariza aint the damn cutman..only thing he should be providing is water.
its not good to blow your nose but fighters still do it, i didnt see nothing on the napkin at all... i think people are making it a bigger deal is cuz marcoz looking like he is sniffing something in his nose but he was just breathing in trying to get oxygen:heh:, pushed him away cuz he wanted to breath

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
it looks to me more like he is NOT just wiping his nose. thats just me though.

I now agree with you. However, we need two things confirmed before we start calling anyone a cheater-

1. EXACTLY what was placed in the napkin
2. Whether what was placed in the napkin was illegal or not.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its not good to blow your nose but fighters still do it, i didnt see nothing on the napkin at all... i think people are making it a bigger deal is cuz marcoz looking like he is sniffing something in his nose but he was just breathing in trying to get oxygen:heh:, pushed him away cuz he wanted to breath

you may have a point but Ariza was really aggressive with that damn napkin, I could see MM pushing it away at least twice.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
As I think about it, AB caught Madonna at the end of the 11th round with that clean left hook a second after the bell rung. If I could see the footage, if this happened between the end of the 11th and start of the 12th round, it was DEFINITELY smelling salts he was given bc Madonna was still a little woozy when he came out for the 12th. Even the announcers pointed out that he didnt look fully recovered.

Smelling salts would've helped him regain his composure better and is definitely some bullshyt:camby:

That shyt "yuppie" was talking about is his info from wherever he got it from, but I do know smelling salts makes fighters more alert.

Let me find out this was in the corner before the 12th round:ufdup:
If they did the smelling salts after that cheapshot Broner hit Maidana with after the bell then I am fine with it. Maidana was dazed from that hit and he was given no time to recuperate. Hell he spent the majority of the time between rounds on his feet getting looked at by the doctor. So two wrongs make a right in this case as far as I'm concerned.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
If they did the smelling salts after that cheapshot Broner hit Maidana with after the bell then I am fine with it. Maidana was dazed from that hit and he was given no time to recuperate. Hell he spent the majority of the time between rounds on his feet getting looked at by the doctor. So two wrongs make a right in this case as far as I'm concerned.

They both were fouling all night though. Madonna was holding and hitting the entire fight:manny:

"Cheating" should never be condoned though, regardless of the fighters, and this is the 2nd time in 3 weeks an Ariza fighter had him doing something "fishy"

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Personally, it looked like smelling salts. I don't think it changed anything in the fight. He looked fine walking around. Broner had been ineffective the whole night and the only punched he landed that seemed to do any damage was after the bell.
To me it is a bigger indictment of Ariza and his bytch ass needs to be investigated and suspended/fined.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I now agree with you. However, we need two things confirmed before we start calling anyone a cheater-

1. EXACTLY what was placed in the napkin
2. Whether what was placed in the napkin was illegal or not.

breh hellz naw! I looked at this chit again and it has me cracking up. Ariza put something in that napkin for sure. he looks off to the left then places it in, then FOLDS the chit, then tries to hold it to MM nose, once MM pushes it away with right hand then at the end pushes with left hand. Ariza tried to apply the shyt 3 times from what I saw. If he put anything in a napkin its illegal. the ONLY substance that I know of allowed in a corner is Petroleum Jelly.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I don't think two wrongs make a right, but I think it is more an issue that Ariza has to defend, not an indictment on the result of the fight.
Broner was fighting close to breaking the rules the whole fight. Honestly didn't see Maidana do anything wrong, except the headbutt, but I couldn't blame him for that - Broner had been two armed bear hugging him all night.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

poetic justice? maybe. but difference in theory. the ref is supposed to take care of that after the bell business.