Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
then he folds it, and puts it to MMs mouth. then MM pushes it away, then he tries again and it looks like it doesnt take (mouth) then he tries a 3rd time and MM pushes it away again. so IMO, it looks like Ariza ATTEMPTED to give MM something that MM didnt want and it looks as if he didnt take it anyway. Ariza is in question here from what I see, not MM.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
11675339-large.jpg

somthing like this?

no, after looking at the video more, its not smelling salt. it was something that Ariza tried to put in his mouth which it looked like MM refused to take.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its as plain as day....he tries once, looks like he didnt get it in so he tries again and the napkin opens up. the last time he tried MM pushed him away with the left hand. I dont think MM took anything or did anything illegal. I think Ariza tried to get him to put something in his mouth and he didnt want it.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
now remember, the napkin is open there, then he folds it. then he tries to rub it along his nose/mouth. then at the end the napkin is no longer folded. I didnt see anything drop though.
only i can think is if the napkin was dipped in something but i think we are just reaching, idk.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Marcos Maidana scored two knockdowns and won a clear decision over Adrien Broner on all three judges’ scorecards.

Judge Levi Martinez had Maidana winning 117-109, giving him 10 of the 12 rounds. The only rounds he gave to Broner were Round 5 and Round 12.

Interestingly, Martinez was the only judge to score the eighth round an even 9-9. That was the round in which Maidana knocked Broner down, but later had a point taken away due to an intentional head butt. The other two judges scored that round 9-8 for Maidana.

Nelson Vazquez had it 116-109, giving Maidana nine rounds. He gave Broner rounds 4, 7 and 11.

And Stanley Christoudolou had it 115-110, giving Maidana eight rounds. He gave Broner rounds 4, 6, 11 and 12.

Broner never got a round unanimously. Two judges gave him Round 4. One judge gave him Round 5. One judge gave him round 6. One judge gave him round 7. Two judges gave him round 11. And two judges gave him round 12.

That means Broner won at least one scorecard in six of the 12 rounds. Then again, Maidana won at least one scorecard in all 12 rounds.

If a score was taken from “majority rules,” Maidana would’ve won nine rounds and Broner would’ve won three rounds, and the final card would’ve been the 116-109 that Vazquez turned in.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only i can think is if the napkin was dipped in something but i think we are just reaching, idk.

I watched it in HD on the dvr and stepped it by frames and it was something he tried to put in his mouth. there is a point where the once folded napkin is unfolded and half of the napkin on one side of his face and the other half on the other side. this is the point where he appeared to try to put something in his mouth, which MM immediately put his right glove up and pushed Ariza away. then Maidana looks down into the napkin (maybe he sees what it is) then Ariza attempts to do it once more and MM pushes his hand away using his left hand.

if what I am suggesting is true....Ariza attempted to cheat but MM was having no parts of it.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
then he folds it, and puts it to MMs mouth. then MM pushes it away, then he tries again and it looks like it doesnt take (mouth) then he tries a 3rd time and MM pushes it away again. so IMO, it looks like Ariza ATTEMPTED to give MM something that MM didnt want and it looks as if he didnt take it anyway. Ariza is in question here from what I see, not MM.
That is exactly what I see. I don't even think Maidana needed anything. He looked fine. My thing is what people who associate with Ariza need to start addressing, why even associate with this guy. He is going to get you in trouble or throw shade on you, even if you want no parts of it.

Marcos Maidana scored two knockdowns and won a clear decision over Adrien Broner on all three judges’ scorecards.

Judge Levi Martinez had Maidana winning 117-109, giving him 10 of the 12 rounds. The only rounds he gave to Broner were Round 5 and Round 12.

Interestingly, Martinez was the only judge to score the eighth round an even 9-9. That was the round in which Maidana knocked Broner down, but later had a point taken away due to an intentional head butt. The other two judges scored that round 9-8 for Maidana.

Nelson Vazquez had it 116-109, giving Maidana nine rounds. He gave Broner rounds 4, 7 and 11.

And Stanley Christoudolou had it 115-110, giving Maidana eight rounds. He gave Broner rounds 4, 6, 11 and 12.

Broner never got a round unanimously. Two judges gave him Round 4. One judge gave him Round 5. One judge gave him round 6. One judge gave him round 7. Two judges gave him round 11. And two judges gave him round 12.

That means Broner won at least one scorecard in six of the 12 rounds. Then again, Maidana won at least one scorecard in all 12 rounds.

If a score was taken from “majority rules,” Maidana would’ve won nine rounds and Broner would’ve won three rounds, and the final card would’ve been the 116-109 that Vazquez turned in.
That is a good breakdown. The rounds Broner won were not clean easy rounds to score and that really showed in. Most boxing reporters had a similar 9-3 ish scorecard. I had it 9-3 Maidana and felt the same way - Maidana rounds were pretty easy, finding Broner rounds were tougher because he never cleanly outclassed Maidana in a round.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
funny that B-Hop was with Broner right before the decision was announced but AB broke away.

B-Hop shouldve been like

:whoa: fukk u goin dawg?

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
quite surprised that it wasn't a split decision. Shocked when I heard Unanimous decision.
With the scorecard fukkery of this year I was bracing for it...but I still thought it was too obvious for someone to score it for Broner...but we thought the same thing with Mayweather-Canelo.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
funny thing u guys is if it was a complete no name who did what alex did we wouldnt even be having this conversation.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is exactly what I see. I don't even think Maidana needed anything.

well, they didnt know because the doc was looking at him and asked him if he was ok, then Garcia asked him, meanwhile Ariza was looking shady. looked like Ariza wanted some extra insurance and MM was like man...throw that chit in the bushes.