Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Madonna was still woozy after inhaling smelling salts, you dont think he would've been even worse without taking it? Especially with how aggressive AB started off that 12th round, we will never know, but it's still something to think about.

Madonna was tired and woozy and AB was very aggressive. Without the smelling salts, anything could've happened.

fukk Alex Ariza:pacspit:

well, smelling salts is banned from corner use..and that footage proves that he used something of that effect, be it salts, ammonia, etc....

will there be a protest? :manny:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
well, smelling salts is banned from corner use..and that footage proves that he used something of that effect, be it salts, ammonia, etc....

will there be a protest? :manny:

I would, but does smelling salts or whatever he used even show up in post fight drug tests?

He obviously told him to sniff something...what the fukk is he sniffing? You're not allowed to be sniffing anything:ufdup:

I wish I could go back and watch the fight. Matter of fact, I believe @SuikodenII posted the fight somewhere in here but it's long gone due to the posts made since then.

All I know is, if it was prior to the 12th round, it was blatant cheating and I would protest if I was AB.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Somebody named "yuppie" posted in "Why did smelling salts get banned from boxing" g on boxingscene.com a few months ago.....here's his post and if true, fukk Madonna, Robert Garcia, AND Alex Ariza because that shyt is ridiculous:pacspit:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588536

I need an explanation from Ariza or Madonna or Garcia:ufdup:

I dont know about all of that but smelling salts are bad period in boxing because it basically wakes you up before you are ready to be woke up. your brain has many auto shutdown features...smelling salts shocks your brain and senses and makes it come out of its natural shutdown mode. if you cant wake a fighter up or get him alert by slapping him...he shouldnt be fighting.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would, but does smelling salts or whatever he used even show up in post fight drug tests?

He obviously told him to sniff something...what the fukk is he sniffing? You're not allowed to be sniffing anything:ufdup:

I wish I could go back and watch the fight. Matter of fact, I believe @SuikodenII posted the fight somewhere in here but it's long gone due to the posts made since then.

All I know is, if it was prior to the 12th round, it was blatant cheating and I would protest if I was AB.

fukk a test...we got video proof. this at least should be looked into. I am not a guy that says this guy is a cheat because he drank some gatorade or took some smelling salts. but rules are in place for a reason. dont make em if you aint gonna adhere.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
I know what you are talkin about but its a bad move IMO. get MM straight away before somebody else eats your lunch. if MM loses again, and AB beats another fighter...it would be pointless. sorta like Tszyu vs Phillips II which never happened. if his team believes in him, take the fight. if they dont, stay away. the biz is bullshyt. AB was basically brainwashed into thinking he would be a PPV star if he could beat certain guys. the quickest way to being a star is by not fukking around with guys like Maidana...and taking the fight that makes not only the most money but boosts your stature equally. Maidana was seen as high reward/low risk for him...but now that the risk was realized...whats the fallout? they didnt think that far ahead. if they wouldve have, he wouldnt have ran out of the ring like he did.

Great minds think alike, breh.

To me, once you become World Champ level, no more soft touches for you. No one is trying to pay good money (HBO, Showtime, PPV, ticket sales) to see you beat on a no-hoper. If you need some time off to heal, cool, but Broner better take this shyt seriously and come back strong.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great minds think alike, breh.

To me, once you become World Champ level, no more soft touches for you. No one is trying to pay good money (HBO, Showtime, PPV, ticket sales) to see you beat on a no-hoper. If you need some time off to heal, cool, but Broner better take this shyt seriously and come back strong.

he has to because what is the incentive for top guys like Swift to fight him now? he's damaged goods. he didnt lose a close decision, he got brakes beat off him. he needs to come back strong because now people really view him as a fraud and a bunch of lip.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
If Madonna was still woozy after inhaling smelling salts, you dont think he would've been even worse without taking it? Especially with how aggressive AB started off that 12th round, we will never know, but it's still something to think about.

Madonna was tired and woozy and AB was very aggressive. Without the smelling salts, anything could've happened.

fukk Alex Ariza:pacspit:
I'm just looking at Maidana's history and the fact the punch looked like it hurt Maidana, but he didn't appear in serious trouble. Maidana is a warrior and has always fought back when hurt. Broner may have ended up knocking Maidana down, I still would have been surprised, but I don't think Broner could've knocked Maidana out. A knockdown, but not knockout may have helped our perception of Broner in the fight, but not on the scorecards as he clearly was trailing by a lot in the fight.
We also need to consider Maidana fans would have been pissed if Maidana lost because of a punch that was clearly after the bell.

Either way, the argument is moot for me. The fight was the correct result, late punch or smelling salts...it ended how it should have. But Ariza needs to go. This guy is bad for boxing. He may not be doing anything illegal, but the perception is that he is. That is a black eye the sport doesn't need.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Broner vs Madonna is on Showtime OnDemand already. I'm about to confirm whether it was in the corner prior to the 12th round or not.

Regardless, it was cheating but that was a crucial point in the fight for AB. The 12th round was the only round AB came out letting his hands go from the bell and landed some good shots early on a still dazed Madonna.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think its important that we realize now that....in boxing, its like the music industry. do you sign wit a major or go indy? at least boxers should try and control most of their business. when you put your career in the hands of promoters and networks...you basically have to go with the flow. if they say you are the next Mayweather, then thats what you are...whether you have Mayweather skills or not.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I'm just looking at Maidana's history and the fact the punch looked like it hurt Maidana, but he didn't appear in serious trouble. Maidana is a warrior and has always fought back when hurt. Broner may have ended up knocking Maidana down, I still would have been surprised, but I don't think Broner could've knocked Maidana out. A knockdown, but not knockout may have helped our perception of Broner in the fight, but not on the scorecards as he clearly was trailing by a lot in the fight.
We also need to consider Maidana fans would have been pissed if Maidana lost because of a punch that was clearly after the bell.

Either way, the argument is moot for me. The fight was the correct result, late punch or smelling salts...it ended how it should have. But Ariza needs to go. This guy is bad for boxing. He may not be doing anything illegal, but the perception is that he is. That is a black eye the sport doesn't need.

When's the last time Maidana was knocked down late in a fight though?

He was clearly winning this fight, but he was also clearly tired and also still dazed with smelling salts used on him. If smelling salts were used, we dont know HOW badly he was actually hurt and may have been open to anything.

I cant say for sure, but none else can say for sure either. There have been plenty of fights were people have been KOd in the 12th and final rounds:manny: