Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
Broner: Not Going to Sit in Sorrow, I Can Still Party

by David P. Greisman

Adrien Broner had walked out of the ring the moment that Marcos Maidana was announced as the winner — an announcement that meant that Broner had lost his welterweight world title and had suffered his first pro defeat.

At first, he refused an interview in his dressing room, according to publicists working the show. Soon, he said he wanted an immediate rematch.

Later, after he was examined by a physician, Broner was interviewed by Showtime’s Barry Tompkins.

“I’m still young, fly and flashy, and still in the game of boxing,” Broner said.

“I’m not here to make any excuses. I’m in a dangerous sport,” he said. “We’re not going to sit in sorrow. We’re going to live tomorrow like we won the fight. So if anybody wants to come out and be with the three-time world champion — because I can still go on and say I was three-time world champion. I still am a three-time world champion in three different weight classes. I can still live on and say that. I can still party. I can still have fun. My first party is going to be on Tuesday in Cincinnati.

“All I can do is go back to the drawing board, and come back and fight my ass off,” Broner said. “He fought a hell of a fight. I fought a hell of a fight. He was the better man tonight. I’ll fight him my next fight, but right now, we’re going to live like we won the fight. If you want me in your club. I will be in your club.”

He repeatedly plugged a phone number at which people could reach him if they wanted to pay him to be in their club.

“We still going to have fun, like we won the fight,” Broner said.

He was then asked if he was going to remain at welterweight, rather than drop back down to lighter weight classes.

“Listen, you know where I’m going to stay,” Broner said. “I’m going to stay in your club if you call me.”

:mindblown::dahell::sitdown::flabbynsick::dead:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
He was bobbin when he shoulda been weavin'
tumblr_mxk8lo7fGB1rn3gulo2_500.gif

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Broner: Not Going to Sit in Sorrow, I Can Still Party

by David P. Greisman

Adrien Broner had walked out of the ring the moment that Marcos Maidana was announced as the winner — an announcement that meant that Broner had lost his welterweight world title and had suffered his first pro defeat.

At first, he refused an interview in his dressing room, according to publicists working the show. Soon, he said he wanted an immediate rematch.

Later, after he was examined by a physician, Broner was interviewed by Showtime’s Barry Tompkins.

“I’m still young, fly and flashy, and still in the game of boxing,” Broner said.

“I’m not here to make any excuses. I’m in a dangerous sport,” he said. “We’re not going to sit in sorrow. We’re going to live tomorrow like we won the fight.
So if anybody wants to come out and be with the three-time world champion — because I can still go on and say I was three-time world champion. I still am a three-time world champion in three different weight classes. I can still live on and say that.

“All I can do is go back to the drawing board, and come back and fight my ass off,” Broner said. “He fought a hell of a fight. I fought a hell of a fight. He was the better man tonight. I’ll fight him my next fight

That's all he should've said

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good points. I would say that he needs this rematch straight away more than anything. Khan moved on be he had reached his pinnacle. AB still has potential to be a bigger star than he currently was. Plus, Khan had been exposed, then confirmed that he dont have the chin so he really is on the downside of his career looking to cash out. he even mentioned recently about retiring. Already financially set WITHOUT a Mayweather fight.

I'd pick Gamboa, I said it before. Gamboa looks shaky but he got that speed and he can reach Broner. Broner got hit by MM so you know Gamboa will get to him. it would be a good fight though. we just didnt know much about AB and we found a lot last night. I cant blame AB for any move he makes now because you want to come out of this with some money while your faculties are intact. If he doesnt want the risk and the wars...I could see him taking the biggest money fights out there a few more times around then calling it a day. If he is a warrior who truly believes he belongs at the top....he will start with seeing that man again, beating him, then working his way back up with quality fights.

Here's the reasons why I would avoid an immediate rematch

With the type of style Maidana has, he is not gonna have any longevity as a top fighter. He is gonna fall off eventually, perhaps sooner than later. When he shows signs of falling off, that's when you rematch him. That's true matchmaking right there lol

At this point in AB's career, I don't think he has the defense to go a whole fight without suffering multiple knockdowns against Maidana. I question AB's chin as well against top level opponents. We'll have more answers as he faces top guys. I realize Maidana hits hard & hurts everyone, but I always question someone's chin until they consistently fight top level guys.

Broner is a young fighter. Broner-Maidana is always gonna be a war. Why even takes years off a young fighters career? If he were to beat Maidana in an immediate rematch, then what? It doesn't change the fact he's not a WW anyway. Probably wouldnt look great doing it either, but Maidana-Broner 2 will probably be a good money fight. If he were to lose, he could still move down. However, there's nothing cool about losing back to back when he could rematch him when he slows down. Move down to 140, fight there, watch Maidana each fight, & fight him when he slows down if you want to avenge the lost.

It's a tough era. Fighters only fight twice a year & want to make as much money as possible. Therefore, there aren't really tuneups any more. Networks aren't gonna pay you to fight a tuneup. He's gonna run into problems. Amir Khan is able to get tuneups in because he'll still get support in his country.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Check this out from August

http://boxscorenews.com/floyd-maywe...ly-fought-stiffs-copying-should-p60762-68.htm

Floyd Mayweather Sr: Adrien Broner has ‘only fought stiffs’, copying shoulder roll will backfire

August 23, 2013 -Floyd Mayweather Sr. has stated that Adrien Broner’s idolising of his son could be the downfall of the three-weight world champion. The current WBA 147 lb titlist, and 135 lb WBC champion is about to sign terms for a big Showtime PPV clash against feared puncher Marcos Maidana, although Mayweather Sr. has insinuated that the Argentinian will be the first live opponent the American has faced, and that his mimicking of Floyd Mayweather’s shoulder roll could backfire during the fight.

“Another one it’s going to happen to, as soon as he gets the right man in his face, is Broner. Broner, so far, so good. He’s doing it the best of anyone else that’s did it. But then, also, he’s had stiffs in front of him. He hasn’t had no real fighter in front of him, man. When he gets somebody real in front of him, he’s going to forget all about the roll. The roll won’t even be there, believe me. The roll won’t be there, none of that other stuff picking off, catching, rolling — you won’t see none of that,” Mayweather told David Mayo.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
My nikka AB finally speaks out to the Twitter universe

#BandCamp.....we cooling. Relax. AB will be back and better than before

:blessed:

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Here's the reasons why I would avoid an immediate rematch

With the type of style Maidana has, he is not gonna have any longevity as a top fighter. He is gonna fall off eventually, perhaps sooner than later. When he shows signs of falling off, that's when you rematch him. That's true matchmaking right there lol

At this point in AB's career, I don't think he has the defense to go a whole fight without suffering multiple knockdowns against Maidana. I question AB's chin as well against top level opponents. We'll have more answers as he faces top guys. I realize Maidana hits hard & hurts everyone, but I always question someone's chin until they consistently fight top level guys.

Broner is a young fighter. Broner-Maidana is always gonna be a war. Why even takes years off a young fighters career? If he were to beat Maidana in an immediate rematch, then what? It doesn't change the fact he's not a WW anyway. Probably wouldnt look great doing it either, but Maidana-Broner 2 will probably be a good money fight. If he were to lose, he could still move down. However, there's nothing cool about losing back to back when he could rematch him when he slows down. Move down to 140, fight there, watch Maidana each fight, & fight him when he slows down if you want to avenge the lost.

It's a tough era. Fighters only fight twice a year & want to make as much money as possible. Therefore, there aren't really tuneups any more. Networks aren't gonna pay you to fight a tuneup. He's gonna run into problems. Amir Khan is able to get tuneups in because he'll still get support in his country.

That's pretty bytchmade right there. Cats complain back and forth all day that dudes like Mayweather and Pacquiao fight dudes when washed up and not as good as they were before, but then you want Broner to wait until he can fight a lesser Maidana to get his "win" back. Must be the bytchassness of today's generation.

If Broner is the "world champion" fighter he says he is (and can get the immediate rematch), he should take Maidana again spring/ summer 2014. No running down in weight yet. Ole "I cant be him, so I will switch weight classes and run away from a real challenge" ass nikkas in here.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
My nikka AB finally speaks out to the Twitter universe

#BandCamp.....we cooling. Relax. AB will be back and better than before

:blessed:

I respect this. Not the running out the ring last night though. i think Broner takes the rematch if he just lets his hands go and takes shyt more seriously. He ain't in there with club fighters anymore.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Feeling good about that fight last night. Broner has been getting on my nerves and needed a good beating to hopefully refocus him. I had it pretty easy to score 117-109, turns out that as I read articles around the web most boxing writers and insiders had a similar score.

Broner's been an ass outside of the ring and definitely you could tell he wasn't taking the game seriously. If he wants to be like Floyd, he better learn that for all the talk Floyd does, no one outworks Floyd when it comes to preparation.
The little talked about thing regarding Broner that has really been bothering me is that he is dirty as fukk in the ring. His bullshyt needs to go.

Broner is still a talented dude and can have a successful career. As others have said, too much focus is put on being undefeated nowadays. Historically all the best fighters have multiple losses. True boxing heads know that will happen, what is more important is how you fight, who you fight, your performance, and how you respond. If Broner takes it right, one loss means nothing but a good learning experience and he could come back and be a better fighter.

Right now Broner needs to work on his style because it looks like an aggressive fighter who is physically strong and attacks him will give Broner serious trouble. I think if Broner stepped in the ring with Maidana, Matthysse, Provodnikov, Thurman, Guerrero, and Garcia he loses all those fights. Hell with the way he keeps coming forward, throwing punches, and his chin, I don't think Soto Karass is a good matchup for Broner. They have a style Broner can't deal with right now. Put Broner in with a Paulie, Zab, Khan, and Peterson I think Broner does really well.
If I was Broner I would avoid a Maidana rematch. I don't think much changes. It was a physical domination by Maidana and whenever Maidana decided to use his strength and come straight at Broner and throw bombs there was nothing Broner could do about it. The rounds Broner won, were tough close rounds...Broner really didn't have any rounds where he clearly got the better of Maidana.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's pretty bytchmade right there. Cats complain back and forth all day that dudes like Mayweather and Pacquiao fight dudes when washed up and not as good as they were before, but then you want Broner to wait until he can fight a lesser Maidana to get his "win" back. Must be the bytchassness of today's generation.

If Broner is the "world champion" fighter he says he is (and can get the immediate rematch), he should take Maidana again spring/ summer 2014. No running down in weight yet. Ole "I cant be him, so I will switch weight classes and run away from a real challenge" ass nikkas in here.

Boxing is a business first, sport second & I look at it as such. When I talk about boxing as a business, it has NOTHING to do with what I want as a fan. It should of been obvious when I typed that post I was thinking like a promoter.

I'm talking to synistr from a business perspective because he knows what I'm talking about.