Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
reason AB stopped letting his hands go is like any other fighter who stops letting there handsgo .. he was scared of getting countered back... the power scared him and he was on a bike at times :snoop:

He wasn't letting his hands go against Pauletta either and Pauletta has no power

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
nah..i just dont sleep long...i passed out around 2 woke up at 8
Do the same shyt...I hate it.
Gotta say re-watching the fight it looked like broner was missing about a month worth of training camp. He was sparring on the all access for Mayweather/Canelo which was probably end of August. If he hit the gym the next day that'd be a solid three months but IDK. He looked about 75% ready for that fight.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My final thoughts on Broner & then I'm moving on

I like watching Broner. I think he's very entertaining fighter with a lot of heart. He's still a very good draw. A loss doesn't really hurt him. There will be a lot of interest in his next fight to see how he bounces back. This loss only hurts if you felt he was a future ppv star.

I don't think his team should pursue a rematch. They should just simply move on, similar to what Khan does after a loss. Team Khan always keeps it very business like. It's like "okay, he got me, let's move on & rebuild."

When I look at the current top 10 in the WW division, I don't think he is ready for any of those guys at this point in his career.

I don't understand how GBP couldn't see this. They watch these fighters up close, they visit them in the gym, etc. How could his own promoter get caught up in the hype? That's what fans do not promoters. GBP's flawed matchmaking makes boxing very entertaining though. I'm just accustomed to looking at boxing from a business that some of their moves befuddle me.

If I were guiding his career, if he can still make weight, I would move him down to 135 & build up to a Gamboa fight. However, this is the least likely scenario. Once a fighter doesn't have to go through that grind of making that weight, they'll have no desire to try to. This fight should have happened before he left 135. I think his team should consider 140.

good points. I would say that he needs this rematch straight away more than anything. Khan moved on be he had reached his pinnacle. AB still has potential to be a bigger star than he currently was. Plus, Khan had been exposed, then confirmed that he dont have the chin so he really is on the downside of his career looking to cash out. he even mentioned recently about retiring. Already financially set WITHOUT a Mayweather fight.

I'd pick Gamboa, I said it before. Gamboa looks shaky but he got that speed and he can reach Broner. Broner got hit by MM so you know Gamboa will get to him. it would be a good fight though. we just didnt know much about AB and we found a lot last night. I cant blame AB for any move he makes now because you want to come out of this with some money while your faculties are intact. If he doesnt want the risk and the wars...I could see him taking the biggest money fights out there a few more times around then calling it a day. If he is a warrior who truly believes he belongs at the top....he will start with seeing that man again, beating him, then working his way back up with quality fights.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
He wasn't letting his hands go against Pauletta either and Pauletta has no power
he did let his hands go against paully, pauly was just throwing a thousand punches per round.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
reason AB stopped letting his hands go is like any other fighter who stops letting there handsgo .. he was scared of getting countered back... the power scared him and he was on a bike at times :snoop:

that, and the fact that his boxing ability was overrated. he is not adept and finding angles and doesnt have much ring savvy. just basically a guy who plays good offense and good defense.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
that, and the fact that his boxing ability was overrated. he is not adept and finding angles and doesnt have much ring savvy. just basically a guy who plays good offense and good defense.
problem too was he was used to fighting guys where he was extremely stronger than, maidana a good size... looked stronger then AB... you see AB legs?:scusthov:... AB is all upper body.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

its because he has to stop and think a lot, like Paulie said. Dawson has some of the same issues. they are more methodical thinkers than reactionary. they play offense hard or play defense hard but they dont do them both at the same time well. they basically are good athletic fighters with no game plans. good at stepping to fighters and covering up but not good at strategy.

I said this before on here, but this is just an example.....when Holyfield fought Tyson, they studied tape and saw that every time he dipped he threw the left hook. word mustve gotten back to Tyson camp because in the first round he dipped and threw the right hook and caught Holy and almost floored him. of course as the fight went on, Tyson reverted back to dipping and left hooking....for which Holy tattooed his right hand to his ear. B-Hop always has a game plan. You should never go into a fight without one.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
problem too was he was used to fighting guys where he was extremely stronger than, maidana a good size... looked stronger then AB... you see AB legs?:scusthov:... AB is all upper body.

this is true. but I ask....as far as game plan...what did AB think MM was coming to do? I mean he couldnt figure that out? :heh:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Guerrero would be the harder of the two IMO
Guerrero would be all wrong for Broner RIGHT NOW. Ortiz punches alot harder than Guerrero but it's been so long since he fought idk. AB should fight zab next

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
this is true. but I ask....as far as game plan...what did AB think MM was coming to do? I mean he couldnt figure that out? :heh:
i hope he wasnt planning to walk through Marcos punches :heh:.... :unsure:im guessing he thought he would walk in there and just box him, no game plan as if your fighting someone from the street.... while in garcia's camp they were :cook::jawalrus:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
He got hit harder than we think if he wasn't cognizant he needed a KO to win.
I think he got a concussion in the first two rounds, he took a LOT of hard shots to the head

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
yeah they can, because this should prove to people not to push fighters beyond their limits. shouldnt be making soft matches period unless its optional defense to stay busy. we all thought AB would take MM. that was not a matchmaking issue. GBP felt it was a good match as did most. the issue comes when you take a guy from 130....and push him to pick up all these titles. thats cool when you win because you can get paid, but somewhere along the way...you need to not just be getting in the ring for the sake of money. they were fast tracking him to be a PPV guy and he wasnt ready for that. this fight was initially PPV and they found out it wasnt ready to be one.
I think you can make good business moves AND still make tough matches at the same time. just because AB lost dont mean he shouldve been defending against Arnaoutis or somebody.

after winning the title at WW, particularly struggling the way he did, he shouldve targeted 140 and got Swift if he could. that was a bigger fight than MM and losing to an undefeated proven guy like Swift wouldve looked much better and easier to come back from.

so like I am saying in the contrary to what you said about matchmaking and soft fights.....fighters should be making the BIGGEST fights, not always seeking low risk/high reward fights. this guy was not ready to be a full time WW...thats all there is to it.

Swift wasn't goin be an option he fought in Sept N AB was scheduled to fight in Nov then December

You want ABs fat self not fighting til March to wait for Danny?? Then if he vacates his 147 belt to go to 140 he looks like a bytch ducking Chino N then who would he fight?? Swift jus fought same as Matthysse...Peterson coming off a ko?? Lundy?? The nikka AB would a been killed in the media N by fans

Maidana was a big fight they had a great crowd, all access N a good buzz....not to mention Maidana is with Haymon N casuals already talking bout him with Floyd.... Ortiz proved you can look horrible in defeat to Maidana N still come back as a draw....AB will be fine