Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Broner won round 3, 5,6, and 7.

Why is trainer telling him he needs to back Madonna up more:mindblown:

He should've told him to apply smart pressure, use his jab more, and throw more combinations

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
You can't walk down a power puncher Stafford if you don't have elite power yourself:ufdup:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who can broner even come back against realistically. he needs a legitimate opponent and yet a soft touch but i cant think of any off the top of my head. this loss is potentially career ending in a naseem hamed way for all the same reasons

people are comparing him to Hamed...I dont agree at all. Hamed was rich as hell after the Barrera fight...and he didnt lose that bad. Hamed had become disinterested in boxing and was running wild outside of the ring because he had so much money. AB should still be hungry. He is much younger and he is not rich. Hamed quit because he was lazy. I am hoping AB isnt lazy. He needs to do what Hamed didnt do, and thats get an immediate rematch. The thing is...I am sure he doesnt want another war like that, nor can he afford to have another one like that so soon. It would be bad for him physically, psychologically, and career wise.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't walk down a power puncher Stafford if you don't have elite power yourself:ufdup:

well, MM dont fight well going back. think thats what Stafford was trying to convey. AB had enough power to back him up....he just didnt throw enough punches. this is because when he out of the philly shell he is vulnerable because he dont move his head.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Stafford telling him he has to let his hands go....AB wants to argue.:rudy:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Stafford telling him he has to let his hands go....AB wants to argue.:rudy:
When he seemed shocked that his trainer told him he needed the KO to win was when I knew he wasn't going to take any much needed lessons from this fight.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ortiz May be a space cadet but he has hard hands and considering how easy it is to hit Broner, Victor might KO him.

I see a Guerrero fight going the same way as the Maidana fight.

well, if you remember, a while back we were saying AB wasnt ready for a guy like Guerrero. he would have to start a lot faster to be able to deal with Ortiz.

for the life of me, I dont understand why fighters come in the ring without being thoroughly warmed up (wet)

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day
well, if you remember, a while back we were saying AB wasnt ready for a guy like Guerrero. he would have to start a lot faster to be able to deal with Ortiz.

for the life of me, I dont understand why fighters come in the ring without being thoroughly warmed up (wet)

That's what happened to Josesito's ass on Friday. I was ringside for that fight and he came in the arena in street clothes right before his bout. When I worked out in a boxing gym I was damn near dead before I even sparred.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

That drives me nuts too...what the hell are you doing before the fight that you aren't sufficiently warmed up?

• Dap
Reactions: Jae