Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peterson has some of the same problems as AB though. He goes into a shell when being attacked and waits til the onslaught is over to get his chit off. Fighters than cant integrate their defense into their offense end up taking a lot of beatings before its said and done. AB good offense and good defense...but he has to be focused on doing one at a time.

Peterson has the experience of being in those tough fights therefore I think he would beat AB in a head to head matchup.

Your talking to a guy who doesn't think much of AB as a fighter at all though. I think lower tier guys like a past prime Kendal ****, Hank Lundy, etc would give the guy trouble. That gives you an idea of what I think of AB as a fighter.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

he only agreed to speak to Showtime after nikkas was pullin his coat. its a bad look to let the telecast end without giving an interview. he shouldve said all that chit on air...meanwhile demanding an immediate rematch. this is why having a GOOD team is important. his team is a bunch of clowns. nobody telling him how to spin chit and make the public see what he wants them to see to a degree.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
That's the truth right there. In a close fight you can get away with walking out, cause you pissed...unless you are Marquez or Cotto, because they always pull that shyt. :lolbron:
But if you catch a beating, doing that shows a lot about your character. Many a fighter or athlete has gained respect by being a man about it and then when you come back, people give you more respect than they had given you before.

Paulie vs. Cotto is a perfect example of this he popped shyt, got fukked up, had to fight with a broken jaw, showed heart and gave Cotto his props at the end. I was there and those Ricans were chanting his name when he walked to the dressing room. BHop is on point Broner could have made fans from this L.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peterson has the experience of being in those tough fights therefore I think he would beat AB in a head to head matchup.

Your talking to a guy who doesn't think much of AB as a fighter at all though. I think lower tier guys like a past prime Kendal ****, Hank Lundy, etc would give the guy trouble. That gives you an idea of what I think of AB as a fighter.

It would be a fight of back and forth leading. Broner is more skilled overall and would likely win that battle. Peterson just dont fight smart enough for me. I would favor Broner.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It would be a fight of back and forth leading. Broner is more skilled overall and would likely win that battle. Peterson just dont fight smart enough for me. I would favor Broner.

We'll agree to disagree. I'll say it's 50-50 fight maybe.

If Peterson fights him aggressively, pressures him, landing bodyshots, keeping him on the ropes like he did in the Khan fight he has a great chance of winning the fight comfortably.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Broner - Maidaina was fight of the year. Sensational fight! Also had a candidate for round of the year too. Broner got exposed and his career is in the :trash:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dreamt (no lie) that broner got stopped. I woke up with a itchy chin and may put some dough on that. I will be missing the cards tomorrow due to other commitments but will catch up on sunday afternoon..

did you put down some bread?

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
We'll agree to disagree. I'll say it's 50-50 fight maybe.

If Peterson fights him aggressively, landing bodyshots, keeping him on the ropes like he did in the Khan fight he has a great chance of winning the fight comfortably.

Peterson - Broner is a no brainer to me- Peterson wins. Again, who has Broner fought? His best opponents were Paulie and Marcos, and we know the outcomes of both. Peterson has faced best in his division, a true and tested 140 pounder. Broner was exposed bro.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Broner - Maidaina was fight of the year. Sensational fight! Also had a candidate for round of the year too. Broner got exposed and his career is in the :trash:

FOY :comeon:

you must aint see Kirkland vs Tapia or a dozen other fights this year that were better than that.

it was a good fight. but thats it. :beli:

upset of the year? :manny:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
FOY :comeon:

you must aint see Kirkland vs Tapia or a dozen other fights this year that were better than that.

it was a good fight. but thats it. :beli:

upset of the year? :manny:
Upset of the year is Gonzalez KO'ing Mares. That was crazy. I don't think I'd call this fight of the year but I'd put it in the top 10. I still think Bradley vs. Provodnikov was the FOTY.