Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not tryin to clown anyone, especially not my dude @Newzz

but I think AB conned the public. he is a good fighter no doubt, but moved up the P4P rankings too quick. all the talk was about his titles. meanwhile, I always asked who did he get the titles from? seriously. that WBO belt is worthless. Demarco is an ok fighter but Valero beat him within an inch of his life. and he struggled with Paulie in a close fight for anyone who had eyes could see. when he didnt dominate Paulie in the later rounds that shouldve been his cue not to fight another WW fight straight away. some think he thought he was the next Mayweather. he may not have believed that at all....he only wanted us to believe it.

Your on point. I would say AB was conned as well. Remember Rocky 3 when Mickey was feeding him setups, having him believe he was better than he really was?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I been tryna tell cats for a minute....

This Broner shyt aint a gimmick. Thats really who he is

That's right.

He's still mentally young and unprofessional at this point. He should have gave Maidana props for beating him instead of running out.

He can come back, but he doesnt carry enough power at 147 and he cant make 135 I dont believe. He has no choice but to go to 140.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I been tryna tell cats for a minute....

This Broner shyt aint a gimmick. Thats really who he is
I am not disagreeing, but I have no idea about the "real" Broner.
I guess maybe I was thinking it was a gimmick because boxing writers have said he is different behind the scenes - I am thinking they are referring to his cheesy jokes...not the fact he acts like a fool 24/7.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That's right.

He's still mentally young and unprofessional at this point. He should have gave Maidana props for beating him instead of running out.

He can come back, but he doesnt carry enough power at 147 and he cant make 135 I dont believe. He has no choice but to go to 140.

Hell be fine once Swift goes to 147 theyll be belts to scoop up for AB :yeshrug:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
probably gonna be the end of AB/Michael Stafford too

His trainer kept it real with him though and TOLD him he needed a KO....but Broner wanted to get an attitude and argue back:rudy:

He needs to hire Roger Mayweather

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
No party is needed:ufdup:

He needs to go and watch the footage and see how Maidana kept hitting him with the same overhand right and looping left hook. Over and over and over again.

:snoop:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He has no power at 147:manny:

Down to 140 is next

damn doggie....rough day. :heh:

its tricky. he is best served at 135 but after seeing him blow up in weight like he did.....he'd have to kill himself to make it. he's an a$$hole. its not a gimmick. from flushing the money to not wanting to sign those gloves. he is somewhere in between Duran and Mayorga as far as his theatrics and disrespect of opponents, but both of those fighters were more loved than AB. Mayorga was entertaining and never taken seriously, plus always gracious after defeat even though he crossed the line on a lot of pre-fight chit. Duran was a great fighter....so he could actually back his chit up for the most part. The No Mas incident left that stain...but AB not doing an interview...even in the locker room makes people that didnt want to see him before, want to see him even less.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
damn doggie....rough day. :heh:

its tricky. he is best served at 135 but after seeing him blow up in weight like he did.....he'd have to kill himself to make it. he's an @sshole. its not a gimmick. from flushing the money to not wanting to sign those gloves. he is somewhere in between Duran and Mayorga as far as his theatrics and disrespect of opponents, but both of those fighters were more loved than AB. Mayorga was entertaining and never taken seriously, plus always gracious after defeat even though he crossed the line on a lot of pre-fight chit. Duran was a great fighter....so he could actually back his chit up for the most part. The No Mas incident left that stain...but AB not doing an interview...even in the locker room makes people that didnt want to see him before, want to see him even less.

Broner has to take this loss, re-group, and let his talents do the talking for him from now on. This loss is almost like Zab Judah losing to Kostya Tszyu........except Tszyu is a legendary fighter:bryan:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Thoughts? :mjpls:

breh...if Broner couldnt beat Maidana, he would get murked by Matthysse. Matthysse a better boxer than Maidana with more power and better chin. its too risky of a fight if you tryin to build AB back up. and a side note...people laughed at when i said Gamboa could beat Broner too. I know Gamboa and Crawford aint fought nobody or looked like world beaters, but as I asked before...who died and made AB God? the hype train was moving too fast.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell be fine once Swift goes to 147 theyll be belts to scoop up for AB :yeshrug:

Well

Lamont has the IBF. Peterson has fought guys better than AB & I believe he would beat him comfortably.
Ruslan has the WBO. Ruslan has a relationship with TR right now, so this fight wouldn't happen. However Ruslan would probably ko him
Garcia has the rest of the belts.

forget the title holders, could AB even beat guys like Matthysee, Alvarado, Rios, etc

It's not an easy path for him at 140 either where he can just scoop up some belts

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I missed this fight but caught them cacs shytting on Broner at the end + with these photos/gif in thread... :snoop:, I hope Floyd never loses!

I can't believe dude humped him from the back though.. that's some high level disrespect

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
And this nikka didnt even "box" either. He decided to stand there, flat footed, with a power puncher:snoop:

Why didnt Stafford tell him to box and jab more:mindblown: