Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

#15 ranked Welterweight Leonard Bundu vs. Lee Purdy

Thought he had punched himself out early, but this man is a warrior, give him his shot on US TV, anyone...

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
@Newzz

Changing trainers is not gonna help especially when "The Problem" IS the problem. The way he disrespected his corner had me turning my favor towards Maidana, Broner earned that ass whooping. And what trainer is gonna want to put up with his nonsense? Mayweathers' ain't got no time for that :dahell:

Also, Maidana has already said he felt Broner's power and said he can punch and was stunned a couple times so he had to be more cautious, so his power does indeed carry up, but naturally his punches won't have the same effect on 147 fighters like it would on 130 and 135lb fighters. With that said, skill pays the bills...not size and strength, Ber-, I mean Broner needs a style change, ASAP or he'll end up like ol' boy....

Broner's problem comes with the fact that he's too damn top heavy. Just like Berto, he's too top heavy to pull off that style effectively. I'm not saying anyone other than Floyd Jr. has perfected it, but if you look at someone like Argenis Mendez he's much better at it because it suits his body style and temperament as a fighter a LOT more. Broner wants to get his shots off and think about defense later, and it was bound to catch up with him sooner or later.
The issue is not his punches not having the same effect, the issue is that his opponents punches having a greater effect. Broner was getting touched up by Gavin Rees ffs but he could take those shots from 135 and 130 lb'ers and they'd just bounce off of him. Those shots are not gonna bounce off at 147, where he doesn't have such a significant size advantage over his opponents.

SuikodenII

Daps

#9 ranked Lightweight Kevin Mitchell vs. Karim El Ouazghari

Late sub forgot to protect himself at all times, dude called a self time out :heh:

SuikodenII

Daps
The issue is not his punches not having the same effect, the issue is that his opponents punches having a greater effect. Broner was getting touched up by Gavin Rees ffs but he could take those shots from 135 and 130 lb'ers and they'd just bounce off of him. Those shots are not gonna bounce off at 147, where he doesn't have such a significant size advantage over his opponents.
Right, exactly why I'm saying he needs to change his style, ASAP. The thing with Mayweather's style of defense is that it carries a HIGH risk/reward with it, and if you can't utilize it correctly, you're better off not even attempting to mimic it because if you don't know what you're doing it'll get you fukked up...

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
shytty corner broner has, but atleast they told him the truth about a KO.

He still needs to switch and go to floyd sr, show him how to move and counter.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Got a gift draw vs Ortiz

Whooped N dropped by pillow fist Bradley

Needed PEDs N Home cooking refs to rob Khan

Destroyed by Lucas

Not a fan of dude at all....him N AB are close so they prolly never fight...but if they do Broner would UD him possibly stop him

stop posting here :beli:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Maidana = Madonna = Mi donna= our lady?

Argentina is Catholic

The Pope is from Argentina ......

The Virgin Mary is a boxing fan.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@Newzz

Changing trainers is not gonna help especially when "The Problem" IS the problem. The way he disrespected his corner had me turning my favor towards Maidana, Broner earned that ass whooping. And what trainer is gonna want to put up with his nonsense? Mayweathers' ain't got no time for that :dahell:

Also, Maidana has already said he felt Broner's power and said he can punch and was stunned a couple times so he had to be more cautious, so his power does indeed carry up, but naturally his punches won't have the same effect on 147 fighters like it would on 130 and 135lb fighters. With that said, skill pays the bills...not size and strength, Ber-, I mean Broner needs a style change, ASAP or he'll end up like ol' boy....

Broner's problem comes with the fact that he's too damn top heavy. Just like Berto, he's too top heavy to pull off that style effectively. I'm not saying anyone other than Floyd Jr. has perfected it, but if you look at someone like Argenis Mendez he's much better at it because it suits his body style and temperament as a fighter a LOT more. Broner wants to get his shots off and think about defense later, and it was bound to catch up with him sooner or later.

I agree. However I do believe a change of trainers to one he respects will make a difference. And I did not hear Stafford telling him to BOX, which would've been the best choice for AB. He never told Broner to stop trying to walk down Madonna and instead, get on his toes and dance.

AB was disrespectful in his corner, but Stafford didn't be his "extra set of eyes" in there. He has to go:camby:

AB can link up with Kevin Cunningham who he respects and Kevin don't take bullshyt. I think that's the best move

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Great card of boxing..

Shumenov took care of business early. I see Hopkins found his next opponent.:youngsabo:

Leo Santa Cruz seems to be the best fighter out of the Margarito school of boxing. He has a higher ring IQ than Angulo and Rios, throws more combos', quicker hands, and still has some good power. He was battering a very game Seda all over the place. Good fight. That left jab at the end of exchanges couldn't miss.

Thurman is the truth. How can you not like this nikka? That dragon punch he finished Soto Karass off with was :whew:

Broner is just :snoop:. Dude had the talent and skill to beat Maidana, but he ended up losing that fight in the gym. This nikka seemed a notch slower on the trigger and reflexes. Every time he let his hands go he was doing damage, but he wasn't in good enough shape to take advantage of the times when Marcos was tired or hurt. He only has himself to blame. No trainer can fix his situation. He has to want to reach his potential. Not us or anybody else. He better go the Abner Mares route and try to get a rematch as soon as possible and sort out this mess.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Right.

Plus his punching power is there at 147, but it isn't elite power like say at 135. He will continue to get hurt more and hurt his opponents less while fighting at 147. His style of walking down power punchers is counterproductive for him at this weight and Keith Thurman would've ended the fight in the 1st round.

He has to go down in weight and focus on his craft. Leave rapping and that music shyt alone:ufdup: