Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Upset of the year is Gonzalez KO'ing Mares. That was crazy. I don't think I'd call this fight of the year but I'd put it in the top 10. I still think Bradley vs. Provodnikov was the FOTY.

although it looked beforehand that AB was too skilled for the limited Maidana, as the fight got closer I began to worry for AB. still didnt think he would lose, but I remembered how tough Maidana is and that kinda made me think he had a legit shot.

....Gonzalez is an accomplished fighter than AB. I was probably more shocked at the how Mares got KOed than him losing to Gonzalez. plus @SuikodenII tried to told yall nikkas

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
FOY :comeon:

you must aint see Kirkland vs Tapia or a dozen other fights this year that were better than that.

it was a good fight. but thats it. :beli:

upset of the year? :manny:
Some of ya'll think that belongs to Jhonny GAWDzalez but to me and @InvictusAeternusEternus it was expected.....

...but Chris John being TKO'd by a South African right after Mandela's passing was RESPECTED :damn: :banderas: :wow:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Hold up, I think we're all forgetting Spadafora caught his first L this year. Obviously, upset of the year is no contest.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
FOY :comeon:

you must aint see Kirkland vs Tapia or a dozen other fights this year that were better than that.

it was a good fight. but thats it. :beli:

upset of the year? :manny:

Upset of the year is Gonzalez KO'ing Mares. That was crazy. I don't think I'd call this fight of the year but I'd put it in the top 10. I still think Bradley vs. Provodnikov was the FOTY.

Yes. FOTY.

Kirkland-Tapia was definately as contender as was Bradley-Provodnikov, but when you think of all the dynamics surrounding these 3 fights, none had a better story line than Broner-Maidaina. First off, Bradley and Kirkland were favored to win their respective fights- Maidaina wasnt. Secondly, Broner is a bigger attraction that Bradley and Kirkland; more hype, higher ratings, etc. No other fight will be talked about as much as Broner- Maidaina will be. The impact of this fight and its outcome will reverberate throughout boxing for much time to come. Yes, the other 2 fights were more competitive. Honestly, I cant even be mad about you disagreeing with me. Those other 2 fights were phenomenal. I'm just saying taking into account ALL aspects, Broner-Maidaina is fight of the year.

SuikodenII

Daps
@Newzz

Changing trainers is not gonna help especially when "The Problem" IS the problem. The way he disrespected his corner had me turning my favor towards Maidana, Broner earned that ass whooping. And what trainer is gonna want to put up with his nonsense? Mayweathers' ain't got no time for that :dahell:

Also, Maidana has already said he felt Broner's power and said he can punch and was stunned a couple times so he had to be more cautious, so his power does indeed carry up, but naturally his punches won't have the same effect on 147 fighters like it would on 130 and 135lb fighters. With that said, skill pays the bills...not size and strength, Ber-, I mean Broner needs a style change, ASAP or he'll end up like ol' boy....

Broner's problem comes with the fact that he's too damn top heavy. Just like Berto, he's too top heavy to pull off that style effectively. I'm not saying anyone other than Floyd Jr. has perfected it, but if you look at someone like Argenis Mendez he's much better at it because it suits his body style and temperament as a fighter a LOT more. Broner wants to get his shots off and think about defense later, and it was bound to catch up with him sooner or later.

SuikodenII

Daps

#6 ranked Welterweight Adrien Broner vs. #9 ranked Welterweight Marcos Maidana

Maidana under Robert Garcia is a FORCE and I'd love to see him either replace khAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAn for May or take on Thurman next. Broner needs to man up and accept that he's the reason he lost, nothing else.

Now, for a Boxnation link...

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HjSE05u.gif
and this nikka had the nerve to ask if he could get a "Money Phone"?

RczzsNV.gif
damn!!!

aTaExOx.gif
wow....

6rJTjU2.gif
pfewwww

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps

#6 ranked Welterweight Adrien Broner vs. #9 ranked Welterweight Marcos Maidana

Maidana under Robert Garcia is a FORCE and I'd love to see him either replace khAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAn for May or take on Thurman next. Broner needs to man up and accept that he's the reason he lost, nothing else.

Now, for a Boxnation link...

Props for this bro. It was a sensational fight. A HD link would be killer right now tho...

SuikodenII

Daps

#2 ranked Super Bantamweight Leo Santa Cruz vs. Cesar Seda

See, and Mijares KO'd some bum in Mexico, they could've EASILY had him face LSC and have another fight that makes LSC look like a fukking monster. Instead they put him in against a outside boxer who moves and moves and moves........what a WASTE of an opportunity. :snoop: