Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Broner has to take this loss, re-group, and let his talents do the talking for him from now on. This loss is almost like Zab Judah losing to Kostya Tszyu........except Tszyu is a legendary fighter:bryan:

He didn't get KO'd. The best thing that happened was he got his ass up and kept trying. He was done after the 1st KD. Body didn't receover
but he fought til the end when he probably should've had the fight stopped. rds 9-12 he fought better esp the last rd

When fighters get dusted off like he did, that's bad training on his and his trainers part

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Wondering if this is going to destroy my man AB or he'll be able to recover ever

this is what i've been most curious about.. how broner would take a loss, and in particular, i wanted to hear a post fight interview to see how he would handle it.

watching him get pelted like that though, no one deserves to end a night on such a low note.:merchant:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Broner has to take this loss, re-group, and let his talents do the talking for him from now on. This loss is almost like Zab Judah losing to Kostya Tszyu........except Tszyu is a legendary fighter:bryan:

its sooooooo not like that fight. Judah was in control of that fight, something AB never really was. then he didnt get a proper count. AB got Cole's benefit of the doubt SEVERAL times last night. the only real thing similar is....their post-fight reactions were bad looks. Zab had the talent to still beat everyone at 140 at the time and Tszyu wouldnt give him a rematch. Zab moved up in weight and won titles in a division that had more stars and money. AB will have to leave the that same division (stars, money) behind and his options are limited. Swift dont want him now...he's damaged goods. He needs to get back in the pocket with a LEGITIMATE win.

the one thing he could get the chance to do that Zab couldnt, is get an immediate rematch and whip Maidana's ass. thats the only way I see him salvaging his career and getting back to the point he was at before he lost.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is what i've been most curious about.. how broner would take a loss, and in particular, i wanted to hear a post fight interview to see how he would handle it.

watching him get pelted like that though, no one deserves to end a night on such a low note.:merchant:

to me, the ONLY move Broner should make is an immediate rematch. P.R. wise....he'd better not let Maidana be someone else's lunch unless its Floyd.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
its sooooooo not like that fight. Judah was in control of that fight, something AB never really was. then he didnt get a proper count. AB got Cole's benefit of the doubt SEVERAL times last night. the only real thing similar is....their post-fight reactions were bad looks. Zab had the talent to still beat everyone at 140 at the time and Tszyu wouldnt give him a rematch. Zab moved up in weight and won titles in a division that had more stars and money. AB will have to leave the that same division (stars, money) behind and his options are limited. Swift dont want him now...he's damaged goods. He needs to get back in the pocket with a LEGITIMATE win.

the one thing he could get the chance to do that Zab couldnt, is get an immediate rematch and whip Maidana's ass. thats the only way I see him salvaging his career and getting back to the point he was at before he lost.

I dont mean the fight. I meant the loss itself.

It was Zab's 1st loss and was a huge deal, just like this is for AB now....maybe even bigger being social media is now here to add on to the hype. He has to get his mind together and come back focused on regaining his spot like Zab did.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Well

Lamont has the IBF. Peterson has fought guys better than AB & I believe he would beat him comfortably.
Ruslan has the WBO. Ruslan has a relationship with TR right now, so this fight wouldn't happen. However Ruslan would probably ko him
Garcia has the rest of the belts.

forget the title holders, could AB even beat guys like Matthysee, Alvarado, Rios, etc

It's not an easy path for him at 140 either where he can just scoop up some belts

Swift is moving up to 147 either his next fight or the one after that

That leaves the WBC N WBA belts vacated...there is NO reason to believe AB can't be a champ at 140

Lamont Peterson breh really??:russ:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Swift is moving up to 147 either his next fight or the one after that

That leaves the WBC N WBA belts vacated...there is NO reason to believe AB can't be a champ at 140

Lamont Peterson breh really??:russ:

don't even try to front like Lamont ain't nice. He got knocked out by Lucas but shiit happens

Name some fighters that AB beat that are better than Lamont

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
don't even try to front like Lamont ain't nice. He got knocked out by Lucas but shiit happens

Name some fighters that AB beat that are better than Lamont

Got a gift draw vs Ortiz

Whooped N dropped by pillow fist Bradley

Needed PEDs N Home cooking refs to rob Khan

Destroyed by Lucas

Not a fan of dude at all....him N AB are close so they prolly never fight...but if they do Broner would UD him possibly stop him

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got a gift draw vs Ortiz

Whooped N dropped by pillow fist Bradley

Needed PEDs N Home cooking refs to rob Khan

Destroyed by Lucas

Not a fan of dude at all....him N AB are close so they prolly never fight...but if they do Broner would UD him possibly stop him

Lamont's a solid fighter. He just never had that dominant win against a top tier guy. I doubt Broner could beat any of those guys either.

I think Broner is a talented, entertaining fighter, but nothing more.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with Broner was his footwork. He was just too flat footed for most of the fight. He couldnt move very well for an extended period and it showed.

This fight was just like the AnthonyPeterson/Brandon Rios fight. Where Peterson had some success boxing him early on but just couldnt keep away from the plodding power puncher in Rios

it was just like that fight because Peterson couldnt hurt Rios either. the only difference I think though was Rios looked much bigger than Rios...where Maidana isnt bigger than Broner. Broner actually has WW size. real broad back and shoulders. he has good upper body size. he fights in an amateur style though. his hooks slap. and like Beibut before him tonight and Devon Alexander, they make that stupid noise before their punch. like someone said once...making that noise allows the opponent to figure out your rhythm easy. Broner dont have the power right now at higher weights and its gonna be hard to take a good punch. Maidana is crude. Matthysee wouldve KOed Broner. Dont even think about Thurman. we are talking big strong guys. Bradley would maul him to death. ABs hands dont move enough and his feet move even less for him to be up there fukkin with WWs

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lamont's a solid fighter. He just never had that dominant win against a top tier guy. I doubt Broner could beat any of those guys either.

I think Broner is a talented, entertaining fighter, but nothing more.

Peterson has some of the same problems as AB though. He goes into a shell when being attacked and waits til the onslaught is over to get his chit off. Fighters than cant integrate their defense into their offense end up taking a lot of beatings before its said and done. AB good offense and good defense...but he has to be focused on doing one at a time. It should be evident that he doesnt fight like Floyd at all. Not great at countering and dont move his feet for chit.