Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Wondering if this is going to destroy my man AB or he'll be able to recover ever

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
npfDahG.jpg

Marcos rounds were clear and decisive to score while Adrian's where much tighter and could have gone either way. So if you had a wide margin for Maidana I wouldn't really argue it.

The 8th round was a clusterfukk to score, you take away the KD and the PD and AB was winning but I still scored it 9--8 to Maidana

The officiating was one of the poorest jobs I've ever seen! Just an atrocious, ugly ass fight someone like a Joe Cortez would have changed the entire complexion of the fight

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
The problem with Broner was his footwork. He was just too flat footed for most of the fight. He couldnt move very well for an extended period and it showed.

This fight was just like the AnthonyPeterson/Brandon Rios fight. Where Peterson had some success boxing him early on but just couldnt keep away from the plodding power puncher in Rios

He lost alotta his legs after that first KD

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Garcia beats Chino by UD :to:

Broner gets destroyed by Lucas :blessed:
What I'm thinking. Danny looked great vs Lucas and I think he proved he can go to war with Maidana and hold up, plus probably get the better of it. And his boxing skills are better.
And Lucas would destroy Broner in the same fashion Maidana did as well. Broner looks to be more suited to fight the boxing first guys at 140 and 147. The guys that want to physically dominate, he will have serious trouble with.

I was also kinda impressed with Broner's chin though. He went down for sure, but he took huge punches. He rebounded and recovered pretty well. He doesn't have an all world chin, but I don't think this fight warrants the glass chin reputation. He fought one of the biggest lb for lb punchers in boxing and didn't get KO'd...the difference in the fight wasn't Broner's chin, it was that Broner had no idea how to be offensively effective and his defense was garbage.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HjSE05u.gif
he dont listen....just like I told him dont be eatin them strippers out

wait...eatin strippers....
6rJTjU2.gif

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

B-Hop speaking some real shyt

That's the truth right there. In a close fight you can get away with walking out, cause you pissed...unless you are Marquez or Cotto, because they always pull that shyt. :lolbron:
But if you catch a beating, doing that shows a lot about your character. Many a fighter or athlete has gained respect by being a man about it and then when you come back, people give you more respect than they had given you before.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Truth be told, Broner is still a good fighter. He showed heart in that fight. he can still get big fights. The problem now is how he bounces back. Especially if his jaw is broken like I'm hearing. Not only is he going to have to face all the criticism and backlash for his behaviors but being beat, hurt, knocked down, AND a broken jaw.

truth be told....he has accomplished and cashed out more than what he probably ever thought he would. he got to a good level. he is a fish outta water past 135. being at WW aint no joke. guys from Meldrick to Zab have found that out. and they fought BIG WWs. picture AB against a guy like Porter who came down in weight. its not good to try and fool the public, this time shyt backfired. he beat Paulie, cool. but he shouldve went back to 135 for a min. actually, that looks like were he will be headed soon anyway.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I don't take pleasure in anyone's downfall, especially if you're getting clowned like that..

if he refocuses though he'll be back and it'll take him a bit longer but he'll get there eventually