Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
Broner only looked effective when Maidana was tired. He was overwhelmed whenever Maidana bum rushed him & threw punches. A rematch would look the same.

Again experience is important. Maidana has had the tough fights. Broner hasn't had those fights to prepare him for a guy like Maidana, who may be crude, but he's good at what he does.

That was half the fight just about. The times when Adrian actual used his boxing he looked like a completely different fighter than when he tried to get physical and rough house with Marcos. He should have been using his jab and lateral movement more, I think he wasnt ready for the power and by the time he felt it it was already to late add to that his arrogance and he was eating shots he should never have eaten. His hands are faster as are his feet. The only way he should have lost the match is by doing exactly what he did. His corner sucked as well.

I thought the fight was extremely close for a fight that involved 2 kd's to 0

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Maidana doesnt deserve to be in the ring with Floyd, nor is he worthy. just because he took a meaningless belt from AB dont mean chit! this is the same guy that went life and death with Josesito. the same guy that couldnt beat Alexander or Khan. he's the same guy that struggled with a damn near 40 y/o Erik Morales. didnt he lose to Kotelnik?

biggest fights prior to this was a win over a guy who quit, a win over a washed up legend, a win over a guy that lost to Mike Jones (not the rapper) twice.

were done here:weredone:
You don't sell a Mayweather fight to the boxing fans, you sell it to the general public. You sell them a story to make them wanna pay that hard earned cash on a fight they should already know the outcome to by now regardless of the opponent. All they'll know is Maidana is a champion that just beat up Money's little brother and sidelined him with a 1 in the loss category and a broken jaw.....now big brother coming to see Maidana after school in the playground :ooh:

That story outsells any other potential Mayweather fight excluding :deadmanny: for May, come on now brehbrowski

Also, Maidana just recently picked up Robert Garcia after the Devon Alexander fight, just like Provodnikov and Golovkin were shown their full potential with better trainers, Maidana has been improving, you can't deny that. Life and death with Josesito :comeon:

Soto Karass had only been stopped once prior to Maidana and that was at 154 against hard hitting Rosado. Maidana and now Thurman broke that tough sum bytch down at 147, and I hope they do fight next with the winner facing Mayweather in September. But I'd rather see Maidana-Mayweather in May than Mayweather-Khan in May.

As far as May goes, I'm hoping Khan is a red herring and the real opponent is Danny Garcia :banderas:

Lord I would be :ohhh: for Mayweather-Garcia "The Holy War"

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

About Brotherhood :wow:

*coming from a fighter who never lost*

HjSE05u.gif
you aint gonna believe this but this nikka just lost to........
6rJTjU2.gif

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Mayweather gotta opponent for May :blessed:

I'm just glad the decision won't About Bullshyt, looks like Maidana is About Breaking jaws and AB was almost About Bedtime :shaq:

This is why I'm forever, About Boxing :obama:

:salute: to Almost Berto for standing strong all 12 rounds
:whew:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don't sell a Mayweather fight to the boxing fans, you sell it to the general public. You sell them a story to make them wanna pay that hard earned cash on a fight they should already know the outcome to by now regardless of the opponent. All they'll know is Maidana is a champion that just beat up Money's little brother and sidelined him with a 1 in the loss category and a broken jaw.....now big brother coming to see Maidana after school in the playground :ooh:

That story outsells any other potential Mayweather fight excluding :deadmanny: for May, come on now brehbrowski

Also, Maidana just recently picked up Robert Garcia after the Devon Alexander fight, just like Provodnikov and Golovkin were shown their full potential with better trainers, Maidana has been improving, you can't deny that. Life and death with Josesito :comeon:

Soto Karass had only been stopped once prior to Maidana and that was at 154 against hard hitting Rosado. Maidana and now Thurman broke that tough sum bytch down at 147, and I hope they do fight next with the winner facing Mayweather in September. But I'd rather see Maidana-Mayweather in May than Mayweather-Khan in May.

As far as May goes, I'm hoping Khan is a red herring and the real opponent is Danny Garcia :banderas:

Lord I would be :ohhh: for Mayweather-Garcia "The Holy War"

I agree with you wholeheartedly. just saying he aint deserving or worthy. his storyline to sell a fight with Mayweather is better than anyone else has now....especially since Spady just lost.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Truth be told, Broner is still a good fighter. He showed heart in that fight. he can still get big fights. The problem now is how he bounces back. Especially if his jaw is broken like I'm hearing. Not only is he going to have to face all the criticism and backlash for his behaviors but being beat, hurt, knocked down, AND a broken jaw.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Floyd would eat Chino alive :scusthov:

I wanna see Maidana vs Matthysse at the Luna Park in Argentina but it's never going to happen :to:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
idk, Ward is like 30 and Riggo is over 30

Golovkin, Kovalev, Crawford, and Mikey havent taken that step up in competition. Those 4 I mentioned were all stepping up in competition. Even then, Danny Garcia is the only one that brehs thought would lose out of those 4 and he still standing.

Crawford going against Burns, so that will be a great test for him.
how you lump Mikey into that group whatsoever?