Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tfI7VOM.gif
Berto already told him, we treat a nikka right

HjSE05u.gif
word.

tfI7VOM.gif
oh yeah, Khan is out. Maidana is in.

HjSE05u.gif
cool. hey, huldup...got a call comin in....

6rJTjU2.gif
you guys....

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Everyone is buzzing about what Brian Kenny said in the post fight......what did he say? :lupe:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
luna park is way too small breh.. that fight is built for the monumental, or the colon stadium for maidana

Oh yeah, but the atmosphere would be something else :ohlawd:

Monumental might be too big unless they can sell real hatred between them and "divide" the country (argentinians love that kind of shyt) but idk, I don't see Lucas or Chino willing to play that game and go full fukkery on each other.

Too bad they are not from Rosario. A Central vs Newell's rivalry at Gigante de Arrollito would end up in a riot :pachaha:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Great night of fights!!!

My quick thoughts:
Leo Santa Cruz - one of the more exciting guys to watch. I would love to watch him fight Rigo. Rigo is light years ahead of Leo in boxing skills, but at this point one way to put pressure on Rigo is to outwork him, and even if Rigo is landing clean punches, because his activity level is so low - a potential weakness in his style is just to compile numbers. Too bad under the current promotional climate this can't happen. I think Leo has too much pride to not do shyt like Agbeko did. That's why this interests me.

Thurman - I've been loving this dude for awhile. I have been open in saying he definitely needs work on his boxing skills and defense, but he is reasonably competent and tries hard in both. I definitely don't see him as a top tier 147 yet, but he is exciting, loves to fight, and brings it every time. That punch he took from Karass was a beast and he handled it well. Props to Karass, dude has an amazing chin, and fought with a lot of heart. What I also like about Thurman is that he makes 147 easy, but he is one of the physically most strong WW out there. Physically he kinda reminds me of James Kirkland in that height or reach wise he will never look like the biggest fighter in his division, but his natural physique looks imposing. A Thurman-Maidana fight would be amazing!

Maidana - Broner: I started out a Broner fan, but his antics have worn me out, and I have been waiting for Broner to be humbled on the d/l. From the get go, Broner looked out of shape to me. Physically his body looked strong, but his face hadn't recovered from being About Biscuits and he looked slow...it looked liked having to lose all that weight in a short time took its toll, his speed was gone. One of the things I was wondering About Broner was how he would handle a fighter who bullied him, since he likes to play the bully...he didn't respond well at all. Maidana physically Abused Broner. I thought Broner got his ass kicked pretty much the whole fight...the rounds Broner may have won were close and in this case I gave most of them to Maidana because he landed much harder shots. Probably had it like 9-3 Maidana, plus a bonus point for the first KD. Broner's offense is disappointingly very limited...he has no idea how to increase his work rate, which is going to create major problems for him as lets be real there are a lot of fighters who can make it a difficult night for Broner if he can't be more active. Broner showed heart in making it through the fight...but his dirty antics in the ring have been bothering me, and Maidana giving him the fukkering from behind was my GOAT moment of the year, along with GGG saying "he good boy". LOL. Maidana puts the crown on and proclaimed About Beatings.
A Maidana - Thurman fight would be amazing. However, if Floyd is looking for an opponent, Maidana isn't a greatly qualified number 1 contender...but he is far more qualified than Khan.

Last edited:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
That was half the fight just about. The times when Adrian actual used his boxing he looked like a completely different fighter than when he tried to get physical and rough house with Marcos. He should have been using his jab and lateral movement more, I think he wasnt ready for the power and by the time he felt it it was already to late add to that his arrogance and he was eating shots he should never have eaten. His hands are faster as are his feet. The only way he should have lost the match is by doing exactly what he did. His corner sucked as well.

I thought the fight was extremely close for a fight that involved 2 kd's to 0
The problem with Broner was his footwork. He was just too flat footed for most of the fight. He couldnt move very well for an extended period and it showed.

This fight was just like the AnthonyPeterson/Brandon Rios fight. Where Peterson had some success boxing him early on but just couldnt keep away from the plodding power puncher in Rios