Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I remember he had one of his fights canceled because he "cut his hand" that's alcoholic for he got mad at his girl and punched through a window. Never change Kelly, never change.

dawg, he been through rehab before too. He better take care of his liver

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Bradley didnt KO Peterson, lol. :wtf:

Peterson was in the pocket and did some hellacious body punching. the problem with Peterson is, he fights dumb. while he delivered his body shots he ate a lot to the head because he was in close. Bradley was in great shape....took the body shots and came away with the victory. Props for that...but the body punching Peterson was doing was not something an average fighter could overcome...thats why I said he out-willed Peterson. Same thing with ****. He took the KDs but never became passive. I am not a huge Bradley fan. He is probably the least skilled P4P guy out there. He has heart, stamina, versatility and IQ. That makes up for what he lacks in power, speed, and boxing ability.
I was wrong about the KO i'm aware. Going to try and watch this fight tonight because you say he out willed him, but he won a wide UD. I don't understand why most of The Ring doesn't like Bradley but :ehh: I think he's a pretty entertaining boxer and he's got some serious skills.

twothousandnow

boxing nerd
Daps
Reppin
NJ via Miami
HBO, Showtime Split Ratings Audience on December 7th
For boxing junkies who can’t watch the sport enough, the weekend’s action between December 6–7 proved to be an overload.

From a ratings perspective, it also proved that perhaps there is such a thing as too much boxing.

HBO and Showtime both provided loaded shows over the weekend, splitting the boxing audience nearly in half with conflicting telecasts. HBO’s live televised tripleheader from Atlantic City won the head-to-head battle, with an average of 518,000 viewers over the course of the telecast edging out Showtime’s quadrupleheader from Brooklyn, which managed an average of 489,000 viewers throughout its near four-hour telecast.
[Click Here To Read More]

no wonder HBO execs wanted to vomit.lol at lowest ever viewership in HBO history

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Porter has to defend his title, or else face his mandatory Kell Brook by June, Bums getting at the Bums I aint mad, 147 needs to clean up their mess
Somebody needs to put Kell Brook down dunno if it'll be Porter but someone needs to.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
murray said the offer was a joke. moneywise the problem is that murray cant get a visa for the US so he cant get that hbo money to fight GGG.

monaco fight isnt on any major network
I didn't realize Murray couldn't get a Visa for the US. They certainly could do a European fight, GGG seems like he would be open to it. The Monaco fight didn't get any HBO money backing, so he obviously had to get a budget opponent (and looks like about the best he could do), but his April 16 date with HBO they need to step up and finance a card with him...right now it is pretty obvious that no one wants to fight him unless they get a great purse.

And they are saying he showed up to camp at 170 lbs. :wow:
No wonder he looks like 160 isn't a problem.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Maybe but a Cotto or Chavez still moves half a mill after ass whippings n all. You have a fair point though:manny:

But I see it like this, a Rios Alvarado 3 on ppv in the US probably moves those same number as the China event, and thats off the strength of Rios, maybe they didnt know Rios in China......IDK still :mindblown: off the numbers truthfully, I thought the fight was a good enough scrap to break to get up their

How many ppvs have cotto and jcc jr been in? Lets not count cotto v floyd and pac. . . . Wasnt cottos last fight on free tv?

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
live gate revenue, sponsorships etc make up the rest

They sold less than 9k of 12k seats from what I heard and we dont know what type of percentage of the gate they keep and sponsorships count for something but I doubt it was anything close to enough to offset costs

Manny's supposed to get 18 mill, rios 4 mill and Zou got 500k , I have no idea what TR gets but they have people outside Arum to pay

if you count the 3 purses that's 22.5 mill plus payroll and expenses
TR would have saw 15.75 mill that's a minimum 7 mill short

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
They sold less than 9k of 12k seats from what I heard and we dont know what type of percentage of the gate they keep and sponsorships count for something but I doubt it was anything close to enough to offset costs

Manny's supposed to get 18 mill, rios 4 mill and Zou got 500k , I have no idea what TR gets but they have people outside Arum to pay

if you count the 3 purses that's 22.5 mill plus payroll and expenses
TR would have saw 15.75 mill that's a minimum 7 mill short
looks like TR took a hit here then :bryan:

I wouldve thought they pulled in something like 6-7mill at the gate, plus maybe a fee paid to TR from the venetian to secure hosting the fight, theres international tv rights (on top of ppv) which adds up to a few $mil . Tbh i figured the $18m for manny was likely to be a lot less in reality.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
damn manny :snoop:... i hate when boxers lose their money.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/nicholas-walters-simpiwe-vetyeka-ordered-by-wba--72646

By Hilmar Rojas

The World Championships Committee of the World Boxing Association has decided to order the negotiations for the mandatory fight between featherweight super champion, Simpiwe Vetyeka (26-2, 16KOs) and the regular champion Nicholas Walters (23-0, 19KOs).

Both parties were notified and they were given 120 days to fight, that is to say, before April 5, 2014.

Vetyeka, who also has the IBO belt, won the WAB 'regular' belt last Friday December 6, 2013 when he scored a shocking sixth round TKO over Indonesian superstar Chris John. For his part, Walters has held the regular championship belt since December 2012, and has already defended it once.

Well, there goes Donaire-Walters........

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/16-year-old-boxer-coma-amateur-fight--72635

by Ronnie Nathanielsz

A 16 year old high school student from Bulacan is in a coma and reportedly “brain dead” after being rushed to the provincial hospital in Iba, Zambales when he complained of dizziness at the end of the second round of a preliminary bout at the Central Luzon Regional Athletic Association competition last Monday.

Nica Tomines of ABS-CBN News identified the young boxer as Jonas Joshua Garcia and reported that Garcia told Floriano Sto. Tomas, technical official of the Bulacan provincial team that he felt dizzy at the end of the second round.

ABS-CBN News reported that doctors declared Garcia “brain dead” on Wednesday while the boy’s grandfather Rolando Garcia said “I should have not allowed him to fight” while his twin brother Raven who is also into boxing was reportedly in shock.

An evaluation by the Region III office of the Department of Education in the Philippines maintained there was no negligence on the part of the technical officials in the fight.

However, all boxing fights were suspended according to the Chief Sports Officer of the Regional Athletic Association Guillermo Bugnot.

Education assistant secretary Tonisito Umali told ANC they will look into whether there was negligence in the case of Garcia.

Umali said - “The concept of liability will always be there if there's negligence. So if there's no negligence in this fortuitous event, I don't want to sound justifying this, although in all sports there is an inherent risk even in basketball when a player is tripped and his head hits the court and in baseball when a player is struck by the ball.”

Umali added - "But if there's negligence, like if the protective gears are not worn and they were allowed by our referees, or the rules were not followed, then people may be held liable."

He also noted that since Garcia was a minor he was required to have parental consent before joining the boxing competition.

While noting how really sad it was Umali indicated - “we have to look into this, you know we have to really study how to improve our safeguards."

At the same ABS-CBN News reported that the Department of Education is focusing on providing assistance to Garcia and his family while the local governments of Bulacan and Zambales have also extended financial assistance.
:to:

Daps
full podcast from last night with Julian Ramirez, a 30 minute Kendall **** interview, Hank Lundy and Karim Mayfield talk trash to each other and more