Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Was there any reason why Golovkin vs Murray wasn't made for February? It went from both guys were available to Murray saying "I'm ON the card, but not fighting Golovkin yet". :childplease: And I can't see Golovkin's people like :whoa: "Anyone but Murray"
Murray or not GGG should have still fought a live body, I'll save my criticism for the future though he truly doesnt desevre quite yet

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:ohhh: everything Floyd said would happen came to light

this was about 4 years ago:wow:

If manny was smart he woulda caught on:bryan:

Floyd%20and%20bobx-large.jpg

Floyd and Arum would have you think they are shooting it out when they see eachother but is buddy buddy in the midst of the Manny saga:smugfavre:
pic doesn't much mean considering what was said before and after the pic
Jamie probably just asked for a pic with both of em

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Was there any reason why Golovkin vs Murray wasn't made for February? It went from both guys were available to Murray saying "I'm ON the card, but not fighting Golovkin yet". :childplease: And I can't see Golovkin's people like :whoa: "Anyone but Murray"

murray said the offer was a joke. moneywise the problem is that murray cant get a visa for the US so he cant get that hbo money to fight GGG.

monaco fight isnt on any major network

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
it makes no sense to you because you obviously think Bob and TR are looking out for Manny's best interest. :heh:
TR is trying to get the most return while putting out the least. fight wouldnt have done no 1.2 mil but 750 plus was attainable. if Bob wouldve promoted the shyt and put on a good undercard like GBP did with THE ONE. Floyd winning. GBP winning. Its because Bob has become a dinosaur in this chit...and cant outhink or gorilla pimp anymore.

Funny how Golden Boy claims they only take home $10 million from an event with "THE ONE"

Pacquiao is Top Rank cash cow bread and butter its completely ludicrous to think they're not looking out for his best interest. .

This last fight was never supposed to be a high selling fight..thats why it wouldve been a waste to have it in the states... nikkas in here really trying to compare this to a Mayweather event where they go on these huge nation wide press conference tours... have to gather all these fighters with big draws.. have to pay Floyds opponents $8 to $10 million.. Floyd has to get his $41 million guaranteed too.. The pressure was not that high for the Pacuiao/Rios event... Top Rank didn't have to worry about a huge promotional tour... the fight was promoted but not even on a medium scale... this shyt was more like a coming out party for Pac (pause) where hes coming from "technically" 2 losses still headlining a ppv where he gets $18 million which is a cut from his last purse :yeshrug: but that's the most money I've ever seen anyone make coming off 2 losses

Rest assure Pac next fight most likely will be against Bradley and im sueevthey will be going all out for this one..

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny how Golden Boy claims they only take home $10 million from an event with "THE ONE"

Pacquiao is Top Rank cash cow bread and butter its completely ludicrous to think they're not looking out for his best interest. .

This last fight was never supposed to be a high selling fight..thats why it wouldve been a waste to have it in the states... nikkas in here really trying to compare this to a Mayweather event where they go on these huge nation wide press conference tours... have to gather all these fighters with big draws.. have to pay Floyds opponents $8 to $10 million.. Floyd has to get his $41 million guaranteed too.. The pressure was not that high for the Pacuiao/Rios event... Top Rank didn't have to worry about a huge promotional tour... the fight was promoted but not even on a medium scale... this shyt was more like a coming out party for Pac (pause) where hes coming from "technically" 2 losses still headlining a ppv where he gets $18 million which is a cut from his last purse :yeshrug: but that's the most money I've ever seen anyone make coming off 2 losses

Rest assure Pac next fight most likely will be against Bradley and im sueevthey will be going all out for this one..

rephrase: best PERSONAL interest. they are pimping him.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
Maybe but a Cotto or Chavez still moves half a mill after ass whippings n all. You have a fair point though:manny:

But I see it like this, a Rios Alvarado 3 on ppv in the US probably moves those same number as the China event, and thats off the strength of Rios, maybe they didnt know Rios in China......IDK still :mindblown: off the numbers truthfully, I thought the fight was a good enough scrap to break to get up their

:yeshrug: Latinos buy fights breh !
Have Rios or Alvarado even headlined a ppv before? shyt look at Bradley vs Marquez both bigger names than rios but they still sold under 400k! I don't think the ppv being in China really hurt them at all I think the fight did what it was gonna do!

Rios a virtual no name fighter + Manny - his mystic = low ppv buys

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

not comparing it to The One as far as an event...just saying that Sho took a loss in that first Mayweather fight and wanted to do some numbers on the second.

but now you are telling me their target goal was less than 500k for Pac vs Rios? :comeon:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
not comparing it to The One as far as an event...just saying that Sho took a loss in that first Mayweather fight and wanted to do some numbers on the second.

but now you are telling me their target goal was less than 500k for Pac vs Rios? :comeon:

Its not the same.... Showtime took a loss because they have to pay Floydie $41 million a fight under contract.. Showtime agreed to take all that risk...

What risk did Top Rank make?? They barely spent money on promotion paid Pac his $18 million and the rest of the people on the card scraps

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Its not the same.... Showtime took a loss because they have to pay Floydie $41 million a fight under contract.. Showtime agreed to take all that risk...

What risk did Top Rank make?? They barely spent money on promotion paid Pac his $18 million and the rest of the people on the card scraps
A loss or a Invesment do you not understand how investments work, they may have lost money but made that back hand over fist with the Canelo match....

Lets not make this about Floyd when Manny is having ppv flops, and owes 68 million and taxes:umad:

So what if he made 18 million allegedy, can he spend that with his funds frozen, no, stop deflecting.....

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

bruh, thats my whole point. so see, you just agreed with me...but now what you backtrack. I said that TR's main objective was to make the most while spending the least! the PPV was a success for everyone because of what they put into it but thats not to say it could not have been better. its like the drug game. Arum pullin street hustles to keep soldiers loyal.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bruh, thats my whole point. so see, you just agreed with me...but now what you backtrack. I said that TR's main objective was to make the most while spending the least! the PPV was a success for everyone because of what they put into it but thats not to say it could not have been better. its like the drug game. Arum pullin street hustles to keep soldiers loyal.

I hear what you saying. .. all I'm saying is its not as deep as yall trying to make it..the Pac/Rios card wasn't worth the risk having the fight in the states, spending all that money on big promotion and stacking a fight card having to shell out even more bread to pay those fighters with big draws in Vegas.. hoping the fight does 1.2 million buys as @Skip b stated...they had that fight in China for Pacquiao to make more than what he would've made had that same fight been in the states

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
There is some funny math going on here

Lets round up and say the fight did 500k at 70 a pop that comes out to 35 mill, 10 % to cable distributors, 45% to the promoter and 45% to the system provider that equals out to

3.5 for cable distribution

15,750,00 for the system provider

15,750,000 to the promoter

How can TR have paid Manny 18 million?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
There is some funny math going on here

Lets round up and say the fight did 500k at 70 a pop that comes out to 35 mill, 10 % to cable distributors, 45% to the promoter and 45% to the system provider that equals out to

3.5 for cable distribution

15,750,00 for the system provider

15,750,000 to the promoter

How can TR have paid Manny 18 million?

Link us to where 45% goes to the promoter :smugfavre: