Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I disagree. It had the elements of being marketable. When nikkas started talmbout $5 ppvs, U.S. nikkas was like :rudy: I order all good ppv's. this one I didnt think twice about. I was like
qNwBENT.png
This......

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn 2m

The 550k viewers drawn by Rigo-Agbeko is among the lowest viewerships in HBO's Boxing After Dark history. #boxing

:yeshrug:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Black Jesus

bruh....aint no defendin this chit. Manny been fukked. its a shame too because he is such a good guy. Roach has been privy to all this too but he really couldnt do nothing about it. once they reneged on the GBP deal, that was pretty much the end of it. Manny been TR biggest star in the past few years. they milked him for all he was worth then some. now the IRS wants theirs. simple as that.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
exactly, except I dont know if Floyd went to WBC, because Manny so desperate right now, he just may take the fight.
Floyd is the WBC poster boy, the "green Belt is his baby, and they made a solid Gold belt for him, this is all Floyd

Manny tax issues may have ruined a chance for the fight to made without Arum though. Arum definitely feared Manny would walk away, leaving him out of that Mayweather money. Truthfully I wouldnt be surprised if Arum tipped both IRS off........

Whether Mayweather or Arum doing, shyt maybe even both collectively on some diabolical shyt, Manny doesnt have control over shyt thats going on in his life........

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd is the WBC poster boy, the "green Belt is his baby, and they made a solid Gold belt for him, this is all Floyd

Manny tax issues may have ruined a chance for the fight to made without Arum though. Arum definitely feared Manny would walk away, leaving him out of that Mayweather money. Truthfully I wouldnt be surprised if Arum tipped both IRS off........

Whether Mayweather or Arum doing, shyt maybe even both collectively on some diabolical shyt, Manny doesnt have control over shyt thats going on in his life........

you may be right....but the evidence is there to support both claims. we know Arum done passed the brown paper bag under the table before.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps

That's definitely one thing about him I've said from the very beginning. Even with Floyd, he's got his people that most athletes, stars in general have, but you KNOW who runs his ship. With Pacquiao, it's almost like he's the figurehead of a Human commodity that like 5 or 6 people are trying to control in every manner.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
you may be right....but the evidence is there to support both claims. we know Arum done passed the brown paper bag under the table before.
Floyd%20and%20bobx-large.jpg

Floyd and Arum would have you think they are shooting it out when they see eachother but is buddy buddy in the midst of the Manny saga:smugfavre:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
That's definitely one thing about him I've said from the very beginning. Even with Floyd, he's got his people that most athletes, stars in general have, but you KNOW who runs his ship. With Pacquiao, it's almost like he's the figurehead of a Human commodity that like 5 or 6 people are trying to control in every manner.
And Manny knew he had tax issues, thats why he hired Vision Quest, then fires them on the behest of Arum, then sues them after not paying.....

It's only so long you can pretend to be this saint when you are truly a dirty dog with flees.....

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
Manny is Manny, and Rios is known enough top to at least get to 750,000, but 350,000-450,000 is atrocious

Do you understand Chavez Jr and Cotto sells 500,000 ppvs off the strength of themselves in the US

I disagree. It had the elements of being marketable. When nikkas started talmbout $5 ppvs, U.S. nikkas was like :rudy: I order all good ppv's. this one I didnt think twice about. I was like
qNwBENT.png

Maybe 10 years ago hell 5 years ago this train of though might be true but today in the internet era there is no excuse for the numbers this fight did other than now that almost nobody believes Manny to be Floyd's boogieman the interest in his(being manny) fights have waned.

It didnt help that the card was basura and Manny's opponent is a virtual unknown to the casual boxing fan

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Maybe 10 years ago hell 5 years ago this train of though might be true but today in the internet era there is no excuse for the numbers this fight did other than now that almost nobody believes Manny to be Floyd's boogieman the interest in his(being manny) fights have waned.

It didnt help that the card was basura and Manny's opponent is a virtual unknown to the casual boxing fan
Maybe but a Cotto or Chavez still moves half a mill after ass whippings n all. You have a fair point though:manny:

But I see it like this, a Rios Alvarado 3 on ppv in the US probably moves those same number as the China event, and thats off the strength of Rios, maybe they didnt know Rios in China......IDK still :mindblown: off the numbers truthfully, I thought the fight was a good enough scrap to break to get up their

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps