Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, Agbeko did nothing the entire fight but Rigo was content to just sit back and pretty much spar for 12 rounds. I understand that it's not Rigo's fault if his opponents don't want to engage but clearly he gives no fukks about doing light work and not really pressing very hard for the finish.

Adonis Stevenson had a similar fight in Tavoris Cloud, where Cloud did next to nothing the entire fight and Stevenson was still able to make the fight entertaining and even get the finish.

I understand that Stevenson and Rigo have different styles but if Rigo's opponent doesn't come to play you can essentially watch the first round and you've seen the entire fight.

somehow I look at those two fights totally different. maybe I am wrong for that. but I thought Cloud was trying but he didnt expect Stevenson to box like he did and he was confused. he couldnt reach Stevenson nor cut the ring off. he stalked Stevenson and got lit up. Agbeko knew what Rigo was gonna do because Rigo fights the same way every time. how you think you gonna lay back and be economical with punches and beat Rigo? :what: Cloud took that asswhipping like a man....Agbeko didnt.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
somehow I look at those two fights totally different. maybe I am wrong for that. but I thought Cloud was trying but he didnt expect Stevenson to box like he did and he was confused. he couldnt reach Stevenson nor cut the ring off. he stalked Stevenson and got lit up. Agbeko knew what Rigo was gonna do because Rigo fights the same way every time. how you think you gonna lay back and be economical with punches and beat Rigo? :what: Cloud took that asswhipping like a man....Agbeko didnt.
If you look at the compubox numbers, Agebko and Cloud's output was nearly the same. Cloud landed at a better percentage because Rigo's much better defensively than Adonis but he still never managed double digits landed in any round and this was with Adonis fighting with his hands at his waist begging Cloud to fight him for portions of the fight

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you look at the compubox numbers, Agebko and Cloud's output was nearly the same. Cloud landed at a better percentage because Rigo's much better defensively than Adonis but he still never managed double digits landed in any round and this was with Adonis fighting with his hands at his waist begging Cloud to fight him for portions of the fight

yes, but Agbeko probably threw around a 1/4 of what he usually throws. Agbeko is known for landing around 20-30 shots per round...but thats because he throws so many. I just cant believe that if he had not thrown more that he wouldnt have landed more. both are high activity fighters...but just by you saying the output was nearly the same proves that Cloud was more active. Agbeko went 5 more rounds than Cloud did. just not sure what he came for if he could only land 48 punches in 12 rounds.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agbeko nearly broke Bailey's record against Alexander for fewest punches landed in 12 rounds. Bailey has never been a high activity fighter, just a headhunter. Agbeko just didnt want to get KOed.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:deadmanny: Is now ranked #1 by the WBC

:leostare:
A mandatory will erase the notion which fighter is scared of which, Its about time as long as Manny and Floyd been at it, has either one been a mandatory, just goes to show how they have strung us along, and played stupid to use fans. Like I said Arum had no issues making a Oscar match n Vice Versa

arum-schaefer.070724.300w.jpg

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
and NOW they are trying to get back in the mix for May. betchu they can get him to submit blood day of now. with Arums history....I am sure he paid for that ranking.
Some type of fucckery is involved, either 2 scenarios

A Move by Mayweather and the WBC to pubicly embarrass Manny after he ducks for the 3rd time, or a sly move by Arum to try to get more money in a potential match, with purse bids n such, and also if the latter happens Arum can position it as another Mayweather duck also, if Mayweather walks regarding the split..............

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A mandatory will erase the notion which fighter is scared of which, Its about time as long as Manny and Floyd been at it, has either one been a mandatory, just goes to show how they have strung us along, and played stupid to use fans. Like I said Arum had no issues making a Oscar match n Vice Versa

arum-schaefer.070724.300w.jpg

not sure which angle you are looking at that from. it puts the pressure on Floyd. if Floyd dont want the fight...and he has reasons not to...then he will have to vacate and people will say he is scared of a guy that arguably lost 3 of his last 4 fights. :comeon:

On the other hand. the WBC aint gonna enforce chit.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
not sure which angle you are looking at that from. it puts the pressure on Floyd. if Floyd dont want the fight...and he has reasons not to...then he will have to vacate and people will say he is scared of a guy that arguably lost 3 of his last 4 fights. :comeon:

On the other hand. the WBC aint gonna enforce chit.

I doubt the WBC would pull that shyt on Floyd

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some type of fucckery is involved, either 2 scenarios

A Move by Mayweather and the WBC to pubicly embarrass Manny after he ducks for the 3rd time, or a sly move by Arum to try to get more money in a potential match, with purse bids n such, and also if the latter happens Arum can position it as another Mayweather duck also, if Mayweather walks regarding the split..............

some fukkery will ensue, thats for damn sure.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
some fukkery will ensue, thats for damn sure.
This will be fought in the court of public opinion let Manny duck for whatever reason and play stupid this time aroundand see what happens

The bytch will be exposed in one of them, whoever walks this time around career is as good as done:demonic:

Waits for the fukkery to ensue...........:smugfavre: