Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
@Dat Nikkka Willy Waffle
I think Yoel has hindered Zab's development from when he was younger and coming up. Once Zab became a contender I think he couldve become a better fighter with other trainers...but the family wanted to keep that money in house. As far as the fight against Paulie....it didnt matter who was in the corner. Zab is done as far as beating top level fighters. He can still beat some of the middle of the pack guys but he loses to any B-level or above fighter. Right now he is fighting for money and really should hang em up...but if someone comes with 6 figure offers its hard to see him or guys like Shane turning it down. In fact, I think that is a match that is going to be made before its all said and done with.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
So Many thoughts after Sat but wasnt around Sat night or Sun to shyt talk,

Bika Direll was the most exciting fight, this was no drawn though, Bika whipped that ass and folded this nikka up like a lawn chair in the corner in the 12th, great back n forth, solid showing from the young Direll but no Draw

Macklin vs ????????, didnt watch that bum fest

Kirkland vs Tapia, great slugfest, but you just had the feeling it would end early for the anticlimactic finish, although us fans love ko's not too early especially in a barn burner like that....

LMAO at Khan saying like 2 sentence the whole night then, sitting back waiting for the Alexander fight to talk shyt n trolll:skip: :bryan:

Trout vs Lara, exactly how I suspected the fight would turn out, now once and for all people can see Trout aint shyt.........................

Alexander vs Porter, I had no idea this was the undefeated Shawn Porter that roamed the JMW/ middleweight divisions years back, Alexander should not only be ashamed of himself for losing to a sparring partner, I actually started to believe Alexander had some world class talent in him. He should have known this was a set up match though, Porter has been sparring big boys for years and he's a big boy himself, he weigh 158-164 range sparring in camp so mauling and out wrestling a former lww was easy work for him. Ugly ass match, and I dont blame Alexander on bit, they wanted him to lose, Porter wrestling and being dirty and Alexaner getting warned the whole damn night. I hate this match for the simple fact that they tried to use Porter as a reason to justify Khan duckage of Alexander, as if he's a better fighter than Porter....

Khan cant get a Mayweather match it's too much bad blood for him, him sitting at ringside was like the ghost of Christmas past for him, he ducked Alexander, only to have a sparring partner make easy work of Alexander. Garcia in the crowd getting pops, after being stopped from ending Khans career, but I digress..........

Paulie Zab, Paulie put a whipping on Zab something fierce, Paulie is getting better, more importantly he's getting stronger and punching with far more conviction these days at 147. Broner better not look Paulies way that lost fueled him............

And the Rigo fight......................:scusthov:

good review...I still haven't watched the showtime fights...football was too damned good yesterday :ohlawd: and when I get home tonight ill be tuned into bears-cowboys..prolly wont get to them until Tuesday..but what was wrong with the rigo fight?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
cbdbc2d67b0f07065b671b78a898e776.png

This shyt shouldnt even be physically possible. shyt corners in boxing today :smh:

this was stopped ASAP after the punch that caused it landed..angulo thought lara broke his orbital so he turned away

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rigondeaux: Poor Nonito, he’s still traumatized about the beating I gave him
PostDateIcon.png
December 8th, 2013 | Post Comment - 47 Comments
84Share 4 129Share 10Tweet
rigondeauux6.jpg

WBO/WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (13-0, 8 KO’s) enjoyed poking fun at the expense of Nonito Donaire last night following Rigondeaux’s easy 12 round unanimous decision win over 33-year-old Joseph Agbeko (29-5, 22 KO’s) at the Boardwalk Hall, in Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA.

In being interview by HBO’s Max Kellerman after the fight, Rigondeaux said he’s willing give Donaire another beating if he wants one.

Rigondeaux said “Nonito, poor man. He’s traumatized after the beating I gave him. If he wants another beating, tell him to come and get it. I’ll give him another one.”

Last April, Rigondeaux gave Donaire a one-sided whipping in beating him by a 12 round unanimous decision. Donaire looked helpless and out of his league for 12 rounds, and it wasn’t much of a fight despite all the hype that went into the build up for it. In the months after the fight, Rigondeaux was open go giving Donaire a chance to avenge his loss, but instead Donaire chose to fight 37-year-old Vic Darchinyan, a fighter who Donaire had already knocked out many years ago.

It doesn’t look like Rigondeaux will get another chance at whipping Donaire again, because he’s injured from his last fight against Vic Darchinyan, and that injury, a cracked orbital bone, will keep him out of the ring until possibly mid-2014. In the meantime, Rigondeaux’s promoter Bob Arum wants him to fight the winner of the Orlando Salido vs. Vasyl Lomachenko fight.

Those guys are featherweights, so Rigondeaux would have to move up in weight and face a heavier opponent for that fight to happen. As bad as Lomachenko looked in his first pro fight, I think Rigondeaux would clown Lomachenko. He’s too slow, and he doesn’t throw enough punches to compete against Lomachenko. We already saw what happened with Salido when he fought an opponent with good hand speed in his loss to Mikey Garcia. It would be much worse against Rigondeaux, because he’s a lot faster than Mikey.

Last night, Rigondeaux dominated Agbeko on the score cards, beating him by the following scores: 120-108, 120-108, 1209-108.

Donaire needs to at least try and avenge his loss to Rigondeaux, but Arum is angling Donaire to fight for a world title at featherweight against WBA champion Nicholas Walters, who is arguably the weakest link among the four featherweight champions. Putting Donaire in with the other featherweight champions Jhonny Gonzalez, Evgeny Gradovich or Orlando Salido would likely end badly for Donaire with him getting knocked out. At least with Walters, Donaire has a chance of winning the fight and becoming the WBA paper champion.

:troll:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
good review...I still haven't watched the showtime fights...football was too damned good yesterday :ohlawd: and when I get home tonight ill be tuned into bears-cowboys..prolly wont get to them until Tuesday..but what was wrong with the rigo fight?
The Rigo fight..........................Where do I start:ohlawd:

shyt crowd, that was 80% empty, the commentators were dead set on shytting on Rigo from the very start when that shyt looked like every other boring Donaire match, and Agbeko didnt try one bit like he was paid to embarrass Rigo. Unwatchable match, both fighters landed like 20% of their shots:scusthov:

:heh: at Rigo shytting on Donaire after the match, when HBO was trying set up a Lomenchenko match, after trying to nonchalantly mention Donaire calling Rigo out before mentioning Lomenchenko, then Rigo chirpping back by saying Donaire is a poor man, he's still traumatized after the beating I gave, him If Donaire wants another beating he can have it, while max sat there and rolled his eyes:banderas:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Gotta finish watching the rest of the showtime card tonight. Still had watched the HBO card. Heard the Kirkland fight was crazy tho.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
The Rigo fight..........................Where do I start:ohlawd:

shyt crowd, that was 80% empty, the commentators were dead set on shytting on Rigo from the very start when that shyt looked like every other boring Donaire match, and Agbeko didnt try one bit like he was paid to embarrass Rigo. Unwatchable match, both fighters landed like 20% of their shots:scusthov:

:heh: at Rigo shytting on Donaire after the match, when HBO was trying set up a Lomenchenko match, after trying to nonchalantly mention Donaire calling Rigo out before mentioning Lomenchenko, then Rigo chirpping back by saying Donaire is a poor man, he's still traumatized after the beating I gave, him If Donaire wants another beating he can have it, while max sat there and rolled his eyes:banderas:
I thought the announcers did a great job for HBO. HBO was being called out in the press for not wanting to put Rigondeaux on TV, so I thought they did a great job trying to promote Rigo and being fair. Max is a huge Rigo fan, so they let him start out by explaining Rigo's style and what to watch for. Lampley (who has said he doesn't like Rigo's style) did a good job of trying to explain to the casual fan all night what they were seeing - basically talk people who have the opinion like himself into watching the fight. And Andre didn't talk a lot, it seemed like he was enjoying a guy dominate of his skills and have Lampley keep comparing Rigo to Floyd and him.
I enjoyed it, from all but one aspect...in that Abekgo didn't try to do more. Rigo kicked Donaire's ass, but give Donaire credit because even though he looked at a big talent mismatch, he tried to get to Rigo. He knocked him down, and the punch that swelled up his eye and really bothered his forward progress at the end of the fight was because Donaire was trying to make something happen and Rigo placed a perfect punch in his eye. Going to a lot of what the HBO crew said, is that fighting and trying to crack Rigo is one thing, but Rigo has damaging firepower coming back and that stifles opponents any more.
People are going to love him or hate him. I like watching Rigo fight...with the caveat that his style lends itself to needing a quality opponent. You need a guy in the ring who you know is talented beforehand so you can see the difference in how they look vs Rigo.
I am hoping we get a couple more Lomenchenko fights before a Rigo match, just so we can see what he is about first and how his style looks against quality opponents. It truly is a testament to Rigo though, when really the only fight right now I think he potentially is fighting someone near as talented as him is Lomenchenko...because the 122 and 126 lb divisions are loaded.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I thought the announcers did a great job for HBO. HBO was being called out in the press for not wanting to put Rigondeaux on TV, so I thought they did a great job trying to promote Rigo and being fair. Max is a huge Rigo fan, so they let him start out by explaining Rigo's style and what to watch for. Lampley (who has said he doesn't like Rigo's style) did a good job of trying to explain to the casual fan all night what they were seeing - basically talk people who have the opinion like himself into watching the fight. And Andre didn't talk a lot, it seemed like he was enjoying a guy dominate of his skills and have Lampley keep comparing Rigo to Floyd and him.
I enjoyed it, from all but one aspect...in that Abekgo didn't try to do more. Rigo kicked Donaire's ass, but give Donaire credit because even though he looked at a big talent mismatch, he tried to get to Rigo. He knocked him down, and the punch that swelled up his eye and really bothered his forward progress at the end of the fight was because Donaire was trying to make something happen and Rigo placed a perfect punch in his eye. Going to a lot of what the HBO crew said, is that fighting and trying to crack Rigo is one thing, but Rigo has damaging firepower coming back and that stifles opponents any more.
People are going to love him or hate him. I like watching Rigo fight...with the caveat that his style lends itself to needing a quality opponent. You need a guy in the ring who you know is talented beforehand so you can see the difference in how they look vs Rigo.
I am hoping we get a couple more Lomenchenko fights before a Rigo match, just so we can see what he is about first and how his style looks against quality opponents. It truly is a testament to Rigo though, when really the only fight right now I think he potentially is fighting someone near as talented as him is Lomenchenko...because the 122 and 126 lb divisions are loaded.
All of that shyt was condescending IMO, watching the fight all I cold imagine was them talking with the :skip: while spouting this shyt...................

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
All of that shyt was condescending IMO, watching the fight all I cold imagine was them talking with the :skip: while spouting this shyt...................
Lampley probably, but Max LOVES Rigo. He is always getting on Lampley's case about how good Rigo is and how he thinks he is the 3rd best P4P fighter. I liked that Lampley deferred a lot of his opinion to Max, because he knew people were going to be turning off the TV set, but for the ones who stayed, let Rigo's biggest cheerleader pump him up. Plus Andre was loving the shyt...Lampley kept dikk riding Floyd and Andre when comparing Rigo to something, so Andre was probably sitting there loving Lamp's talk about how good he was.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
the commentators were dead set on shytting on Rigo from the very start
That is a god damn lie. Max was swinging on Rigo's nuts from the very start to the very end. Imo they tried their damnedest to put pretty much all the blame on Agbeko for not doing anything. There's only so much you can say with such a boring fight.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
That is a god damn lie. Max was swinging on Rigo's nuts from the very start to the very end. Imo they tried their damnedest to put pretty much all the blame on Agbeko for not doing anything. There's only so much you can say with such a boring fight.
Fair, the 2nd half of the fight was completely dead

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Lol, truth. They even had to send Max to go ask Roger if Agbeko was planning on doing anything the rest of the fight. :russ: