Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
-Donaire just publically called out Nicholas Walters so, you can dead a rematch for now

-Rigondeaux said he'd fight Lomanchenko at a catch weight, that is if he beats Orlando Salido

-Chris Avalos is next in line for GR's WBO belt

-Scott Quigg is next in line by holding a portion of the WBA belt

There's also guys like Shingo Wake (GIVE THE BROTHA A SHOT!), Johnathan Romero (overrated, but has been on HBO), Hozumi Hasegawa (a featherweight still ranked at 122), Yoandris Salinas (though I don't recall ever seeing two Cubans fight each other professionally), Nehomar Cermeno (somehow ranked #1 by the WBA), Vic Darchinyan (unless he's retiring), Carl Frampton (I'm pretty sure he's facing the Martinez/Mathebula winner)

Santa Cruz (Cold War) Montiel, Lopez, Mijares, Sonjuca and Terrazas (not ranked by either WBO or WBA), Martinez/Mathebula winner is in the air due to Frampton

Speaking of Frampton...if Mathebula wins, they're going directly at him. If Martinez wins, they want Martinez to take a voluntary defense and THEN fight him. There's also talks with facing Santa Cruz next..........

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LMAO at Khan saying like 2 sentence the whole night then, sitting back waiting for the Alexander fight to talk shyt n trolll:skip: :bryan:

I thought Khan had a good chance to beat Alexander but he chose not to go for the risk with a Floyd fight being a probability. Khan has heart and will fight anyone, but potential 7 figure paydays makes cowards out of everyone.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
@SuikodenII if martinez wins i bet he will fight quigg as his voluntary. hearn wants to unify the belt and get it before frampton can.

Its personal between them as frampton left hearn and now his manager barry mcguigan is also his promoter.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love Rigo but I fell asleep on that fight. I know people say Rigo is boring but to me, that was just as much Agbeko's fault. I never seen "King Kong" fight like that. I was expecting him to go all out....but I guess he didnt want to get KTFO.

SuikodenII

Daps
@SuikodenII if martinez wins i bet he will fight quigg as his voluntary. hearn wants to unify the belt and get it before frampton can.

Its personal between them as frampton left hearn and now his manager barry mcguigan is also his promoter.
I agree. But Martinez may not want the fight and simply take a soft touch to get his rematch with Frampton.....

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I agree. But Martinez may not want the fight and simply take a soft touch to get his rematch with Frampton.....

hearn is going to offer martinez big money. ive heard hes already put an offer on the table

then i think he plans to make quigg vs frampton as its a big money fight in the uk or ireland.

quigg will get the big split due to him being the champ

SuikodenII

Daps
hearn is going to offer martinez big money. ive heard hes already put an offer on the table

then i think he plans to make quigg vs frampton as its a big money fight in the uk or ireland.

quigg will get the big split due to him being the champ
Then Frampton would be stuck between Santa Cruz and Quigg.........decisions, decisions :mjpls:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I love Rigo but I fell asleep on that fight. I know people say Rigo is boring but to me, that was just as much Agbeko's fault. I never seen "King Kong" fight like that. I was expecting him to go all out....but I guess he didnt want to get KTFO.

I completely agree, and I feel like this isn't being stressed enough; Agbeko completely held himself back starting in the first round.

what a shame

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I completely agree, and I feel like this isn't being stressed enough; Agbeko completely held himself back starting in the first round.

what a shame
Yes, Agbeko did nothing the entire fight but Rigo was content to just sit back and pretty much spar for 12 rounds. I understand that it's not Rigo's fault if his opponents don't want to engage but clearly he gives no fukks about doing light work and not really pressing very hard for the finish.

Adonis Stevenson had a similar fight in Tavoris Cloud, where Cloud did next to nothing the entire fight and Stevenson was still able to make the fight entertaining and even get the finish.

I understand that Stevenson and Rigo have different styles but if Rigo's opponent doesn't come to play you can essentially watch the first round and you've seen the entire fight.