Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
this can't be fukkin real. this is such a awful fight that no promoter in the states don't even want it, this shyt gotta get done in russia :snoop:

im just getting caught up with some fights from yesterday. :smh: at darren barker getting blasted the way he did. i wasn't expecting that, whats even worse is that this motherfukka felix sturm once again is holding the ibf title hostage in germany once again. :snoop: at sam soliman being the mandy for the ibf title.

glen tapia corner was fukkin horrible last night. the kid took a beatdown and the corner is supposed to protect him they know the kid aint gonna quit. i thought in the 4th smoger could have stopped it. but tapia is a tough motherfukka, he gotta get a better trainer though. it was unreal how kirkland was taking tapias shots, he was eating them shyt like they were red lobster cheddar biscuits.

i take my hat off for ann wolfe and her bootcamp training methods and getting a fighter in shape mentally and physically, but thats where it stops. she's never gonna get james to throw a jab coming in, won't get his defense any better, same with his footwork. her gameplan with james is to back nikkkas up and just wear them down into submission. i like watching james but loses boo boo, canelo, trout, lara, molina, but at the same time he most likely will never fight any of those guys because 4 out 5 of them are gbp guys. wouldn't suprise me if he fought a guy like willie nelson or mundine next. i think from this point in he will be matched carefully.

about to watch bika-direll, rigo-agbeko, and russ-macklin. im not even gonna watch the zab fight :snoop:

porter vs devon was fire too. That tapia kid might never be the same though. That shyt is fukking crazy :snoop:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=72535#ixzz2mvl3Slmy
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.
Ricky Burns (36-2-1, 11KOs) will return to the ring in February to face Terence Crawford (22-0, 16KOs).

The WBO lightweight champion has not fought since his jaw was broken during a twelve round draw with Raymundo Beltran back in September. An immediate rematch with Beltran was ruled out when the WBO ordered Burns to take on mandatory challenger Crawford in a fifth defense of the belt.

And Burns' promoter Eddie Hearn has now reached an agreement with Crawford's promoter, Top Rank. The fight was recently ordered to have a purse bid.

Hearn tweeted: "Delighted to confirm we have agreed terms for Ricky Burns to face Terence Crawford in Glasgow in February - date confirmed soon."

Burns tweeted: "For everyone asking, I have to fight Crawford first as he's mandatory! Going to be a great fight!!"

@synistr :gladbron:

Where can one see fighters purses?

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
good lord does anne wolfe chain kirkland in a 110 degree basement the night before the fight until he becomes the mandingo warrior? First time that ninja feel's a punch there is no James Kirkland anymore. He got tapped 23 times (I think) in the first round then put 55+ power shots on Tapia in each of the next 4 rounds :damn: Wolfe probably telling Kirkland he's going back to prison if he loses

:dead:

I think Wolfe probably abuses dude in all types of ways :patrice: on some brainwashed ish.