Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I had it 9-3 Broner on first watch. Paulie was throwing a lot, but Broner blocked a lot of it and they were ineffective punches that glanced off arms. Broner landed clean shots all night and even though he wasn't the busier fighter, IMO controlled all the real meaningful action.
To me, it was an ass kicking, that due to Paulie's activity he managed to make it not look like an ass kicking.

That is what I seen as well.

@King P.....the 8th round, I can see Paulie taking due to activity and Broners lack of activity but the 10th, AB caught him with some good punches near the end of the round especially the left hook which buzzed Paulie.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
all i gotta say about kirkland is he will not last long in this fight game..no defense or nothing...molina would work him again in a rematch..keep him away from boxers

I JUST said this too my cousin lol

He was talking that GGG vs Kirkland and I said GGG might literally kill him bc James doesn't believe in defense or head movement......or a jab:snoop:

It would be entertaining for the 4 rounds it lasts IF that

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Paulie won 7-5 or drew 6-6 at worst

I love how he did the ultimate "if you cant beat them, join them" move

dude bytched about haymon and haymon was probably like "this guy is right, we robbed him and owe him something :obama:"

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alexander gets a lot of hate but I like him. He was a very young and talented fighter when he was coming up through the ranks. He still is very talented. The problem is, as I have always stated....its deemed a bad thing to have blemishes on your record when it should be a good thing in this day and age. This is why fighters in the old days are considered better...because they fought 100-200 fights. they may lose 20 or 30 times but its about experience and mastering styles. Cant remember the legendary trainer that said it, maybe Futch...but they said if a figher has 20 (or 30) wins and no losses....something is wrong and they havent fought anybody. Porter's style gave Alexander hell. A lot of people were saying that Alexander wouldnt have problems with Porter and Porter was garbage. Even though I havent watched Porter in a while...I watched him at 154 and he has some tools. Enough to the point to where I couldnt see it being an easy fight for Alexander.

Alexander has a problem...and it started before Porter. His problem is....he stopped developing. When you get a title too soon that can be a bad thing. Along with the titles comes the matchmaking, long stretches of inactivity, etc....all things that can hinder development in a young fighter. Alexander needs to learn from this experience and come back better. The other issue with that is...I believe certain trainers such as Cunningham can only take you to a certain level. He needs to bring someone else in. Not necessarily get rid of Cunningham...but bring other eyes in. Someone who can help him improve because he is still young enough to do so.

A lot of guys like Alexander and Rigo still have amateur styles. I can see someone giving Rigo problems too if they are not afraid to rush and crowd him like Porter did to Alexander. Agbeko didnt go out on his shield. Thats not the King Kong I know. I understand that Rigo's counters had him shook, but like Roger said "we just here". You gonna get hit anyway and aint no way in hell you outboxing Rigo. If Donaire couldnt what made Agbeko think he could?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paulie won 7-5 or drew 6-6 at worst

I love how he did the ultimate "if you cant beat them, join them" move

dude bytched about haymon and haymon was probably like "this guy is right, we robbed him and owe him something :obama:"

Paulie did bytch but at the same time....he looks at Haymon as how boxing should be. Someone who truly takes care of his fighters. I dont think it was a total bytch move. He wished he was in that position so he did something about it. I dont believe he was robbed against Broner but I do believe it was a close fight and wasnt clear for Broner as others believe. I dont see Maidana being a tougher fight for Broner either.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd have to rewatch it to tell you exactly but I remember having it close. This wasn't a situation like how fighters get points for shyt that wasn't landing like in some Floyd fights, Paulie was tagging him. Al Bernstein mentioned last night that he re-watched it and scored it for Paulie. I know you like Broner breh but that was a close fight, in no way was it an ass beating. I'll re watch when I get back from my son's wrestling and let you know exactly how I scored it. I had Broner winning btw.

even if it was an assbeating...meaning Broner's shots damaged Paulie more....still in rounds the fight was close. Broner didnt clearly dominate 8 rounds to me. I think I could give him 6 rounds clearly...but with no KDs :manny:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Yea, that's true. Which is why I don't think think that fight will happen.

I think Andrade will get a fight with Kirkland, and Lara will get a rematch with Molina
Canelo-Rabchenko/Ishe/Mundine coming in March......Lara-Molina II is not a bad idea, now that a title is at stake

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Victor still mad at that loss to Maidana plus he still carrying on that vendetta with Robert Garcia.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/roy-jones-james-toney-rematch-moscow-12-21--72531
By Yuri Taratin

BoxingScene.com's sister site, Allboxing.ru, revealed earlier this morning that James Toney (76-9-3, 46KOs) is ready and willing to enter the ring against Roy Jones Jr. (56-8, 40KOs) on December 21 in Moscow, at the Dynamo Palace of Sports in Krylatskoye. Jones dominated Toney for a career defining victory back in 1994. Jones has not fought since June 2012, while Toney was recently in action three times this year, including two fights on the same night during last month's Prizefighter tournament in the UK.

Jones is currently scheduled to face 36-year-old French fighter Zine Eddine Benmakluf in a "winner takes all" encounter, where the winner walks away with all of the purse money.

The lead promoter of the event, Vladimir "красивый" Hryunov, states the following on the current situation.

"Tony's manager Steve Tannenbaum came to me with a proposal to organize a rematch between Tony and Jones. According to Steve, Tony is in good shape, his weight right now is at 216 pounds, and he's dreamed for all these years to secure a rematch against Jones Jr., who beat him back in 1994. Jones' promoter, John Wirt, needs some time to think this over and we also need to clarify Toney's willingness to ensure that all of the prize money will go to the winner of battle. The winner is going to take it all."
:heh: :dahell: :blessed: :wow: All-in-One

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ortiz is a mental midget but I'll be damned if he ain't entertaining

Boxing needs that simpleton to stay focused N get some Ws so we can see high level fukkery

:lolbron: