Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if I were fighting, there are select few trainers I would want in my camp. Ann Wolfe is one of those trainers. She was a helluva fighter and her training and conditioning is second to no one. I know it looked shaky for Kirkland in the beginning....but with Wolfe he is a different fighter mentally. Mentally, he just walks through the fire. He walks straight in, without using a jab, eating shot after shot...but that almost looks like their game plan. I want to see these networks and promoters give James Kirkland his money. He is a special fighter. He wont be around very long....but he is mentally unwavering. keep him away from boxers. he will get killed. but put him in with guys like Tapia who try and take him to war, and you have fight of the year candidates almost every time out. definitely, if it wasnt for Wolfe's training, Kirkland would be getting KTFO. at the same time, it takes a special type of fighter to be willing to sign up for all that shyt that Wolfe puts you through.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said here a few months ago, I thought that Lara could beat Canelo and I didnt believe that Canelo was the undisputed best until he beat Lara. I still think Lara would beat Canelo due to the styles. Lara is better than Trout. Still, Lara's fighting style is heavily dependent upon what is in front of him. Trout is still pretty good but his real lack of power is a disadvantage. I want to see Canelo/Lara. Wont hold my breath for it though.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the draw for Dirrell will help him become a better fighter. The problem today is, promoters and networks only want to promote hype. They think its bad for fighters to have blemishes on their records. Thats bad for the fighter because they never really learn. Dirrell got a learning experience last night. He is very green. He laid on the ropes and basically gave Bika the fight. Thats the first thing they are gonna tell him when they show him the tape. He couldve won that fight had he stayed in the middle of the ring more. Also, he should learn to not run around in the last 10 seconds unless he is positive he has won the fight or the round at least. I didnt see the cards...did he win the last round? if he did, the running was a non-issue. if he lost the last round, it becomes idiotic.

Bika looks like he trained with Ann Wolfe too. lol. Bika isnt as easy to beat as he looks. It takes a disciplined approach. Andre wouldve beat him though. I like Dirrell, he makes good fights. He is green as chit though....and he gave away that fight.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I said here a few months ago, I thought that Lara could beat Canelo and I didnt believe that Canelo was the undisputed best until he beat Lara. I still think Lara would beat Canelo due to the styles. Lara is better than Trout. Still, Lara's fighting style is heavily dependent upon what is in front of him. Trout is still pretty good but his real lack of power is a disadvantage. I want to see Canelo/Lara. Wont hold my breath for it though.
If I was managing Canelo's career I would keep him far away from Lara...he is tailor made for Lara and would look terrible in a losing effort. The risk would not be worth the limited reward at all.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I would bet my house that Kirkland would beat Ishida into a coma in a rematch as long as he was still with Wolf.
what good is wolfe if he cant make it out of the first round :smugbiden:

james-kirkland-nobuhiro-ishida8.jpg

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would bet my house that Kirkland would beat Ishida into a coma in a rematch as long as he was still with Wolf.

yeah, when Kirkland is with Wolfe...his mindset is different. he is like a tank. boxing is mostly mental. you cant tell me Ishida's shots are harder than Tapia's. Tapia was hurting Kirkland but he was just so darned determined to get to Tapia. It was a relentless display. Kirkland is no James Toney...but he reminds me of James a lil bit as to how he could be getting outgunned and outworked but to them it seems like part of the plan....like thats the way things were supposed to go from the gate. The way Kirkland fought was idiotic in a way but still, so bold....you wouldnt believe it. Tapia prepared for a fight but never did he prepare for an all out war like that. Tapia was done after the 3rd round. He took some shots and damage, but stamina wise....he was dead. I wouldnt have been mad at him had he quit. I really was surprised at his corner. Tapia wasnt even responding to them....only when the Doc would come over would he respond. The kid was too tired to open his eyes or waste breath on his cornermen.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

his mind wasnt right that fight. if he could walk through Angulo and Tapia, I have no doubt he is ready for Ishida now. that would be an absolute reversal in a rematch.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

That only happened because he wasn't being trained by Anne Wolfe for that fight.
That KO was an aberration anyway, Ishida barely had 7 or 8 KOs over 29something fights coming into that match.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
yeah, when Kirkland is with Wolfe...his mindset is different. he is like a tank. boxing is mostly mental. you cant tell me Ishida's shots are harder than Tapia's. Tapia was hurting Kirkland but he was just so darned determined to get to Tapia. It was a relentless display. Kirkland is no James Toney...but he reminds me of James a lil bit as to how he could be getting outgunned and outworked but to them it seems like part of the plan....like thats the way things were supposed to go from the gate. The way Kirkland fought was idiotic in a way but still, so bold....you wouldnt believe it. Tapia prepared for a fight but never did he prepare for an all out war like that. Tapia was done after the 3rd round. He took some shots and damage, but stamina wise....he was dead. I wouldnt have been mad at him had he quit. I really was surprised at his corner. Tapia wasnt even responding to them....only when the Doc would come over would he respond. The kid was too tired to open his eyes or waste breath on his cornermen.
It looked to me like Tapia's entire gameplay was to be aggressive early and get Kirkland out of there in the first round like what happened with Ishida. Once that didn't happen Tapia was done.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That only happened because he wasn't being trained by Anne Wolfe for that fight.
That KO was an aberration anyway, Ishida barely had 7 or 8 KOs over 29something fights coming into that match.

for some fighters, who trains them makes little difference. sometimes it makes a lot of difference. for Kirkland, it makes ALL the difference.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
russ/macklin: russ will be better, looks like he got the butterflies out of his stomach, should be ready for tougher challenges now. macklin stopped his career's downward slide

tapia/kirkland: ann wolfe was the difference. kirkland does not look like any slugger is going to outwork him. i can only see him losing to superior outside boxing if he stays like this, his stamina was as incredible as his chin. tapia has a lot of heart, but his corner sucks

rigo/agbeko: rigo is definitely at least 3rd best in the world, he might even be a little better than ward if given the chance to truly show it. empty seats were embarrasing and it will hurt rigo's future earning power even though much of the blame for the lack of excitement should be on agbeko's shoulders.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paulie bought himself at least one more pay day.

Last edited: