Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Coli brehs............we should have our own panel and come up with our own rankings..........who's down?
I would be down.

ESPN has been doing there own panel they just started. They just do the panel for P4P (while just Dan Rafael does the divisional).
We could do P4P and/or divisional.
They do top 10 - 10 pts for number one, 9 for number 2, etc...to 1 pt for the 10th spot. Add and you have ranking based on totals.

That is an easy way. Other thoughts?

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
Coli brehs............we should have our own panel and come up with our own rankings..........who's down?

:ohhh: It would take some work but it could be done. Maybe if we started small with The Coli top 10's for each weight class then expand it after that. Maybe a sub forum in the ring for it with a thread for each division and then we can do a vote on the top 10 and have posters post their write in for "other" where if a dark horse can gain enough votes they can jump into the rankings

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I would be down.

ESPN has been doing there own panel they just started. They just do the panel for P4P (while just Dan Rafael does the divisional).
They do top 10 - 10 pts for number one, 9 for number 2, etc...to 1 pt for the 10th spot. Add and you have ranking based on totals.

Im down:demonic:

Some of yall list will be comical though
tumblr_mq08a6nGKj1rz36j2o2_100.png

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I would be down.

I like that......

:ohhh: It would take some work but it could be done. Maybe if we started small with The Coli top 10's for each weight class then expand it after that. Maybe a sub forum in the ring for it with a thread for each division and then we can do a vote on the top 10 and have posters post their write in for "other" where if a dark horse can gain enough votes they can jump into the rankings
Top 10 would be a bit much, especially for guys not familiar with the lower weights......how bout top 5?

edit: Maybe top 5 divisional and top 10 p4p?

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Arum - "Fight did 550K buys"

HBO - "Fight did 475K"

:bryan: Oh Bob...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxin...-rios-fight-sells-475-000-213600764--box.html

Manny Pacquiao's trip to China to fight Brandon Rios on Nov. 23 in Macau was a success on many levels, but not on the pay-per-view front.

Mark Taffet, the senior vice president of HBO Sports, told Yahoo Sports on Thursday the Nov. 23 bout sold 475,000 pay-per-view units and generated roughly $30 million in revenue.

Promoters knew going in that fighting outside of the U.S. would adversely impact the pay-per-view numbers, but they weren't sure how much. In a February interview with Yahoo Sports to announce the signing of two-time Olympic gold medalist Zou Shiming, Arum estimated it could be as much as 50 percent.

Taffet feared the decline might even be greater. He said his research indicated that a pay-per-view emanating from outside the U.S. would only get 30 to 40 percent as much as a show started from within the U.S., despite the fact that the show started at the exact same time as it would have had it been in the U.S.

"So we knew there were challenges and tempered our expectations from the beginning," Taffet said. "It was an extraordinary effort by everyone involved, and we recognized that anything above 350,000 buys would be a success.

"Our efforts in establishing a U.S. media center and originating radio, television and print interviews with legends George Foreman, Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Ray Mancini and Marco Antonio Barrera went a long way toward helping us address some of the challenges and reach the levels that we did."

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
I like that......

Top 10 would be a bit much, especially for guys not familiar with the lower weights......how bout top 5?

edit: Maybe top 5 divisional and top 10 p4p?

I was kinda thinking it might be. I was gonna suggest maybe starting out with the premier 3-5 weight classes than we can build and expand to add some of the less known divisions. I do like doing a top 5 instead of 10 to start out as well as a p4p list

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

HBO - "Fight did 475K"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxin...-rios-fight-sells-475-000-213600764--box.html

Manny Pacquiao's trip to China to fight Brandon Rios on Nov. 23 in Macau was a success on many levels, but not on the pay-per-view front.

Mark Taffet, the senior vice president of HBO Sports, told Yahoo Sports on Thursday the Nov. 23 bout sold 475,000 pay-per-view units and generated roughly $30 million in revenue.

Promoters knew going in that fighting outside of the U.S. would adversely impact the pay-per-view numbers, but they weren't sure how much. In a February interview with Yahoo Sports to announce the signing of two-time Olympic gold medalist Zou Shiming, Arum estimated it could be as much as 50 percent.

Taffet feared the decline might even be greater. He said his research indicated that a pay-per-view emanating from outside the U.S. would only get 30 to 40 percent as much as a show started from within the U.S., despite the fact that the show started at the exact same time as it would have had it been in the U.S.

"So we knew there were challenges and tempered our expectations from the beginning," Taffet said. "It was an extraordinary effort by everyone involved, and we recognized that anything above 350,000 buys would be a success.

"Our efforts in establishing a U.S. media center and originating radio, television and print interviews with legends George Foreman, Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Ray Mancini and Marco Antonio Barrera went a long way toward helping us address some of the challenges and reach the levels that we did."
Will wait, I still believe both numbers are wrong and HBO never releases numbers, whats their agenda here. Now if various sources back this number I'll concede with my beleif, but various sources already came out and said the fight sold 300,000-350,000:manny:

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

HBO - "Fight did 475K"

:heh: HBO grasping at straws.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:heh: HBO grasping at straws.
Why admit a already known flop unless they have a agenda, they dont want the world to hear the true true numbers further making HBO look like a asses for siding with Manny and Arum. Like I said yesterday vrious sources said the fight did 300-350 thousand range before HBO came in.....

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Why admit a already known flop unless they have a agenda, they dont want the world to hear the true true numbers further making HBO look like a asses for siding with Manny and Arum. Like I said yesterday vrious sources said the fight did 300-350 thousand range before HBO came in.....
Dan Rafael - who usually is really accurate with news (he almost never breaks it, but has a reputation with me for nearly always being correct); originally heard 350,000...but said during his chat he felt the 475,000 was pretty close to being accurate.

No matter what the numbers are, what it really shows us is that Mayweather is the bigger draw, not Pacquaio. Even had the PPV been in the US it would not have done the 875,000 that Mayweather-Guerrero did. Not sure how it affects PPV, since you don't have to have a subscription to buy - but HBO numbers are typically double what Showtimes are for Saturday cable fights...even with HBO backing, Pacquiao did far less.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Dan Rafael - who usually is really accurate with news (he almost never breaks it, but has a reputation with me for nearly always being correct); originally heard 350,000...but said during his chat he felt the 475,000 was pretty close to being accurate.

No matter what the numbers are, what it really shows us is that Mayweather is the bigger draw, not Pacquaio. Even had the PPV been in the US it would not have done the 875,000 that Mayweather-Guerrero did. Not sure how it affects PPV, since you don't have to have a subscription to buy - but HBO numbers are typically double what Showtimes are for Saturday cable fights...even with HBO backing, Pacquiao did far less.
I feel you 100%, It's embarrassing like I said, fukk was HBO thinking doing a ppv in china like Manny is Chinese n shyt. My goodness does Arum has some fukking game, he's robbing Manny blind and crippling Manny career yet Manny fans defend Arum to the death.....

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

On some ol "we already expected to sell 50% less because its in another country" ass nikkas. Yeah fukkin right! That shyt might have flew if the fight showed at 10 am or they showed it on tape delay and nikkas ain't buy cause they knew the outcome but otherwise this shyt bombed!

:heh: I thought they was gonna sell to 100 million Chinese at 5 a pop and crush the industry instead that shyt was free on tv

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
On some ol "we already expected to sell 50% less because its in another country" ass nikkas. Yeah fukkin right! That shyt might have flew if the fight showed at 10 am or they showed it on tape delay and nikkas ain't buy cause they knew the outcome but otherwise this shyt bombed!

:heh: I thought they was gonna sell to 100 million Chinese at 5 a pop and crush the industry instead that shyt was free on tv
:russ:

The stupid shyt is II just dont understand it, why bother wth China if the fight was on free tv, knowing that would hurt the ppv number. Arum hands is dirty as fukk in this and people shouldnt let him slide, Manny fans need to attack his ass full force for once

Rios Manny still should of sold in the 600-800 thou range, Im just at a loss for words regarding this whole shyt at this point

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@Newzz been kind of quiet since yesterday, hope he aint commit that:lupe:

#Swiftset:youngsabo:
This fight needs not to happen Garcia will slaughter, he already fells he has no worries, and Brone has shown he fears it, bad enough Garcia is the better skilled fighter(aside from D), that mental battle is the battle that win the fights.......

:demonic:

Can't wait:banderas:

Been really busy the past couple days breh........but not busy enough to skip past you saying Dannyboy is more talented than AB:what:

The ONLY thing Swift is better at is punching power......and hiding behind his daddy bc he can't speak for himself:camby:

#BandCamp > #bytchset :ufdup:

@ChocolateGiddyUp......the inevitable matchup we talked about is getting closer:youngsabo:

#BandCamp

:ohlawd: