Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i thought if they decided to have may vs khan theyd atleast have it in the uk to add some type of intrigue to it..smh

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
So what, May still almost got robbed his last match and Canelo aint do shyt but land like 5 dirty hip shots per round while taking a brutal ass whipping

Ehh ol girl was forced to retire because of how poor a job she did scoring the fight I have to imagine the shytstorm she dealt with will make judges think twice about how they go about there business, at least in the major, highly promoted fights. Con aint got the speed or skills to run from Floyd and if tries to actual bring the fight and not hold on for dear life like most of Floyds opponents then hes gonna get knocked the fukk out.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Ehh ol girl was forced to retire because of how poor a job she did scoring the fight I have to imagine the shytstorm she dealt with will make judges think twice about how they go about there business, at least in the major, highly promoted fights. Con aint got the speed or skills to run from Floyd and if tries to actual bring the fight and not hold on for dear life like most of Floyds opponents then hes gonna get knocked the fukk out.
:rudy:

Judges rob fighters every other damn week, and shyt happens. If Floyd gets robbed there will be no fuss and his haters will throw a parade....

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
:rudy:

Judges rob fighters every other damn week, and shyt happens. If Floyd gets robbed there will be no fuss and his haters will throw a parade....

As I stated "at least in major, highly promoted fights" besides there is a difference between a close fight going the wrong way and a total and complete domination being called a draw. There is no conceivable circumstance that would have Con doing anything but getting completly and totally shytted on by Floyd so for them to award Con a win would be the equivalent of career suicide.

Thats of course if they fight Im still holding out hope Floyd doesnt give this piece of shyt his biggest payday

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
there's very few fighters that I want to see knocked out more than chris john...there's literally no reason why his punk ass has held on to the title for as long as he did and never once attempted a unification or face the live bodies floating around his division for a decade :scusthov:
He's facing a live guy today...he gets past him, hopefully the WBA orders him to face regular champ Nicholas Walters (though they're talking about Walters-Donaire). Jesus Andres Cuellar is the interim champ ranked at #1 (:rudy:), so that's another possibility the WBA might obligate him to face...then is there's Akifumi Shimoda ranked next at #2 (:rudy:) and Gary Russell Jr. at #3 (:krs:)

Now, Chris John is considered a "Super" Champion, and for Super champions, the rules for which they have to face certain challengers are based on the discretion of the WBA president and ruling committee. Does that mean Super Champions may only face who they want as long as the WBA gives them the OK? Certainly. Did they "earn" that right by being Super champions? Not to the boxing fan, but to the boxer themselves, it's sort of a congratulatory honor since they've defended the title a certain number of times.

You see, with Walters being the "regular" champion, he's the one who's bound by the laws of the land where Super champs are allowed a lot more freedom. Thing is, with a Super champion, there's no obligation, by their own laws, to have a regular champion, but who's gonna turn down more sanctioning money? They put themselves in a corner with the Super Champion thing which is why more and more you're seeing 2 champions under the WBA at weight classes now because the Super champions gets granted the freedom to defend maybe once a year depending on their situation. They don't wanna lose out on money so they have a back up with the "regular" champs. Don't be surprised if you see ANOTHER regular WBA champ at heavyweight, even after it just unified.

It's a mess, but as of right now, there's no telling who's the mandatory is, but I'm assuming it's Cuellar, but since he fought for an interim vacant title, he may not be.........like I said, a mess

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He's facing a live guy today...he gets past him, hopefully the WBA orders him to face regular champ Nicholas Walters (though they're talking about Walters-Donaire). Jesus Andres Cuellar is the interim champ ranked at #1 (:rudy:), so that's another possibility the WBA might obligate him to face...then is there's Akifumi Shimoda ranked next at #2 (:rudy:) and Gary Russell Jr. at #3 (:krs:)

Now, Chris John is considered a "Super" Champion, and for Super champions, the rules for which they have to face certain challengers are based on the discretion of the WBA president and ruling committee. Does that mean Super Champions may only face who they want as long as the WBA gives them the OK? Certainly. Did they "earn" that right by being Super champions? Not to the boxing fan, but to the boxer themselves, it's sort of a congratulatory honor since they've defended the title a certain number of times.

You see, with Walters being the "regular" champion, he's the one who's bound by the laws of the land where Super champs are allowed a lot more freedom. Thing is, with a Super champion, there's no obligation, by their own laws, to have a regular champion, but who's gonna turn down more sanctioning money? They put themselves in a corner with the Super Champion thing which is why more and more you're seeing 2 champions under the WBA at weight classes now because the Super champions gets granted the freedom to defend maybe once a year depending on their situation. They don't wanna lose out on money so they have a back up with the "regular" champs. Don't be surprised if you see ANOTHER regular WBA champ at heavyweight, even after it just unified.

It's a mess, but as of right now, there's no telling who's the mandatory is, but I'm assuming it's Cuellar, but since he fought for an interim vacant title, he may not be.........like I said, a mess

this is a nightmare...its disgraceful how interims, super, champion emeritus, regular, etc etc have creeped into the belts...1 champ per organization per weight class..i don't understand why belt situation needs to be any more complicated than that

SuikodenII

Daps
this is a nightmare...its disgraceful how interims, super, champion emeritus, regular, etc etc have creeped into the belts...1 champ per organization per weight class..i don't understand why belt situation needs to be any more complicated than that
White men's greed complicates the world

oh and I hope you're watching the Chris John fight, dude is BADLY hurt, Marciano curse might strike again! :krs:

SuikodenII

Daps
John knocked down officially (he's been down like 3 times now :rudy:) in the 7th, he's HURT...

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

They should just have like a platinum,gold,silver division champ then. Once you become silver champ you can move up to the gold "league" and have the #2-3 guys fight for the vacated title, same with the gold division. You could have the silver division open to all boxers(or top 100), the gold could be top 21 down to 11 then platinum would basically be the top 10 ranked fighter in each division. Each belt could do this too. While it would still be some issues at least it doesnt sound as stupid as having 2 guys with essentially the same title.