Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
WBO and IBO Featherweight Champion of the world!!!! South Africa (real South Africans, not you cacs) stand up!! MAN-DE-LA!! MAN-DE-LA!! MAN-DE-LA!!

qqsj28.gif

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Froch has decided, no groves rematch

Carl Froch all but dismissed the idea of going 'over old ground' in a rematch with George Groves.

"Do I want to go over old ground? Not at the minute, no. I like to move forward in my career and the only old ground I like to go over again is for a defeat."

Carl Froch

The WBC and IBF middleweight champion was on Ringside for the first time since his controversial win on November 23.

Groves has demanded a rematch after being stopped in the ninth round of their contest and promoter Eddie Hearn has even admitted he - as a fan - wants to see a second showdown.

But the final decision falls to 36-year-old Froch and he all but ruled it out.

"I defended my title against a mandatory. I beat an unbeaten fighter, a hungry, ambitious fighter who came to try and win the fight - and winning with a technical knockout in the ninth round is a great result," he said.

"Do I want to go over old ground? Not at the minute, no.

"I like to move forward in my career and the only old ground I like to go over again is for a defeat.

"It was nice to avenge the Mikkel Kessler defeat, it would be nice to avenge the Andre Ward defeat if that can possibly be made."
Opinions

Promoter Hearn revealed he has been in America discussing possible fights with Ward, Gennady Golovkin and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Groves - Foster made terrible decision

Froch himself ruled out a match-up with former mandatory but now light-heavyweight star Adonis Stevenson, but although he knows there is still public demand to see him and Groves go at it again, he believes the interest is fading.

"It's a 50-50 split right now and the longer the time goes and the longer people watch the fight, opinions are changing a lot," he added.

"Like Eddie said, I have got a lot of options.

"I am going to enjoy a wonderful Christmas with my beautiful family, then I am going to make a decision - and I decide who I am going to fight.

"If I decide to fight again I am going to make the correct decision based on where I want to go forward.

"I will speak to Eddie, my trainer Rob McCracken and my family and then I will make the decision based on what I feel is right for me - and everyone else."
From sky sports

:comeon:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
hahahaha froch with that sour foul decision, then again his career coming to an end and needs that huge huge money fight!what a shame man..
Will ward bytch ass fans still try to pretend Froch is elite, did I not warn you nikkas:smugfavre:

Froch simply was product a a weak division, he went life and death with a completely shot Taylor...............

SuikodenII

Daps
Froch has decided, no groves rematch

Carl Froch all but dismissed the idea of going 'over old ground' in a rematch with George Groves.

"Do I want to go over old ground? Not at the minute, no. I like to move forward in my career and the only old ground I like to go over again is for a defeat."

Carl Froch

The WBC and IBF middleweight champion was on Ringside for the first time since his controversial win on November 23.

Groves has demanded a rematch after being stopped in the ninth round of their contest and promoter Eddie Hearn has even admitted he - as a fan - wants to see a second showdown.

But the final decision falls to 36-year-old Froch and he all but ruled it out.

"I defended my title against a mandatory. I beat an unbeaten fighter, a hungry, ambitious fighter who came to try and win the fight - and winning with a technical knockout in the ninth round is a great result," he said.

"Do I want to go over old ground? Not at the minute, no.

"I like to move forward in my career and the only old ground I like to go over again is for a defeat.

"It was nice to avenge the Mikkel Kessler defeat, it would be nice to avenge the Andre Ward defeat if that can possibly be made."
Opinions

Promoter Hearn revealed he has been in America discussing possible fights with Ward, Gennady Golovkin and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Groves - Foster made terrible decision

Froch himself ruled out a match-up with former mandatory but now light-heavyweight star Adonis Stevenson, but although he knows there is still public demand to see him and Groves go at it again, he believes the interest is fading.

"It's a 50-50 split right now and the longer the time goes and the longer people watch the fight, opinions are changing a lot," he added.

"Like Eddie said, I have got a lot of options.

"I am going to enjoy a wonderful Christmas with my beautiful family, then I am going to make a decision - and I decide who I am going to fight.

"If I decide to fight again I am going to make the correct decision based on where I want to go forward.

"I will speak to Eddie, my trainer Rob McCracken and my family and then I will make the decision based on what I feel is right for me - and everyone else."
From sky sports

:comeon:
Well, he doesn't have to defend his IBF title anytime soon and Groves was his mandatory so he should be good to go for a super fight......PLEASE let it be Bernard Hopkins so he can school this clown :ohlawd:

-Stevenson-Froch don't sound bad, but Stevenson-Kovalev sounds like heaven

-Froch-Kessler III sounds all but dead in the water

-Ward-Froch II, Froch don't really want that rematch, considering both guy's recent performances and Froch's demand that he dictate the terms of the bout

-Hopkins-Froch is the fight, both have satisfied their mandatory bouts, Hopkins loves to travel, no cold war in the way......both guys are draws....unless the Cobra Commander is scared of G.I. Bro :youngsabo:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
They should just have like a platinum,gold,silver division champ then. Once you become silver champ you can move up to the gold "league" and have the #2-3 guys fight for the vacated title, same with the gold division. You could have the silver division open to all boxers(or top 100), the gold could be top 21 down to 11 then platinum would basically be the top 10 ranked fighter in each division. Each belt could do this too. While it would still be some issues at least it doesnt sound as stupid as having 2 guys with essentially the same title.
I agree. Some guys (like Teddy Atlas) have been promoting this. It isn't perfect, but it is the best ranking system currently out there (along with BoxRec).
You have one champion - the true lineal champ and rankings (these are based upon panel members), to rank the fighters after that. Want to move up? Beat a fighter ahead of you or face tough challengers. Want to be the champ, fight the champion. :salute:

Now for the ranking below the champ, it isn't perfect and it certainly throws personal opinion into the mix. But an educated panel (like they are planning with College Football Playoffs) is certainly better than the disgusting governing bodies. Or maybe throw in some sort of ranking system like BoxRec with fighter rankings based on a point system that has similar rewards.
Odds of it happening are zero, since the governing bodies have political power and will protect their money.
But we can dream....http://www.tbrb.org/all-rankings/

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Don't call the Champ out...Don't wish for something you don't want:smugbiden:

#swiftset :demonic:

:banderas:

This fight needs not to happen Garcia will slaughter, he already fells he has no worries, and Brone has shown he fears it, bad enough Garcia is the better skilled fighter(aside from D), that mental battle is the battle that win the fights.......

:demonic:

Can't wait:banderas:

SuikodenII

Daps
http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/6739/jennings-fight-shifted-to-jan-25

Heavyweight hopeful Bryant Jennings, whom HBO wants to begin featuring now that he has signed with promoter Gary Shaw, was initially slated to fight Jan. 18 in Montreal on the Jean Pascal-Lucian Bute undercard.

However, Jennings’ fight has been shifted one week later to Jan. 25 to the Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York, where he will fight on Top Rank’s HBO card, which is supposed to be headlined by junior lightweight titlist Mikey Garcia’s first defense.

Arum said the network came to him and asked to slot the Jennings fight on his card.

“They want me to put him on, which is fine with me. What the hell do I care. They’re paying for it and they assure me he will facing a decent opponent,” Arum said.

Arum said that the leading candidate to face Jennings (17-0, 9 KOs), 29, of Philadelphia, is Artur Szpilka (16-0, 12 KOs), 24, of Poland.

American fight fans got a good look at Szpilka last year when he engaged in two all-out slugfests with Mike Mollo on ESPN's “Friday Night Fights,” winning both by knockout.

Arum said Garcia’s opponent in the main event is likely to be former title challenger Juan Carlos Burgos.

“We’re trying to get that done,” Arum said. “I don’t see any impediment.”

A third fight will also be added to the card. If Top Rank wins this weekend’s purse bid for the fight between lightweight titlist Ricky Burns and Terence Crawford, Arum said that fight would go on the card as the co-feature.
Arum coming out SWINGING in '14 :leon: