Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I'm not saying Khan isn't gonna lose. I said before I see khan, at BEST, winning 4 rounds. More than likely, Floyd is gonna win 117-111 or KO khan. However, Canelo and Ghost combined won, what, 2 or 3 rounds? Khan should put up a better fight for our entertainment purposes which is all I care about...my money lol
I see it different :yeshrug:

Typical Floyd domination until he stops him.
I

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/broner-only-mayweather-ward-ahead-me--72375
By Edward Chaykovsky

WBA welterweight champion Adrien Broner (27-0, 22KOs) has proclaimed himself as the number three pound-for-pound fighter in the sport. Broner names Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Andre Ward as being the only two fighters ahead of him in the pound-for-pound rankings.
Broner will return on December 14th at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas - where he will defend his title against mandatory challenger Marcos Maidana (34-3, 31KOs).

"I’ll say I’m top five. Easy. I’ll even name them. I’ll even name them. You’ve got number one is—I’ve got to pay homage to my big brother Floyd Mayweather, because he’s still in the game. But, number two, I’ve got to give honestly and I’ve sat and thought about this, but I honestly got to give it to Andre Ward. For the simple fact of what he’s done in boxing and a lot of guys, they don’t give them no credit.... after everybody he beat and I’m just telling the truth. But as number three, I have to say Adrien Broner. As number four, I have to say Adrien Broner; and number five, I have to say Adrien Broner; that’s how I see it," Broner said.

Thoughts?

I personally don't quite know how to do P4P, I simply choose to only do rankings by weight class but.....is #3 a bit high? Is top 5 a stretch?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He doesnt deserve it but its Floyd...he only fights whoever he can be paid most to fight.:manny:

I dont like it but who else could he fight thats gonna be PPV worthy?

and there lies a problem...floyd is of the mindstate that he can sell a PPV regardless of who he's fighting..he overstates his ppv importance...he is a ppv draw but he's not that draw...only boxer to sell PPVs regardless of who he faced is Tyson...he should've learned that lesson with the guerrero fight..all that damn cross promotion they gave it and not even the casuals and stans were talking about it before nor after..it flopped considerably..floyd needs to understand that there are some opponents better suited for him fighting on regular showtime (your khans, your alexanders, etc etc) and not on a 75 dollar PPV...it also doesnt help his case that he has the one cat who's also a PPV draw and has been linked for the past 5 years still lingering around in the same division that he's never faced

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
GBP will stack that card N it'll do Guerrero numbers....which is better then any other fighter right now

We goin act like DLH didn't fight Javier Castiello or Sturm who nobody knew on PPV

As far as About Biscuits #3 P4P :russ: nikka is delirious

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
GBP will stack that card N it'll do Guerrero numbers....which is better then any other fighter right now

As far as About Biscuits #3 P4P :russ: nikka is delirious

AB = About Belts......tell Dannyboy we still might be interested in that "Green" one:birdman:

#BandCamp

:ohlawd:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
danny on the floyd undercard gonna sell it. Then Danny take floyd september.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:scusthov: at that no heart coke sniffer joe c making the HOF before hamed
:whoa: Just cause Nas is getting fukked doesn't mean you gotta throw dirt on Joe. Joe was undisputed champ and beat a 'washed' Hopkins (How is a guy washed when he's still fighting and beating top guys 5 years later?)

so did jermain taylor :russ:..is he going to the HOF? lol
Taylor was a real talent man. It's too bad his cardio is shyt and his chin went south cause he should've been a lot better than he was. That being said, Joe landing more punches than any body else ever vs. Hopkins > Those 2 struggle decisions.

SuikodenII

Daps
:whoa: Just cause Nas is getting fukked doesn't mean you gotta throw dirt on Joe. Joe was undisputed champ and beat a 'washed' Hopkins (How is a guy washed when he's still fighting and beating top guys 5 years later?)

Taylor was a real talent man. It's too bad his cardio is shyt and his chin went south cause he should've been a lot better than he was. That being said, Joe landing more punches than any body else ever vs. Hopkins > Those 2 struggle decisions.
Taylor was big headed and lazy, per Manny Steward. A focused JT would've reigned over Middleweight, probably till today...

...good point about Hopkins though nobody wanna hear all that :mjpls:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Again, I'm not much for p4p, where is Broner in your opinion at 147?
That is why Broner is so interesting. Right now if I ranked fighters at 147 I probably would go:
1. Mayweather
2. Bradley
3. Marquez
4. Pacquiao
5. Broner

And I could see someone justifiably putting Broner lower than 5, Guerrero, Alexander, and even Maidana have done more than Broner. But Broner has so much potential, that a lot of his ranking is based on that vs his actual accomplishments. One could easily see him after a few fights at 147 being the number 2 guy there. He just needs to take all the talent we see that he has and continue to apply it against good opponents.

SuikodenII

Daps
That is why Broner is so interesting. Right now if I ranked fighters at 147 I probably would go:
1. Mayweather
2. Bradley
3. Marquez
4. Pacquiao
5. Broner

And I could see someone justifiably putting Broner lower than 5, Guerrero, Alexander, and even Maidana have done more than Broner. But Broner has so much potential, that a lot of his ranking is based on that vs his actual accomplishments. One could easily see him after a few fights at 147 being the number 2 guy there. He just needs to take all the talent we see that he has and continue to apply it against good opponents.
We have the same top 4, only I got Devon at #5 and Broner at #6

In the next two weeks though, everything might change :wow:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
We have the same top 4, only I got Devon at #5 and Broner at #6

In the next two weeks though, everything might change :wow:
I agree. Devon probably deserves to be higher than Broner in that Devon has accomplished more at any weight level so far in his career than Broner has.
On the flipside, Broner appears to be physically and skillwise more talented with a higher ceiling. We will see how he does when he starts getting tough fights like Devon has already been in.