Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
that hand speed troubled julio diaz alot init :comeon:

mayweather adjusts in round 3 and wins easy when he taps khans chin with a counter left hook

Floyd struggled with Cotto...Trout destroyed Cotto...Canelo whooped Trouts ass...Floyd made Canelo look like an amateur

I say all that to say this...styles make fights. Khan will be more competitive than Guerrero and Canelo just like Judah was.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
it would be entertainment for the cats in here who don't like khan im sure..you can't even reason why khan should get a shot like this...he struggled with Julio Diaz in his last fight :mindblown:..this is a result of years of politics and BS...a fight like this on PPV :scusthov:..nah :camby:

He doesnt deserve it but its Floyd...he only fights whoever he can be paid most to fight.:manny:

I dont like it but who else could he fight thats gonna be PPV worthy?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Broner vs Pacquiao should happen so AB can send Manny into retirement

#BandCamp

:blessed:

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
Floyd struggled with Cotto...Trout destroyed Cotto...Canelo whooped Trouts ass...Floyd made Canelo look like an amateur

I say all that to say this...styles make fights. Khan will be more competitive than Guerrero and Canelo just like Judah was.

I don't know if struggle is the appropriate description of what happened. Cotto was tough and didn't quit but you would be hard pressed to give Miguel even 1 or 2 rounds in that fight

Con will be embarrassed if he steps in the ring with Floyd

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Even if the numbers are legit, it's still a dip from his normal standard. Floyd fought a virtual unknown in Guerrero and pulled in I think 1.1 Million. I don't think Pac vs Bradley even cracks 600K buys to be honest.
This has been the running joke is that Showtime and GB have been selling the May-Guerrero PPV as 1 million + buys, but every respectable journalist has reported that the fight is a struggle 875k buy PPV.
They're not really harming anyone buy "lying" about their numbers...I think just disappointed they couldn't immediately start touting how great signing Floyd was to that huge deal and have a middling PPV.

I don't know if struggle is the appropriate description of what happened. Cotto was tough and didn't quit but you would be hard pressed to give Miguel even 1 or 2 rounds in that fight

Con will be embarrassed if he steps in the ring with Floyd
Completely agree, although I had it 9-3 for Floyd. I felt Floyd dominated Cotto more than Trout did. My scorecard for Cotto-Trout was closer than May-Cotto.
To add in other things, I thought Floyd caught most of Cotto's punches and still thought Floyd looked a little defensively sloppy with Roger training him, but Floyd also hurt Cotto in the 12th, something Trout never did.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
wheres that black fakkit fat jesus at. Manny is done u cornball fukk boy. :laff:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
So we gonna act like Floyd vs Khan ain't gonna be better than Floyd's last 2 fights? :usure:

At least Khan is gonna bother Floyd with his hand and foot speed.....Guerrero and Canelo were sparring partners for Floyd. I think they COMBINED to win about 2 or 3 rounds out of 24:snoop:

Khan is gonna have a better performance against Floyd than those 2.

:what:

Floyd will stop him.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
i cant think of a shyttier fight than khan vs mayweather :laff:

if that shyt breaks 500k itd be a miracle.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:what:

Floyd will stop him.

Doesn't mean Khan won't be more competitive than Guerrero and Canelo were.

Those fights were absolute domination by Floyd from Rd 1 thru 12. At least against Khan, he will have to adjust to his speed....he didn't have to adjust to anything with Ghost and Canelo

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Doesn't mean Khan won't be more competitive than Guerrero and Canelo were.

Those fights were absolute domination by Floyd from Rd 1 thru 12. At least against Khan, he will have to adjust to his speed....he didn't have to adjust to anything with Ghost and Canelo

I see it different :yeshrug:

Typical Floyd domination until he stops him.

I might go on record and say this shyt is going to look like Floyd/Gatti, that handspeed doesn't mean shyt if you can't land.

edit not comparing Gatti to Khan but he will receive a similar ass whoopin'