Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Stevenson is #2 and Floyd #3.
Nobody want's to fight Ruslan now--and tim beat him fighting concussed. Then he beat #3-5 p4p depending on who you ask. C'mon breh
There wasn't shyt impressive about his win over JMM and I still say he lost to Provodnikov.
The Fighter of the Year should be impressive...Tim Bradley is the opposite of impressive.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
There wasn't shyt impressive about his win over JMM and I still say he lost to Provodnikov.
The Fighter of the Year should be impressive...Tim Bradley is the opposite of impressive.
Ehhh I'm going to agree to disagree here breh, it is what it is

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

#2 ranked Strawweight Xiong Zhao Zhong vs. Lookrak Kiatmungmee

Umm...it was short notice. I'm sure he'll face an actual contender next bout :lupe:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
This Bradley aint do shyt yet, I wont overrate him until he beats Prov, although he dominated a 40 year old JMM, prov beat the ever loving shyt out of him and owns his soul, like I've stated before there should have been multiple 10 8 rounds, excluding the missed knockdown calls.....

FOTY toss up between Floyd and Swift, they were dominating at the highest of high levels no easy touches, fukk a Stevenson or Bradley in regards to fighter of the year discussion....

SN:Stevenson is food, he's very susceptible when throwing ala Bradley, he'll get his when he faces a banger. He is very smart to look the BHOP, Froch route rather than Kovalev. shyt I'd favor him vs Ward because of Wards lack of Power but Stevenson needs to stay away from power.................

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

I agree with you on Timmy not being Fighter of the Year. No one..I mean no one expected Bradley-Provodnikov to play out like it did. If it can survive these next 2 weekends it will no doubt be the Fight of the Year for 2013. However this fight was not a good look for Timmy. People are basing Timmy being FOTY for this fight off hindsight since Ruslan is panning out. But around the time of this fight pretty much it was expected Timmy outboxes and/or outstinks to a wide win. Not a close classic slugfest a mean ebb and flow in which he barely survived. If anything that fight would be a better argument for Ruslan. However I do disagree with you on the quality of his win over JMM. I thought it was a good win and I give him props for that which is saying something because I'm not a Bradley fan but I don't think that fight alone was enough for Fighter of the Year honors.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I agree with you on Timmy not being Fighter of the Year. No one..I mean no one expected Bradley-Provodnikov to play out like it did. If it can survive these next 2 weekends it will no doubt be the Fight of the Year for 2013. However this fight was not a good look for Timmy. People are basing Timmy being FOTY for this fight off hindsight since Ruslan is panning out. But around the time of this fight pretty much it was expected Timmy outboxes and/or outstinks to a wide win. Not a close classic slugfest a mean ebb and flow in which he barely survived. If anything that fight would be a better argument for Ruslan. However I do disagree with you on the quality of his win over JMM. I thought it was a good win and I give him props for that which is saying something because I'm not a Bradley fan but I don't think that fight alone was enough for Fighter of the Year honors.
Not to mention he dragged up Prov a division, Bradley bytch ass was even trying to drag up Gamboa 147, he clearly was partaking cherry picking at it's finest post Manny, only to turn around and receive a biblical ass whipping

Watching recently Bradley should be ashamed to walk out with that win, If I was Bradley I would have much rather a loss there:scusthov:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That win over JMM was a nice win for Bradley's resume because it was against a future HOFer and all but he fought a risk averse fight and did just enough to win.
It wasn't even a blow out or anything...officially he got a split decision and most people had it scored 115-113. He is just awful and watching him fight is fukking painful.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
That win over JMM was a nice win for Bradley's resume because it was against a future HOFer and all but he fought a risk averse fight and did just enough to win.
It wasn't even a blow out or anything...officially he got a split decision and most people had it scored 115-113. He is just awful and watching him fight is fukking painful.
Agrees but he blew out JMM clearly, it may have been ugly but Timmy won no less than 9 rounds

SuikodenII

Daps
Adonis Stevenson is the fighter of the year to me...

4 fights
4 knockouts

1st was against the guy who ko'd him, dominated him
2nd was against the 175 kingpin Chad Dawson in 1 round
3rd was against hard punching bruiser Tavoris Cloud and made it look easy, whom never been stopped
4th was against tough hard punching Tony Bellew and made it look easy, whom never been stopped

Sergey Kovalev could conceivably be argued as well, since he did the same, except against opposition not as impressive as Stevenson, though not scrubs neither...I put Gennady Golovkin in the same category as Kovalev.

Floyd Mayweather Jr., of course, could also be deemed fighter of the year, coming back after a year of inactivity and reestablishing his 147 dominance and then taking out the #1 154 fighter in the world and took the top spot in two weight classes. And both were blowout victories against competitive guys. RG and Canelo are championship caliber fighters, hands down.

Timothy Bradley...well we can't deny he had the fight of the year against Ruslan...the same Provodnikov who just dusted off Alvarado...thought many believe he could have simply outboxed Ruslan had he stayed with the jab on the outside but instead CHOSE to fight. Thing is, I'm not sure how true that is. It's convenient since we've seen Ruslan get outboxed by Herrera but, Ruslan this year has been a totally different beast then I remember ever seeing....and we can thank Freddie Roach for that. Roach picked Ruslan up in 2012 and he's been World War Hulk ever since. With that in mind, Herrera fought a Ruslan Provodnikov who had yet not reached his full potential, and it took a good trainer to bring that out of him. Bradley then goes on to outbox Marquez, thought not as dominant as Mayweather, more dominant than Manny ever had, I think that deserves some sort of appreciation. Thing is, I can't put Ruslan and Marquez over Guerrero and Alvarez.

Danny Garcia......fukk that nikka mayne :to:
All jokes aside, he clearly defeated Judah, though stumbled a bit at the end, but Judah is a tough opponent when his mind is up to it. I mean, Judah's still a win away from a title shot at either 147 or 140. Then there's that one bout where Matthysse's eye worked against him due to an allergic reaction to these :steviej: heauxs :steviej: he was getting in Vegas and that's the end of the story :birdman:

Mikey Garcia DOMINATED Orlando Salido, who at the time was viewed as the top guy at 126. The only other guys I can remember in recent memory that did that was JMM and Gamboa, and he looked better than both of those guys IMHO. He then misses weight and still dispatches Lopez in an unsurprising outcome and moves up to stop Rocky Martinez to acquire a 2nd belt in his 2nd weight class. He was knocked down, though not hurt, and did miss weight, though forgiven as it was seen as a one time thing, it's up to you to see those things as negatives because other than that he's been incredible.

Jhonny "GAWD" Gonzalez
1st round knockout of Abner Mares......nothing else needeth be said :wow:

Guillermo Rigondeaux
...beat that overrated power puncher filipino flash, got knocked near the end and almost stopped Donaire in the 12th and got no love, but he's about to remind people what his name is this weekend against volume punching Joseph Agbeko.

Winner of Akira Yaegashi/Edgar Sosa deserves a mention, but their names don't carry much weight since, well, most fighters beneath 118 usually don't, but these two fighters have defeated some good fighters and are facing one another in a couple days.....Juan Francisco Estrada is still the king with victories over Brian Viloria and then undefeated Milan Melindo...Chocalito don't want that rematch :banderas:

If one of these guys don't get it, I don't know what to say.......

SuikodenII

Daps
@SuikodenII lol at you putting jhonny in there
If you wanna continue to get piff delivered daily on a timely fashion then maybe your best course...

75146-Breaking-Bad-tread-lightly-gif-NquQ.gif