Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yo moms

drunk
Daps

#4 ranked Welterweight Manny Pacquiao vs. #5 ranked Junior Welterweight Brandon Rios (fighting at 147)

Rios-Ortiz is more interesting than ever. Manny-Floyd still sounds good to me, but we'll see, I'm just glad he's back in the winning column.

It's down :damn:

Anyone got a good link?

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
brandon rios gettin emotional in post fight interview. face is all disfigured. manny must still have some good pop left. credit to rios for being able to stand up through all that shyt. am I the only one that still wants to see rios vs ortiz?....too much bad blood for it to not happen. I could see it being fight of the year easy.

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-brandon-rios-gets-emotional-wake-loss--72050

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:dj2::stylin:

#swiftset:demonic:

:blessed:

rXSNbOO.gif

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I know Manny will never return to the old form/fire he had back in 09, but I thought he looked damn good. He mostly stayed on his B+ game while showing glimpses of his A game. I thought he fought with more fire against Rios than he did against Bradley even though I still thought he dominated Timmy. He was bouncing around throwing hard combos and them shyts were landing sharp and flush. Rios got his ass kicked big in each and every round. Although I expected Manny to stop dude, he still beat the shyt out of dude and Rios has a great chin so it's whatever. If Bam Bam would have tried a lil harder he prolly would have been stopped. He was hurt several times during the bout.

Don't really care to see Manny fight Marquez or Bradley again. These round robins of fights are getting stale. I rather see Pac give Gamboa that work.

Groves got one of the worst stoppages of all time. Froch was getting his ass kicked from pillar to post. nikka got hit with the Zeus thunderbolt in the 1st round.:pachaha:

Ward is really fukking up his career, cuz people keep popping up and out doing him against his best opponents. Stevenson ko'ed Dawson at his natural weight and did it early. Now Groves bytch smacked Froch all around the ring until the ref tag teamed himself in and held dude so Froch can get off 2 more hits and get a gift stoppage.

Ward let Froch take Bute's lunch money and instead of rematching Froch overseas and getting an easy pay day, he lets dude get thrashed by an unknown.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ward is really fukking up his career, cuz people keep popping up and out doing him against his best opponents. Stevenson ko'ed Dawson at his natural weight and did it early. Now Groves bytch smacked Froch all around the ring until the ref tag teamed himself in and held dude so Froch can get off 2 more hits and get a gift stoppage.

You know boxing does not work like that & that every fight is different.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
You know boxing does not work like that & that every fight is different.

Of course, but the fact remains, Ward is better than Stevenson and Groves and didn't look as dominate as them against common opponents. Styles make fights and all that other shyt, but bottom line is Ward's biggest wins don't look all that great anymore. He's still a great p4p boxer, but his resume ain't all that, especially since every other month someone comes along and upstages his performances. Some will agree and some will disagree.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes and stops Rodriquez in his next fight. :russ:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Of course, but the fact remains, Ward is better than Stevenson and Groves and didn't look as dominate as them against common opponents. Styles make fights and all that other shyt, but bottom line is Ward's biggest wins don't look all that great anymore. He's still a great p4p boxer, but his resume ain't all that, especially since every other month someone comes along and upstages his performances. Some will agree and some will disagree.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes and stops Rodriquez in his next fight. :russ:
This.......................

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm the type of a guy that is more of a fan of the sport as opposed to individual fighters, so it's hard for me to come in a thread like this because you guys let personal bias get in the way of logic.

Where is the logic?

Stevenson has KO power. Ward does not have KO power. Therefore, Stevenson is more likely to get a KO than someone like Ward. Wow that was hard to put together. Ward dominated Dawson so bad you could argue Dawson wasn't gonna be the same after that beating. Ward knocked Dawson down 3 times.

Ward beats Froch every round with one hand. Froch gets a victory over Groves.

Ward basically won every round against both fighters mentioned. That's what he does.

You try to pick apart his resume. You could pick a part ANY fighters resume if you wanted to. He's beat the best available guys at 168.

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I'm the type of a guy that is more of a fan of the sport as opposed to individual fighters, so it's hard for me to come in a thread like this because you guys let personal bias get in the way of logic.

Where is the logic?

Stevenson has KO power. Ward does not have KO power. Therefore, Stevenson is more likely to get a KO than someone like Ward. Wow that was hard to put together.

Ward beats Froch every round with one hand. Froch gets a victory over Groves.

Ward basically won every round against both fighters mentioned. That's what he does.

You try to pick apart his resume. You could pick a part ANY fighters resume if you wanted to. He's beat the best available guys at 168.

:childplease:

So saying that a boxer's biggest wins aren't that big anymore since someone else less experienced came along an did it better right afterwards is picking a part someones resume.

I still gave dude his props and said he's still a great p4p boxer, but that wasn't enough for you. Ward just don't know what he wants to be. He wants to be bigger and make more money, but he's not going out of his way to make this happen. A guy like Abner Mares with no gold medal wins a showtime tournament just like Ward and actually goes on to still fight good opponents after that (Moreno, Ponce De Leon) Yeah he lost to a known chinny puncher, but the fact he fought and beat so many different styles at the world class level says something. Ward isn't active enough and he's only getting older. Dude needs some more meaningful fights. I don't think anybody would disagree with that.

No bias over here breh

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:childplease:

So saying that a boxer's biggest wins aren't that big anymore since someone else less experienced came along an did it better right afterwards is picking a part someones resume.

I still gave dude his props and said he's still a great p4p boxer, but that wasn't enough for you. Ward just don't know what he wants to be. He wants to be bigger and make more money, but he's not going out of his way to make this happen. A guy like Abner Mares with no gold medal wins a showtime tournament just like Ward and actually goes on to still fight good opponents after that (Moreno, Ponce De Leon) Yeah he lost to a known chinny puncher, but the fact he fought and beat so many different styles at the world class level says something. Ward isn't active enough and he's only getting older. Dude needs some more meaningful fights. I don't think anybody would disagree with that.

No bias over here breh

Boxing has always been about timing. What matters is the particular time they beat them. Fighters fall off all the time.

This is like saying Chavez win over an undefeated Meldrick Taylor wasn't shiit because Terry Norris did it more impressively 2 years later. So now Meldrick Taylor wasn't a big win by your logic because someone less experienced came along & did it better. Niigga it doesn't work that way.

None of that type of shiit works when it comes to boxing. It's the same shiit when I read someone says Boxer A beat Boxer B, Boxer B beat Boxer C, therefore Boxer A should beat Boxer C. That shiit doesn't work & I read shiit like that when I lurk here.

At the end of the day every fight is different.

As far as Ward wanting to be a bigger star, he's gonna have to make that shiit happen himself. You are not gonna get exposure sitting in the house. When Mayweather wanted to become a draw, he made that shiit happen by doing dancing with the stars, wwe, chasing oscar, etc. Ward's gotta make shiit happen

Last edited: