Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Warshould have fought bute when he had the chance

Team Ward definitely dropped the ball on this one. I believe this is one of those cases where his team didn't "like" that fight, even though I felt he would have beat him anyway. Team Ward is very business like & cautious when selecting opponents. I believe they were holding off on Bute until he showed some weaknesses, but didn't expect Froch to dominate him like that. This is why fights have to be made when the fight is hot.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am gonna just say it like this. The networks, promoters, manager, advisors, etc...are mostly responsible for putting fights together. The fighter does have more power than what people think though.

Bernard knows he is not a huge draw but he tries to stay active. He will fight a guy when he sees weakness. Taylor beat B-Hop twice then loses to Pavlik twice....what did B-Hop do? Jumped all over the Pavlik fight. Same thing with Dawson-Pascal. So B-Hop is a minor way got vindications from his losses to Taylor and Dawson.

Ward waits too long or lets other fights slip through his hands. He needed Bute. He shouldve been all over Froch after the last Kessler fight. I'd been all over Stevenson because I think Stevenson wouldve still campaigned at 168 had he lost to Dawson, so saying Stevenson is a full fledge LHW is not a valid excuse. What...Ward dont wanna weigh in at 172?? Nah, that aint it. He has to have every single advantage he can muster. I aint hating on him for doing that...but he cant expect to go down in history as a GOAT with those tactics. Neither can he expect the money to flow his direction.

He needs to stay busy and try and make every fight he can, unless he is not confident in his abilities. His career resembles RJJ is some aspects, but RJJ really didnt need to go outside the U.S. plus he fought in different weight classes.

Also, I seem to remember a couple of years back Ward said he could make 160. I dont recall who he was talking about fighting at 160 though.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Can't argue with that homie. I think think the ward hate is a little out of hand but what you said is spot on. Only thing I I don't like is the nikka thinks he is entitled to shyt.
I am gonna just say it like this. The networks, promoters, manager, advisors, etc...are mostly responsible for putting fights together. The fighter does have more power than what people think though.

Bernard knows he is not a huge draw but he tries to stay active. He will fight a guy when he sees weakness. Taylor beat B-Hop twice then loses to Pavlik twice....what did B-Hop do? Jumped all over the Pavlik fight. Same thing with Dawson-Pascal. So B-Hop is a minor way got vindications from his losses to Taylor and Dawson.

Ward waits too long or lets other fights slip through his hands. He needed Bute. He shouldve been all over Froch after the last Kessler fight. I'd been all over Stevenson because I think Stevenson wouldve still campaigned at 168 had he lost to Dawson, so saying Stevenson is a full fledge LHW is not a valid excuse. What...Ward dont wanna weigh in at 172?? Nah, that aint it. He has to have every single advantage he can muster. I aint hating on him for doing that...but he cant expect to go down in history as a GOAT with those tactics. Neither can he expect the money to flow his direction.

He needs to stay busy and try and make every fight he can, unless he is not confident in his abilities. His career resembles RJJ is some aspects, but RJJ really didnt need to go outside the U.S. plus he fought in different weight classes.

Also, I seem to remember a couple of years back Ward said he could make 160. I dont recall who he was talking about fighting at 160 though.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

He stopped that 160 talk when Sergio offered to meet him at 164, and Ward ducked...........................

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't argue with that homie. I think think the ward hate is a little out of hand but what you said is spot on. Only thing I I don't like is the nikka thinks he is entitled to shyt.

I dont hate him at all. Truth is....he turned me off a lot with the holy talk because for some reason he seems like a cut-throat nikka you gotta keep your eye on. :patrice:
thats me personally though.

no bias. I picked him or Dirrell to win the Super 6. I think he is a wonderful talent. I just think he needs better P.R. Maybe he doesnt want more money or fame, maybe he is content with his career the way it is going.

If he really embraces the holiness...he could be the next Holyfield. My criticism of him has nothing to do with him inside of the ring....I just dont like his marketing campaign. From the questions about testing to saying "Rodriguez was the guy that most people wanted to see me fight." He gets annoying because its like he always has a cop-out.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
He stopped that 160 talk when Sergio offered to meet him at 164, and Ward ducked...........................

He needs to hop on that shyt now, thats the biggest payday he could get.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why I have a lot of respect for what Victor Ortiz is currently doing. Regardless of what you think of him as a fighter, this man actually wants to be a star. Look at the shiit he's doing. He's been on dancing with the stars. He's in the next Expendables. I just recently saw him on fox sports talking about sports. What other boxer is doing this? Because Victor isn't an elite guy he'll never really be a ppv fighter, but at least he's trying. He has a really good team.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
This is why I have a lot of respect for what Victor Ortiz is currently doing. Regardless of what you think of him as a fighter, this man actually wants to be a star. Look at the shiit he's doing. He's been on dancing with the stars. He's in the next Expendables. I just recently saw him on fox sports talking about sports. What other boxer is doing this? Because Victor isn't an elite guy he'll never really be a ppv fighter, but at least he's trying. He has a really good team.

victor can be an elite guy...he has the physical tools to get it done but mentally he doesn't..he's hot and cold

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
victor can be an elite guy...he has the physical tools to get it done but mentally he doesn't..he's hot and cold

Victor is extremely talented. Very entertaining. Power in both hands. Good boxing ability. The problem as I said before, I can see beating OR losing to anyone. I can see this guy beating someone he has no business beating & then turn around & lose to a guy that has a record of 5 wins - 20 loses.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Latest from Freddie Roach :beli:

"I would like the rematch [with Marquez], but Mayweather...he has a big contract with four fights left on it. And they can't fulfill that contract without fighting Manny Pacquiao. They are talking about Amir Khan, but he has no pay-per-view audience. To make the money to pay the contract [they need Pacquiao], that's why they had to go with Canelo so quick, because the first fight [with Robert Guerrero] lost so much money. I really hope that Bob [Arum] makes that fight happen for us. Obviously Golden Boy and Top Rank would have to do business with each other. It won't be the last time. Todd [duBoef] has a bit of a relationship with the other company. We need this fight for the sport of boxing and we need it now," Roach said in an interview posted on BoxingScene.com.