Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah and Hopkins just had the highest rated card on Showtime all this year.

Actually that title like many others belongs to Broner
VazvX6c.png

#bandcamp :stylin:

@SuikodenII with Koki Kameda winning is Moreno guaranteed to be his next fight?

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Actually that title like many others belongs to Broner
VazvX6c.png

#bandcamp :stylin:

@SuikodenII with Koki Kameda winning is Moreno guaranteed to be his next fight?
Yep, purse bid on Dec. 10 if no deal can be made between the two camps. Koki bout to be dethroned or Moreno gonna be robbed........

-Jeff Lacy returns 11/30 :why:

-Peterson/Jean 1/25 :ehh:

-Fury/Wilder 2/8 is close :lupe:

-Cruiserweight Troy Ross is still MIA...........seriously, has ANYBODY heard anything about this guy since he nearly beat Hernandez? Dude is dope too :snoop:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9999376/abg-buys-muhammad-ali-estate-licensing-rights

The company that manages the licensing rights of Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley announced Tuesday that they have purchased the rights to Muhammad Ali.

Authentic Brands Group will assume all of Ali's intellectual property, including what it says is the largest library of photos and videos of the boxer.

It also includes trademarks owned by the Ali estate including "Float Like A Butterfly, Sting Like A Bee," "Thrilla In Manila" and "Greatest Of All Time."

"We bought this partly because of who Ali was as a sportsman and partly because of who Ali is as a humanitarian," said Nick Woodhouse, president and chief marketing officer of ABG.

The company will manage Ali's brand along with the Ali family and Joel Weinshanker, chairman and founder of the National Entertainment Collectibles Association.

Woodhouse said his company would look for new partners based on Ali's six core principles: confidence, conviction, dedication, giving, respect and spirituality.

Terms of the sale by Core Media Group, which owns the rights to "American Idol," were not disclosed.

There are currently about 40 main brands that have licensed the rights to Ali, including New Era Cap, American Greetings, H&M, Dolce & Gabbana and adidas.

ABG owns other sports brands including Spyder, Prince, Ektelon and TapouT.

Family still involved, but no specific details or plans with the future of the brand.......

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Virgil got a video on Fight Hype mentioning Chavez Jr

Ward got an article on NSB mentioning a Chavez Jr

Obviously it w on't be made next Chavez got a March date with Vera N I would love for Chavez to give Froch that work first BUT out of the 3 names GGG, Bhop, Jccjr... Chavez gets Ward first

froch would beat JCC jr

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It is as good as money, if WBA honors their rule, Ward is to fight Kashtanov or be stripped.....

Once the Interim champion get to mandatory status, the champ has to fight or get stripped

WBA will invoke this at the best possible time which seems now
Ward is the WBA 'Super' Champion though, not the regular champion. I'm not sure but I think the interim champ is only a mandatory for the regular champ.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Were only 4 days away and no one is talking about Pac vs Rios :dwillhuh:

Bob Arum said this would be an amazing event worth the $70 even though it's $5 in China

Do you guys not believe him :dwillhuh:

Peterson vs Dierry Jean in DC Jan 25th

Wonder if Swift goes for the winner N officially becomes undisputed:obama:

I expect Danny to accomplish that on Floyd's next PPV, then he moves up to Welterweight :blessed:

-Fury/Wilder 2/8 is close :lupe:
How close? I think it's just talk between the two to hype themselves.

Wilder isn't well known here and he won't bring in enough money for Fury to take the risk.

Fury makes the same fighting Thompson, Chisora or Tomasz :trash:Adamek

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
“@latimespugmire @TooFred from China, "@MannyPacquiao wakeup call today was provided by VADA. Manny happily gave them a deposit at 7:30 AM. #PacRios”

I guess :deadmanny: goin be too weak for Saturday:sadcam: