Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.badculture.net/bcs-prediction-can-froch-break-st-george-groves/

Posted by Jeandra LeBeauf on Monday, November 18, 2013

MANCHESTER, ENGLAND -

Carl Froch steps in the ring twice a year, period. At least that’s how it’s been the last five years with this year being no exception. When the Cobra is ready to strike, his prey will be worth the kill. But can a serpent defeat a Saint?

This year’s second ring appearance involves undefeated “Saint” George Groves challenging for the WBA and IBF super middleweight titles. The Genesis of opportunities for Groves’ world title aspirations with the hopes of many more to come while “The Cobra” lurks in the tree giving Groves a glimpse into paradise, then snatching it away to hold strong to his number two super middleweight spot (behind Andre Ward).

Background

“One thing for sure is that he’s getting beaten – he’s probably going to get knocked out. When I start hitting him on his glass jaw, he will fall over.” ~ Carl Froch

It’s been said that sometimes you have to take a step back to step forward. After his loss in the Super 6 tournament, Froch was reborn. Plowing through opponents Bute, Mack, and Kessler, Froch fought like the visual manifestation of his “Cobra” moniker by striking first, striking hard and overwhelming from the start. A “new” and improved Froch who’s is to be feared while he shimmers with the glow of invisibility.

Groves, doesn’t care about that, he’s a Saint that will fear no serpent. Of the belief that Froch is on the decline, he is on a crusade to usher him out the door and begin to lay the ground work for his own super middleweight legacy. Froch calls him naïve and rude but Groves believes he has the keys to victory in his pocket.

Well there was that one time Froch dropped him during a sparring session with bigger gloves but that’s all in the past now.

“I don’t know him as well as I knew James DeGale, but I know him well enough to tell him the truth that he has insecurities, weaknesses, he is vulnerable and I will exploit it.” ~ George Groves

With a few less miles on him than Froch (an 11 year age advantage), Groves looks to finish this fight like he finishes all of his fights: stalk, jab, right hook, upstairs. Why not? It’s a formula that’s been working for him. Far more active than Froch this year (victories against Noe Alcoba, Baker Barakat, and Dario Balmaceda) Groves wants to finish this one off early too.

There’s something they have in common, both feel the fight will end by way of knockout.

Prediction

Groves has the youth and power, Froch has the experience and cunning.

While Groves is adept at coming forward, neutralizing with a hard jab and finishing off his opponent with a paralyzing hook, that won’t be enough to get past Froch. His previous opposition stood right in front of him and didn’t make any attempt to move away from him in any other direction except backwards leaving themselves vulnerable against the ropes. Froch will take the advantage early using his lateral movement to strike first and again to counter when Groves relies on his usual combinations. The hand speed and frequency with which Froch launches his assault will confuse Groves and keep him off balance as it did against Mikkel Kessler.

Winner: Froch – 6th round TKO

Will Froch revert back to his old ways against the younger Groves? Unlikely. James DeGale is waiting in the wings watching the outcome of this fight very carefully. Then again he’s always is.

Follow me on twitter: @jethang or @theBadCulture and tune in Tuesday night for BadCulture Radio. You can access the show by clicking the “BadCulture Radio” icon.

Thoughts?...

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

Out of nowhere comes Pedro Flores to challenge the throne and give Yoko Gushiken the fight of his life. I wish I could find the entire fight, but just notice the damage on their faces, then peep the pace these two are fighting at in the 15th round! Gushiken was on his way out and he knew it, giving Flores a rematch where he got ran through and stopped in 12. Flores would not amount to much after his wars with Gushiken either attributed to great timing, great style match-ups or the two fights may have taken a heavy toll on him as well. Yoko Gushiken retires after the rematch, and hopefully enters the hall of fame one day.

:banderas:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
jesus this is really going to happen on the broner-maidana card :why:

Wow....Jermaine Taylor is washed up all the way up. He might as well just hang it up before he gets himself hurt. Watching him KOd in the tourney was :to:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Now not mentioning fighters= hiding from them :dead: He didn't mention the Wlad either, he ducking him :wow:

Yeah I'm falling for smoke and mirrors yet you are creating some mythical fighter at 168 who can shoulder roll like Toney, in fight and be dirty like a prime BHop to beat Ward. :laff:

If you honestly believe this version of BHop beats Ward that's your opinion, I don't agree. Prime BHop definitely, this version gets outworked and decisioned.

So Ward should move down to fight Martinez(which he hasn't in over how many years) yet move up at the same damn time :ohhh: Did you feel the same way about Hopkins when he reigned over 160? :mjpls:
http://www.boxingscene.com/ward-golovkin-fight-bigger-down-line--71856

The demand for a fight between undefeated champions Andre Ward and Gennady Golovkin is brewing as both men appear to be on a collision course to face each other soon. Ward is looking for a name opponent to fight after cleaning out the super middleweight division and while his eyes might be set on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and Bernard Hopkins, Golovkin is also a very viable option.

Golovkin is one of the hardest punchers in the game and has been building quite a reputation as he’s demolished every opponent put in front of him. The only thing Golovkin is missing is a big name on his resume and Ward would definitely fit the bill.

BoxingScene spoke to Ward and asked if he’s grown irritated or tired of hearing Golovkin’s name mentioned or if he’ actually looking forward to facing boxing’s newest boogeyman. Ward said he would definitely welcome the fight but feels Golovkin may not want the fight right now and their meeting would probably be bigger down the line.

“I respect Golovkin because he's a humble kid. A lot of that stuff is his trainer calling guys out. The guy that's not in the ring. It's the trainer calling guys out saying we'll fight this guy or that guy. But I don't think Golovkin wants to fight right now and I'm cool with that. I think we'll probably meet one day and it'll be a bigger affair” Ward would tell BoxingScene.

In order for the fight to happen Golovkin would need to move up to 168 pounds which his manager Tom Loeffler and trainer Abel Sanchez have been on record saying he’s willing to do.

Golovkin has quickly become an HBO staple and has looked impressive stopping every fighter he’s faced on HBO airwaves. Ward had no trouble giving GGG credit for what he’s currently doing in the ring but he won’t be as nice if they sign up to fight.

“As far as what he's doing in the ring, I'm not hating on that man. He's doing what he's supposed to do against the guys that he's fighting and I tip my hat to him. Now when we fight that'll be another story. I won't have those kind words for him if we sign the fight. But right now he's doing his thing and I take my hat off to him” said Ward.

A fight between both makes sense and if Chavez Jr or Hopkins don’t pan out, Golovkin could get the call in 2014.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/ward-golovkin-fight-bigger-down-line--71856

The demand for a fight between undefeated champions Andre Ward and Gennady Golovkin is brewing as both men appear to be on a collision course to face each other soon. Ward is looking for a name opponent to fight after cleaning out the super middleweight division and while his eyes might be set on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and Bernard Hopkins, Golovkin is also a very viable option.

Golovkin is one of the hardest punchers in the game and has been building quite a reputation as he’s demolished every opponent put in front of him. The only thing Golovkin is missing is a big name on his resume and Ward would definitely fit the bill.

BoxingScene spoke to Ward and asked if he’s grown irritated or tired of hearing Golovkin’s name mentioned or if he’ actually looking forward to facing boxing’s newest boogeyman. Ward said he would definitely welcome the fight but feels Golovkin may not want the fight right now and their meeting would probably be bigger down the line.

“I respect Golovkin because he's a humble kid. A lot of that stuff is his trainer calling guys out. The guy that's not in the ring. It's the trainer calling guys out saying we'll fight this guy or that guy. But I don't think Golovkin wants to fight right now and I'm cool with that. I think we'll probably meet one day and it'll be a bigger affair” Ward would tell BoxingScene.

In order for the fight to happen Golovkin would need to move up to 168 pounds which his manager Tom Loeffler and trainer Abel Sanchez have been on record saying he’s willing to do.

Golovkin has quickly become an HBO staple and has looked impressive stopping every fighter he’s faced on HBO airwaves. Ward had no trouble giving GGG credit for what he’s currently doing in the ring but he won’t be as nice if they sign up to fight.

“As far as what he's doing in the ring, I'm not hating on that man. He's doing what he's supposed to do against the guys that he's fighting and I tip my hat to him. Now when we fight that'll be another story. I won't have those kind words for him if we sign the fight. But right now he's doing his thing and I take my hat off to him” said Ward.

A fight between both makes sense and if Chavez Jr or Hopkins don’t pan out, Golovkin could get the call in 2014.

Say Ward is scared to mention GGG name and then make a post with Ward mentioning GGG name and also that he would fight GGG brehs

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Say Ward is scared to mention GGG name and then make a post with Ward mentioning GGG name and also that he would fight GGG brehs

I keep telling yall nikkas @Skip b is the biggest hypocrite and contradictory ass nikka on thecoli... he needs to be disciplined and shouldn't be taken seriously... :smugfavre:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Down the line, he's pump faking like a muthafukka....................

Who the fukk is Ward to dictate and advise shyt, thats as bytchmade as Bradley advising Prov to stay at 140, and Ward being a very good in all areas and not great like Bradley, he must fear a prov like beating is imminent for him...................