Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:dead: @ the boxing forum's weird YOU'RE WITH WARD OR YOU'RE WITH GGG stance

so fukk Ward

why does GGG have to move up to face Ward? Ward should skeletonize himself just like most opponents do to face him.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@ the boxing forum's weird YOU'RE WITH WARD OR YOU'RE WITH GGG stance

so fukk Ward

why does GGG have to move up to face Ward? Ward should skeletonize himself just like most opponents do to face him.

I ain't with neither fukkk em both :smugbiden:

The true champ is coming for them both:umad:
5aeebe5b58ce3b5481c18711e2c9b584.jpg

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
It's not one or the other but if I have to pick between a guy who cleared out his division and a guy who hasn't even fought the best in his division yet(and makes a lot of mistakes), it's easy money.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Anyone notice how he got his wife preggo so she would just STFU this camp ? Keep them pregnant and barefoot breh

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
brehs has ward ever been knocked down? I can't recall seeing him hurt in the last few fights I've watched. But, I could see it happening, and ward coming close to a legit SD if it did. I don't see this happening anytime soon though. Maybe if he went up to face Stevenson.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

#6 ranked Featherweight Daniel Ponce De Leon vs. Joksan Hernandez

He's now campaigning at 130, I hope he picks up a title but his best shot resides in Japan...

Last edited:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
brehs has ward ever been knocked down? I can't recall seeing him hurt in the last few fights I've watched. But, I could see it happening, and ward coming close to a legit SD if it did. I don't see this happening anytime soon though. Maybe if he went up to face Stevenson.

Go to 12:20

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
@GREENandYELLOW

I didnt say Ward is ducking anyone, I dont believe he is. At the same time...seems like he wants the big names to come to him. Them nikkas be like..."fukk for?" :what:
people said the same thing about Roy, but Roy was clearly a more gifted fighter than Ward. Ward is dominating better opposition at the same stages of their careers, but it dont mean as much because Roy played about 3 divisions then did a HW fight. Ward still needs a Toney on his resume. Winning the Super 6 was cool but I actually picked Ward or Dirrell to win it. So, eventhough Abraham and Kessler were favorites, it was only because of their names. Otherwise they shouldnt have been.
Nah, I don't think you believe Ward is ducking anyone. Right now I think Ward is caught up in a couple things that aren't his own doing, so I don't have a fire lit under him yet to go out and get aggressive making fights. The SM division is strong in depth, but lacks the top talent at the top. That is why I think a lot of people are looking at him and asking what is at 160/175. Luckily for him most the talent from 160-175 is all available for him to fight (not under GBP).
The weird thing is, I honestly don't know what Ward's best option is. The guys at 160 have a lot of unfinished business to take care of and all the key players look as if 160 is their prime weight (except maybe Sergio's whose was 154-157). There is a lot of talent and no need for them to move up.
Looking at 168, Ward has done about all he can do. Sure a Froch rematch would be nice, but I don't see anyone except hard core boxing fans really clamoring for it. Even though most think Ward decisions Froch in another fairly cautious fight, it would put 1 vs 2 in the division on display again.
Maybe the Dirrell bros? They bring interest to us hardcore fans because we know they are talented and wouldn't be a cherry picked fight.
Chavez is definitely the name brand networks want...but looking doubtful. DiBella doesn't want it and if JCC goes to TMT, I doubt it.

Really, is starting to look like Ward needs to start considering more of moving up or catch weights (not 168) vs LHW opponents.
HBO really is trying to set up the Stevenson-Kovalev fight for sometime next year, assuming they both win on their shared card. I would love to see Ward fight the winner of that fight. The other guy would be the naturally bigger man and much harder puncher. But Ward's boxing skills are amazing and it would be great to see if Ward could neutralize a bigger, stronger fighter, like Floyd with his boxing skills.

But I think we all get the feeling that Ward isn't eager to move up to 175 and wants to stay at 168. And that leaves us with the deep, but not world beating talent currently there.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Bute aint shyt and will be worth even less if he loses to Pascal. if he beats Pascal....then he has bigger reward fights with same or less risk than Ward. Ward is gonna have to learn he cant dictate shyt forever. Also, he is making bad P.R. moves by not openly championing for testing as he should be. He should be following Money's program and that would give him some notoriety in itself. him not doing so may not mean much now but could be magnified as his career goes on.
Nonito may want to reconsider being known as the cleanest guy in the sport. Looking like he needs the juice. :russ:

I agree though, of all guys who looks, acts, and should champion the part of drug testing - Ward is in the few at the top of the list.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
I think the real question is, who does Ward fight next? JCCjr?

i really think if froch gets by groves, hbo can make the rematch with him and ward happen in the UK. i don't mind it :manny:

stigiltiz (wbo champ) is an option but i can't see hbo coming out the pocket for this shyt.

the jcc jr fight would have happened already if ward was with top rank, im curious when wards contract with goosen is over. 175 is calling ward, aint too much left for ward there. 2014 he gotta make that move up.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

Go to 12:20

Yeah back then is when I was still on the fence about dude but he won me over during that Super Middle Tourny.

And @Skip b Ward has had random blood testing during the Super Middle tourny against Green and wanted to have it done against Froch but they couldn't due to Froch's camp being overseas so stop with that he is dirty non sense. shyt is just making you look more like a hater.

SOG :rambo:

:umad:

Daps
http://itrboxing.com/threads/breaking-down-manny-pacquiao-vs-brandon-rios.2162/
link of my views on PPV card this weekend
WELTERWEIGHT MANNY PACQUIAO VS. BRANDON RIOS

Manny Pacquiao will face Brandon Rios on Saturday, November 23rd at the Cotai Arena at The Venetian Macao, China on HBO PPV 9PM EST/ 6PM EST. This is the last boxing PPV of the year and potentially the biggest fight of the year, since the fight will determine what happens to Manny Pacquiao. Pacquiao, a hero in his native Philippines, was knocked out by Juan Manuel Marquez in their fourth fight last December. It wasn’t just that Pacquaio was knocked out, it was HOW he was knocked out, stone cold, helpless, with his face flat on the canvas. It looked like a scripted ending sequence in a video game, the only problem was it was no video game.

Pacquaio will be facing Brandon Rios, who is also at a crossroads. The popular Mexican American fighter has overtaken the boxing world with his kind and goofy personality out of the ring, and his fun and entertaining fights inside. The big question for Rios, how will he respond to his first career lose at the hands of Mike Alvarado? Alvarado subsequently lost the title to Ruslan Provodnikov last month. That was no small accomplishment. Did Rios take something out of Alvarado? Is Alvarado no longer the same fighter? Does Rios struggle when a fighter does not stand in front of him and/or can’t take his power and aggression?

Richar Abril was able to outbox Rios only three fights ago when Rios was still competing at lightweight. This is another big issue for Rios. For much of his career he cut weight poorly. I might even take it a step further and say that the Robert Garcia Boxing Gym has had problems with their boxers making weight although the talent and aggression of their fighters can’t be questioned.

What makes this fight interesting is Rios will now be fighting at Welterweight 12 lbs. above where he was fighting nearly two years ago. He has been working with strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza, who also used to be in Pacquiao’s corner. For everything people say about Ariza, one thing is for sure, his fighters make weight. Rios could have more power than ever, but will he be weight drained fighting at the bigger weight?

A lot of people have compared Rios to Antonio Margarito, who Pacquiao utterly destroyed and essentially retired by crushing his orbital bone. The problem I have the comparison is Margarito was on his last legs and was much slower than Rios. Also, Margarito has never been proven to have legitimate power after being caught with a plaster like substance being wrapped into his hand wraps. Rios has legitimate power and is much underrated for his skills on the inside. The problem is, Rios at times does not think about winning a fight by points and tries to stop foes making him cannon fodder to those who choose to outpoint him.

The fight comes down to simply whether Pacquaio still has it. He needs the speed and power from four years ago. Can he take the aggression Rios brings into the ring? Remember Joshua Clottey marked Pacquiao pretty badly coming forward and barely threw any punches. Will Pacquiao stand in front and trade or will he use dynamic angles you cannot train for to wound Rios and win? It really comes down to which Manny Pacquiao we get and essentially what he has left after one of the worst knockouts to a major star in recent memory.

Co-Main Event – IBF FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

EVGENY “MEXICAN RUSSIAN” GRADOVICH ( C ) VS. BILLY DIB

The Mexican Russian, Gradovich, who for the remainder of this article will be referenced by his nickname, won a split decision over Billy Dib on ESPN2’s Friday Night Fights back in late March to pick up the IBF Featherweight title. Dib, who is promoted by rapper 50 Cent, looked befuddled as he was expected to make a strong showing after struggling to get on network TV even with a belt before the partnership with the popular rapper. The Mexican Russian, who in my opinion has shown signs of throwing wild, accurate combination punches that are like a miniature Sergio Martinez, is finding a home in Asia. Gradovich, who moved to California to train out of the Robert Garcia Boxing Gym and to make a better life for himself and family is seeing the perks of his choice as this will be his second fight in the highly profitable market of Macau, China.

This fight means the world to Dib and for Gradovich could usher him into a major fight that would create tons of storylines. In the first affair earlier this year, Gradovich took over in the middle of the fight forcing Dib into a dog fight. In what was a very underrated fight Dib strayed from his normal tactics of clinching and holding and tried to box moreso, which led to problems. The big thing now is that Dib is in a must win position and could be one of the last chances for 50 Cent’s fellow.

So, what does this mean? Dib could come out and try to slow the fight down or he could come out and try to bang. I know one thing, he is going to go to one side or the other as the middle did not work well for him. Dib, an Australia native, will have a short trip to Macau for this fight. The Mexican Russian is living in the region.

For Gradovich, this fight could set up a big HBO match next spring or summer with Nonito Donaire, who recently moved to Featherweight and shares the same trainer as Gradovich in Robert Garcia. The thing is Garcia has already stated if it came to a fight between the two he would train Donaire, but who is to say Donaire will continue with the Robert Garcia Gym after his last outing. Donaire tends to have good fights with fighters who bring pressure to him as opposed to sit back and wait. For the Mexican Russian, he will have to do what he did earlier this year to increase his star in a recently booming featherweight division and try to propel himself into a position favorable to the networks.

10 Round Heavyweight Bout

ANDY RUIZ VS. TOR HAMER

In the don’t blink fight of the evening, the promising Andy Ruiz will look to stay busy against Tor Hamer, who fought Vyacheslav Glazkov on NBC last year days before Christmas only to have the corner stop the fight at the end of the fourth round. Hamer has dominated the bottom level and mid-tier talent and his two step up fights against Kelvin Price and Glazkov he found him on the losing end. Since his loss on major network television, Hamer has rebuilt himself with a couple of impressive wins and has earned a big fight on a major card , but still you can’t help ,but think he is nothing more than a lamb being lead to the slaughter.

Andy Ruiz, whose build may look more like a CalTrans worker than a professional boxer has faced a much higher level of competition and even worse for Hamer, he has knocked them out. His last six fights have ended in stoppages and three of those ended in the first round. Joe Hanks, Ruiz’s last foe was known as one of the best fighters no one knew of and Ruiz dismantled him on his way to fourth round stoppage. Ruiz simply should look good in this fight and get a bigger fight out of it as this will be his introduction to a lot of fans and his performance will be judged based on how he looks, not if he wins.

6 ROUND FLYWEIGHT

JUAN TOSCANO VS. ZOU SHIMING

Zou Shiming will probably make the most money out of any fighter in the history of boxing and may never even face a ranked foe. Shiming, is the face of Chinese boxing and a Freddie Roach product, as bizarre it may sound of a tactical technician being under the brawling Roach’s supervision. Shiming’s debut earlier this year broadcast on delay on HBO2 was speculated to be one of the most watched fights ever, due to how many people are in China and the lack of sporting options to watch over there. Shiming will be asked to open the card and get the crowd excited which will hopefully carry over through the later part of the card.

Toscano, a hand-picked opponent who has never faced an opponent with a winning record should be in far above his ahead, but you never know. Shiming could get his first stoppage if things unfold as they should, and at the very worst, he will struggle to the finish line and win. The big thing about Shiming is that he is not viewed as a serious contender , but as a tool to generate a large of sum of money quickly in a booming economy while giving smaller fighter 126 lbs. and below, potential placement on cards to help get them on television as well as build the market in China.

FELIX VERDEJO WATCH

At some point the broadcast expect rising prospect Felix Verdejo to get a brief summary of his more likely knockout win from earlier in the night to be broadcasted. Verdejo is a talented prospect out of Puerto Rico and could very well be part of the next crop of Puerto Ricans who bring in heavy interest in the sport in their native country.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
jesus this is really going to happen on the broner-maidana card :why:

Former undisputed middleweight champ Jermain Taylor, who has not fought since stopping Raul Munoz in the second round last October, will face Juan Carlos Candelo on the Dec. 14 undercard of Showtime's Adrien Broner-Marcos Maidana card, Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer announced on Monday.

Taylor (31-4-1, 19 knockouts), who turned 35 in August, was last in the ring prior to facing Munoz in April of 2012. In that fight, Taylor had to rise from a ninth-round knockdown for a unanimous decision over previously unbeaten Caleb Truax.

In Candelo (32-12-4, 21 KOs), Taylor faces a 39-year-old veteran who was last in the ring for a sixth-round stoppage loss to Fernando Guerrero in November of 2012.