Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I think the real question is, who does Ward fight next? JCCjr?
JCC Jr appears if he's joining the Money Team once again, no way Chavez truly wants that fight with Ward being a non draw, and no way the fight happens with Mayweather meddling for GB

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Aye @Skip b tell me about the 23 power punches Murat landed on Hopkins in Rd9:jawalrus:

Wheres that defense at?? Slow ass bum ass Murat landing 23 power punches in 1 round....imagine what Ward would do:smugfavre:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Hopkins was Slugging it out looking for a ko N hadn't fought the way he did against Murat in YEARS... not to mention he looked gassed in a lot of those rds N Murat is a bum...ALL that N he still only to managed to throw 30 more punches then a Ward who only threw his left N was coasting :russ:

You think Hopkins goin fight like that against Ward:deadrose:

Dawson, Taylor N Calzaghe all out worked a YOUNGER Hopkins but this 48 yr old version who DOESNT wanna fight Ward oh hes goin give SOG that work:rudy:
Ward coasting:rudy:
BHOP gassed:rudy:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I respect Ward's skills. The boy is one of the best, no doubt about it. But there is no way he will ever be considered a GOAT demanding fights in Oakland getting the Lion's share and fighting guys who are beneath him. there are two fast tracks to GOAT status. 1) beat some other GOATs. 2) beat some guys that are favored to beat you.
It is one of those I agree and disagree with ya man, probably on the same things you are thinking about.
I totally see your point regarding demanding fights against anyone and everyone and letting go of his fighting in Oakland every time.
At the same time I disagree in that throughout history we've seen guys who have the mentality who you talked about and others have a more cautious mentality. As long as the fights get made and Ward isn't actively ducking people, I don't have a problem with it. He may just be a guy that needs that "mental" advantage, even though he doesn't, but maybe it plays into his psyche. And I can't front on guys who take the business aspect seriously...I think Floyd has schooled a lot of fighters on this in understanding that you have to make the best deal for you, because no one else is looking out for you in this sport. Because fighters basically contract fights with each other, it often times overshadows the business aspect and that should be taken seriously as well. The only problem I have would be if Ward's business demands start making fights against viable opponents not get made...and at this point I don't think Ward has done that at all.
History has always loved the fighter in the ring, not the businessman outside of it.

I think the real question is, who does Ward fight next? JCCjr?
Ughh. JCC turned in a top 3 ratings fight vs Vera, for any fight on HBO, Showtime, or FSN - so it will draw. JCC is a name and a lot of people would give Ward credit for that.
Personally I don't see it being that competitive and Ward wins an EASY decision.
I also would love to see JCC get that work. But I will freely admit that a fight vs one of the Dirrell bros, or a rematch with Froch would be a tougher fight on paper.
To be fair, it seems like Froch isn't looking directly at another fight vs Ward either...at least from what I've read.
If Ward-JCC was made I would'nt criticize Ward at all for his opponent choice as JCC is far from a bum...but also wouldn't hype a victory over JCC as a huge triumph.

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Aye @Skip b tell me about the 23 power punches Murat landed on Hopkins in Rd9:jawalrus:

Wheres that defense at?? Slow ass bum ass Murat landing 23 power punches in 1 round....imagine what Ward would do:smugfavre:
Quote me, did I not tell you nikkas about this bytch shyt:camby:

Not quoting to move the goalpost is @patscorpio @Black_Jesus type bytchassedness, cause I could easily say who looked better and which fight you rather watch, or mention both connect percentages from last match vs easy touches...............

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Not quoting to move the goalpost is @patscorpio @Black_Jesus type bytchassedness, cause I could easily say who looked better and which fight you rather watch, or mention both connect percentages from last match vs easy touches...............

Did I not tag your bytch ass?? :comeon:

How am I moving the goal post?? You wanna bring up Hopkins awesome performance against Murat so tell me bout his ass getting clipped by 23 power punches in rd9...he wasnt gassed tho right??

:umad:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

I love how even though I haven't quoted this stupid ass nikka today or even mention him any fashion he feels the need to bring me into an argument :leostare:...but I can safely assume you're prolly saying something stupid and somebody's sonning you again

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JCC Jr appears if he's joining the Money Team once again, no way Chavez truly wants that fight with Ward being a non draw, and no way the fight happens with Mayweather meddling for GB

who then? he wont go across the pond. doubtful he will go to Canada. he cant dictate to Chavez. he is gonna have to step out of his comfort zone soon if he wants to fight.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@GREENandYELLOW

I didnt say Ward is ducking anyone, I dont believe he is. At the same time...seems like he wants the big names to come to him. Them nikkas be like..."fukk for?" :what:
people said the same thing about Roy, but Roy was clearly a more gifted fighter than Ward. Ward is dominating better opposition at the same stages of their careers, but it dont mean as much because Roy played about 3 divisions then did a HW fight. Ward still needs a Toney on his resume. Winning the Super 6 was cool but I actually picked Ward or Dirrell to win it. So, eventhough Abraham and Kessler were favorites, it was only because of their names. Otherwise they shouldnt have been.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bute after ducking him:skip:

Bute aint shyt and will be worth even less if he loses to Pascal. if he beats Pascal....then he has bigger reward fights with same or less risk than Ward. Ward is gonna have to learn he cant dictate shyt forever. Also, he is making bad P.R. moves by not openly championing for testing as he should be. He should be following Money's program and that would give him some notoriety in itself. him not doing so may not mean much now but could be magnified as his career goes on.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Bute aint shyt and will be worth even less if he loses to Pascal. if he beats Pascal....then he has bigger reward fights with same or less risk than Ward. Ward is gonna have to learn he cant dictate shyt forever.
You see Pascal would be the name for him but he's hard down set on 168 drained at weigh in and all

Much worse than ducking he's hiding in a shyt division