Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets not pretend Ward, is throwing shots like Margarito......

To outwork BHOP he will have to get close, and judging from Sat he aint built for that

I know one thing, it would be a clinchfest. one I am not sure Ward would win. Ward likes to hold with his right and keep his left on his ear. that wont work against B-Hop. Ward best not get into a wrestling match with B-Hop. but if he stayed on the outside he would win with the jab alone. I favor Ward for sure but its not an easy fight for him by NO means.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Yeah, Hop talked about it on an HBO broadcast this past year that Ward is the best at 168 and he didn't really want to fight him. Hopkins at this age does not match up well with Ward. Hopkins is probably drooling over the fact that in his prime Ward-Hopkins would have been a helluva fight.

I disagree in that I do think Ward wants to be great, he is just very cautious. It sounds like the mental aspect means a lot to him as well as the physical, because physically there isn't a fighter right now who can touch him, IMO.
But we have seen this before (Floyd) in that fighters stand tough in negotiations and outsiders criticize them because we tend to like the guys who have the fight anyone anywhere for any amount of money mentality. Ward definitely has more of a Floyd nuance to him in wanting to control the bigger picture. He is going to control venue, location, purse, etc...maybe we just view it differently because Ward isn't a cash draw like other fighters have been.
At this point, looking at Ward's resume, I have no reason to criticize him - he has fought just about everyone he can and beaten them.

Nothing but truth in this post.

Some of the stuff I've read on here the last couple of months man :mindblown:

Marquez isn't an elite fighter
Ward cherry picks opponents and isn't top 3 p4p
Mayweather is the GOAT
Frazier was a bum heavyweight

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Ward would out work old ass Hopkins...or are you goin pretend the same fukking shyt hasn't been done to Hopkins erry single time he loses:stopitslime:
Ward vs Rodriguez 526 punches
BHOP vs Murat 565 punches, at a higher weight I might add

Didnt I not tell you about your bullshyt arguments nikka:camby:

Now again what again does Ward does to trouble BHOP:ufdup:

:smugfavre:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, Hop talked about it on an HBO broadcast this past year that Ward is the best at 168 and he didn't really want to fight him. Hopkins at this age does not match up well with Ward. Hopkins is probably drooling over the fact that in his prime Ward-Hopkins would have been a helluva fight.

I disagree in that I do think Ward wants to be great, he is just very cautious. It sounds like the mental aspect means a lot to him as well as the physical, because physically there isn't a fighter right now who can touch him, IMO.
But we have seen this before (Floyd) in that fighters stand tough in negotiations and outsiders criticize them because we tend to like the guys who have the fight anyone anywhere for any amount of money mentality. Ward definitely has more of a Floyd nuance to him in wanting to control the bigger picture. He is going to control venue, location, purse, etc...maybe we just view it differently because Ward isn't a cash draw like other fighters have been.
At this point, looking at Ward's resume, I have no reason to criticize him - he has fought just about everyone he can and beaten them.

breh, you dont want to be great if you are being VERY cautious. the sport dont allow it. SRL was cautious but no where near the degree of Ward. SRL knew he had to beat some greats. that was Benitez, Hearns, Duran, Hagler. Ward needs to start with whoever the greatest opponents are around him. he has to kill some "killers". if he wants to be great....he must see B-Hop. whether we like the fight or not, thats the greatest fighter in his reach. next is Sergio. I think he would beat both of them of course, thats not the point. The point is you gotta get some names on your resume to be considered for greatness. if him and his team arent trying to see either of those guys....he aint trying to be great. :usure:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
breh, you dont want to be great if you are being VERY cautious. the sport dont allow it. SRL was cautious but no where near the degree of Ward. SRL knew he had to beat some greats. that was Benitez, Hearns, Duran, Hagler. Ward needs to start with whoever the greatest opponents are around him. he has to kill some "killers". if he wants to be great....he must see B-Hop. whether we like the fight or not, thats the greatest fighter in his reach. next is Sergio. I think he would beat both of them of course, thats not the point. The point is you gotta get some names on your resume to be considered for greatness. if him and his team arent trying to see either of those guys....he aint trying to be great. :usure:
Mayweather fought or chased away every killer near him, thats what separate the good and great fighters

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

yeah, and I definitely wouldnt say Rodriguez is any better than Murat.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I respect Ward's skills. The boy is one of the best, no doubt about it. But there is no way he will ever be considered a GOAT demanding fights in Oakland getting the Lion's share and fighting guys who are beneath him. there are two fast tracks to GOAT status. 1) beat some other GOATs. 2) beat some guys that are favored to beat you.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
yeah, and I definitely wouldnt say Rodriguez is any better than Murat.
You see Ward was supposed to maul and outclass a easy touch like BHOP did in Murat, not looking like shyt aside from a few jabs and stumble to the finish line...................

If BHOP aint shyt he ugly and boring , than I will say the same about Ward ass who is the same ass fighter with visibly lesser skill

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Hopkins was Slugging it out looking for a ko N hadn't fought the way he did against Murat in YEARS... not to mention he looked gassed in a lot of those rds N Murat is a bum...ALL that N he still only to managed to throw 30 more punches then a Ward who only threw his left N was coasting :russ:

You think Hopkins goin fight like that against Ward:deadrose:

Dawson, Taylor N Calzaghe all out worked a YOUNGER Hopkins but this 48 yr old version who DOESNT wanna fight Ward oh hes goin give SOG that work:rudy:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Hopkins was Slugging it out looking for a ko N hadn't fought the way he did against Murat in YEARS... not to mention he looked gassed in a lot of those rds N Murat is a bum...ALL that N he still only to managed to throw 30 more punches then a Ward who only threw his left N was coasting :russ:
:pacspit: