Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
robbery alert...collazo will school him but will get jobbed..unless he can stop him but unfortunately the man isn't a big puncher

shyts on fox sports 1, i doubt anyone cares dog. Oscar probably dont give a shyt about ortiz anymore.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
ive always felt the dirrell brothers were ward's biggest challenges at 168
flat out andre dirrell can beat ward as long as his head is screwed on right
anthony dirrell has the style and power to make things hard for ward and even though he has a good chin dude doesn't like to move his head
Yeah, they probably are the two best fighters at 168 Andre hasn't fought.
Anthony hasn't fought much of anyone, so his Bika fight will be a good test for him.
Andre may be the best fighter Andre hasn't fought at 168. Whereas Ward has dominated all opponents, Andre hasn't quite done so when you do the A=B, B=C argument...but he has good size and skills, I would like to see that fight and at 168 he is as deserving as anyone to land a Ward fight.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Hopkins lost to that bytch Dawson N I'm posed to believe hell give Ward a challenge :comeon:
Are you gonna act like BHOP wasnt coming off a shoulder surgery in a fight he visibly couldnt pull the trigger, and still won 5 rounds, Dawson had to injure the old man to squeak by him

How the fukk is Ward gonna deal with a Bhop when a unknown cherry pick was rollin majority of his weak ass lefts, and made it a ugly fight, when Rod was supposed to be a showcase fight

SN: Ward dont like them body shots Rodriguez folded him with one in round 11.

I would like for you to post what does Ward does that troubles BHOP, I'll wait...........................

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked Ward as with any fighter who has the potential to be great...that actually wants to be. He doesnt seem like he wants to be great though. He is only interested in having everything in his favor during negotiations. He wont call anyone out unless he knows he can dictate terms to them. He didnt even call Chad out....but when Chad said he would come to 168, thats all Ward needed to know. He wont call out Stevenson for sure because one thing is definite, a fight in Canada is much bigger than a fight in Oakland and thats where the fight would have to be staged. Right now....Ward is not even the type of guy who goes for the most money. I would be calling out Froch left and right. Why not fight a guy who you have already beat when you can get paid a ton of money to fight him on his home turf?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Are you gonna act like BHOP wasnt coming off a shoulder surgery in a fight he visibly couldnt pull the trigger, and still won 5 rounds, Dawson had to injure the old man to squeak by him

How the fukk is Ward gonna deal with a Bhop when a unknown cherry pick was rollin majority of his weak ass lefts, and made it a ugly fight, when Rod was supposed to be a showcase fight

SN: Ward dont like them body shots Rodriguez folded him with one in round 11.

I would like for you to post what does Ward does that troubles BHOP, I'll wait...........................

Ward would out work old ass Hopkins...or are you goin pretend the same fukking shyt hasn't been done to Hopkins erry single time he loses:stopitslime:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hopkins lost to that bytch Dawson N I'm posed to believe hell give Ward a challenge :comeon:

I would pick Ward to win...but that is an ugly ass fight if I ever seen one. Ward is a rough guy, but B-Hop is the master of that shyt, bar-none. I still think Ward would win...by ugly but close decision, but that fight would be very very tough for him. I know it sounds crazy, but thats how I feel. Nevertheless, Ward should call him out...even if the fight doesnt happen...which I doubt it ever would. Never have their been 2 names that big around the same weights that hardly anyone would want to see fight.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Ward would out work old ass Hopkins...or are you goin pretend the same fukking shyt hasn't been done to Hopkins erry single time he loses:stopitslime:
Lets not pretend Ward, is throwing shots like Margarito......

To outwork BHOP he will have to get close, and judging from Sat he aint built for that

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Hopkins DOESNT want that fight....that's all you need to know about who would win:beli:
Yeah, Hop talked about it on an HBO broadcast this past year that Ward is the best at 168 and he didn't really want to fight him. Hopkins at this age does not match up well with Ward. Hopkins is probably drooling over the fact that in his prime Ward-Hopkins would have been a helluva fight.

I liked Ward as with any fighter who has the potential to be great...that actually wants to be. He doesnt seem like he wants to be great though. He is only interested in having everything in his favor during negotiations. He wont call anyone out unless he knows he can dictate terms to them. He didnt even call Chad out....but when Chad said he would come to 168, thats all Ward needed to know. He wont call out Stevenson for sure because one thing is definite, a fight in Canada is much bigger than a fight in Oakland and thats where the fight would have to be staged. Right now....Ward is not even the type of guy who goes for the most money. I would be calling out Froch left and right. Why not fight a guy who you have already beat when you can get paid a ton of money to fight him on his home turf?
I disagree in that I do think Ward wants to be great, he is just very cautious. It sounds like the mental aspect means a lot to him as well as the physical, because physically there isn't a fighter right now who can touch him, IMO.
But we have seen this before (Floyd) in that fighters stand tough in negotiations and outsiders criticize them because we tend to like the guys who have the fight anyone anywhere for any amount of money mentality. Ward definitely has more of a Floyd nuance to him in wanting to control the bigger picture. He is going to control venue, location, purse, etc...maybe we just view it differently because Ward isn't a cash draw like other fighters have been.
At this point, looking at Ward's resume, I have no reason to criticize him - he has fought just about everyone he can and beaten them.

ward-stevenson or ward-kovalev hold more interest and intrigue for me than ward-hopkins..id rather see 2 fighters in prime fight :manny:
At this point yeah, I definitely agree that those fights would be more entertaining...however build wise Ward does look smaller than the two of them, so I wouldn't downgrade Ward if he didn't jump up to fight them.
I would however, love to see Stevenson-Kovalev square off and determine the LH picture. And then Ward would have another fight or two from coming back....and then maybe start looking at that as a fight.

I kinda suspect we don't see Ward jump to fight at 175 anytime soon though, he looks as if he makes 168 pretty easily and I think he probably wants to pick off anyone that wants to come up from 160. At 175 there isn't a guy who can box with Ward either, but the power Stevenson and Kovalev have may keep Ward at bay for a bit.

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ward-stevenson or ward-kovalev hold more interest and intrigue for me than ward-hopkins..id rather see 2 fighters in prime fight :manny:

Ward-Hopkins has a lil interest but at the same time, the potential of how ugly it could turn out would outweigh that. you need 2 refs for those dirty sumbytches.