Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Andre Ward's next possible opponents.....

-Carl Froch-George Groves winner (11/23)
Froch already stated he doesn't want a rematch, unless of course it's in his hometown. If Groves beats Froch though..... :ohhh:
-Robert Stieglitz
Stieglitz SHOULD be facing Arthur Abraham to complete the trilogy next however I can't see how he could turn down Andr--....actually, every time Robert takes a step onto American soil he gets TKO'd so he may not wanna take that trip after all :heh:
-Anthony Dirrell
Well this is only if he defeats Sakio Bika for the WBC belt. Then we finally get to see Ward-Dirrell, even if it's not the one it was supposed to be years back. For the record, Andre did not want that fight for whatever reason, but he's kinda mental anyway so :manny:
-James DeGale
:ld: Really not ready IMO for Andre Ward and his performance against Dyah Davis leaves a lot to be desired. He'd be better served chasing Virgil Hunter's OTHER 168lber
-Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Honestly makes the most sense to me, get to have both guys on PPV and make Ward a star in the process. Both have shaken off the ring rust and should be in top form for 168 supremacy. I've heard they're trying to make Chavez-Vera II on March 1st but I don't see the point when there's money to be made elsewhere. Vera needs to be at middleweight anyway.
-Andre Dirrell
Seeing how he blatantly ducked their match-up during the tournament, I highly doubt this match ever takes place...shame too.
-Stanyslav Kashtanov
Not a bout I'm interested in, in the least, yet last I heard he's being elevated to WBA regular champion so Ward might wanna face him if no other options are available to take back a portion of his crown......shyt sounds weird even typing it out, WBA :snoop:

Why didn't I mention any 175 opponents? I feel Ward is gonna stick around 168 until Golovkin is ready to meet him, or gets exposed, whichever happens first. With GGG's 4 fights a year attitude, it shouldn't be a long wait.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
As much as like Ward I didnt like watching that fight. I like a good dirty fight but that shyt was horrible to watch. Both were holding but a fighter with ward skill should be able to work on the inside without holding.

This was his first fight in 14 months coming off shoulder surgery.. we judging to critically

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Do you really wanna see that match or do you just wanna see JCC take another L? :youngsabo:
That L. :lolbron:

But really....not much for Ward at 168 right now. @SuikodenII outlined possible Ward fights...and he is in a Mayweather type situation...fights can be made against good opponents, just nothing that seems really exciting or even a threat to him. I think Ward beats GGG on points pretty easily, but at least that fight would have hype. 175 would be interesting because there are some crazy punchers in that division, whereas 168 doesn't have much for heavy handed foes. But, I can't blaim Ward yet for not moving up, Edwin was a 175 pound guy and looked a lot bigger than Ward. If we're making a fight at 168, might as well see JCC get beat up again.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Black_Jesus said:
This was his first fight in 14 months coming off shoulder surgery.. we judging to critically
Thing is we seen this fight before. He fights the same way all the time.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

But really....not much for Ward at 168 right now. @SuikodenII outlined possible Ward fights...and he is in a Mayweather type situation...fights can be made against good opponents, just nothing that seems really exciting or even a threat to him. I think Ward beats GGG on points pretty easily, but at least that fight would have hype. 175 would be interesting because there are some crazy punchers in that division, whereas 168 doesn't have much for heavy handed foes. But, I can't blaim Ward yet for not moving up, Edwin was a 175 pound guy and looked a lot bigger than Ward. If we're making a fight at 168, might as well see JCC get beat up again.

I know he a GoldenBoy but I'd rather like to see Ward fight B-Hop at 168... GGG isn't quite yet done at 168 imo

Edit: done at 160 imo

Last edited:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
this is a good ass fight

Yea I was randomly checking fights for January and saw that like :leon: but I haven't seen Collazo fight in a minute but he always seems to give people tough times and Ortiz sometimes has the ring maturity of a 5 year old so...:myman:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I know he a GoldenBoy but I'd rather like to see Ward fight B-Hop at 168... GGG isn't quite yet done at 168 imo
I agree. GGG still has a lot of good fights at 160 and looks like he makes weight quite easily, so I want him to stay there.
Ward though, has depleted 168 and I don't think there is one guy left where we wouldn't have him as a heavy favorite.
I agree though, a Hopkins - Ward fight would be an interesting one and a fight Ward could take at 168 or 175 and not be in against a bigger guy. At this point in his career though, I think Hopkins could muck it up, but no way I see him beating Ward. That GBP-Arum shyt though. :stopitslime:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

ive always felt the dirrell brothers were ward's biggest challenges at 168
flat out andre dirrell can beat ward as long as his head is screwed on right
anthony dirrell has the style and power to make things hard for ward and even though he has a good chin dude doesn't like to move his head