Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns, who has not fought since suffering a broken jaw in his hugely controversial draw with Mexico’s Raymundo Beltran, still lists a return with Beltran as his number-one priority. However, with the WBO ordering the Scottish hero to defend his belt against unbeaten number-one contender Terrance Crawford, Burns’ plans seem to have been changed.

But, in speaking with Glasgow Evening Times, Burns’ manager Alex Morrison said his fighter has “no problem” facing Crawford (22-0, 16 KOs) – as long as the fight takes place in Glasgow.

“Obviously Ricky’s preference, and it has been all along, is to give Beltran a rematch but if the WBO force him to go against Crawford then we would have no problem with that,” Morrison said. “Put it this way, we don’t view Crawford as any more dangerous an opponent than Beltran. What we do want is home advantage and if we have that we would be confident of Ricky beating any lightweight in the world in front of a Glasgow crowd.”

Burns’ promoter, Eddie Hearn, will now attempt to gain home advantage for his fighter by putting in the highest bid when the fight goes out to purse bids.

However, it is possible some fans will feel Burns – who has boxed seven of his last nine fights inside his Glasgow fortress – should not be granted home advantage quite so often. Andre Ward, for example, gets a ton of criticism for almost always fighting in California. In any case, it might be that Burns has to travel to the U.S to defend against Crawford.

TCraw may not have any choice because the bread will be so good but these dudes like Burns aint tryin to leave home.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns, who has not fought since suffering a broken jaw in his hugely controversial draw with Mexico’s Raymundo Beltran, still lists a return with Beltran as his number-one priority. However, with the WBO ordering the Scottish hero to defend his belt against unbeaten number-one contender Terrance Crawford, Burns’ plans seem to have been changed.

But, in speaking with Glasgow Evening Times, Burns’ manager Alex Morrison said his fighter has “no problem” facing Crawford (22-0, 16 KOs) – as long as the fight takes place in Glasgow.

“Obviously Ricky’s preference, and it has been all along, is to give Beltran a rematch but if the WBO force him to go against Crawford then we would have no problem with that,” Morrison said. “Put it this way, we don’t view Crawford as any more dangerous an opponent than Beltran. What we do want is home advantage and if we have that we would be confident of Ricky beating any lightweight in the world in front of a Glasgow crowd.”

Burns’ promoter, Eddie Hearn, will now attempt to gain home advantage for his fighter by putting in the highest bid when the fight goes out to purse bids.

However, it is possible some fans will feel Burns – who has boxed seven of his last nine fights inside his Glasgow fortress – should not be granted home advantage quite so often. Andre Ward, for example, gets a ton of criticism for almost always fighting in California. In any case, it might be that Burns has to travel to the U.S to defend against Crawford.

TCraw may not have any choice because the bread will be so good but these dudes like Burns aint tryin to leave home.

crawford will get his shot in time.beltran was robbed..he needs to go see that man first

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
crawford will get his shot in time.beltran was robbed..he needs to go see that man first

truth be told, I dont even give a shyt about TCraw gettin that fight. Burns really dont want it with Beltran anymore, its just a fight he needs to clear the air about. basically, Burns is done one way or the other. if the right hand dont get him (TCraw) the left one will (Beltran)

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
I thought you were joking at first but:salute:

After watching 24/7 I want to order this fight so baddd:why:, but fukk I look like paying $60 to watch a ppv, and they selling that shyt $5.00 a pop in china:stopitslime:

Nawwww bro, IM IN THERE! That 24/7 only got me MORE amped! Theres NOTHING more beautiful than Pacquiao working that heavy bag. To me, Pacman is like Sparticus in the pits right now. He'll fight his way out though and make it back to the glorious arena and face Mayweather, I know it.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Nawwww bro, IM IN THERE! That 24/7 only got me MORE amped! Theres NOTHING more beautiful than Pacquiao working that heavy bag. To me, Pacman is like Sparticus in the pits right now. He'll fight his way out though and make it back to the glorious arena and face Mayweather, I know it.
Hopefully, Im rooting for him here, out of all the shyt I talk about Pacquaio, he is a good dude, his country and boxing more importantly needs a Manny victory....

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/vanes-ready-replace-nelson-fight-macklin-on-12-7--71590

By Rick Reeno

Junior middleweight contender Vanes Martirosyan is wasting no time in hunting down another opportunity. Vanes has advised BoxingScene.com that he wants to replace the injured Willie Nelson, who on Monday withdrew from a scheduled middleweight fight with Matthew Macklin (29-5, 20KOs).

Macklin-Nelson was scheduled for the HBO televised date of December 7th from the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. The main event features a super bantamweight clash between WBA/WBO champion Guillermo Rigondeaux and top challenger Joseph Agbeko. Top Rank, who promote Vanes, is the lead promoter of the show.

This past Saturday night in Texas, Vanes (33-1-1, 21KOs) suffered his first career defeat when he dropped a twelve round split decision to Demetrius Andrade. Vanes is ready to get right back in the gym and he doesn't see it as a problem with the fight taking place at 160. Macklin is looking to rebound from a June knockout loss to WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin.

"I'm ready to step in for Wille Nelson on December 7th. I'm in good shape, no injuries and I want put this loss behind me. I hope Top Rank, [my manager] Cameron Dunkin and [Macklin's promoter] Lou [DiBella] can work this out. I hope [Top Rank CEO] Bob Arum gives me another chance. This loss has made me realize something. I had a long talk with Roy Jones Jr. after my fight and he told me a lot of things that are going to help me. I want to stay busy, I want fight to ASAP and I'm ready to fight Matthew Macklin on December 7th," stated Vanes.

:leon: Well damn, make that happen Arum