Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
My nikka "Mr. Fresh, Fly, Flashy" is back:ohlawd:

He cut off the curl look and got the waves back on deck, because he's gonna need his Pops to brush his hair after the victory on December 14th:blessed:

gV131Vu4Sp

And he lost that "baby fat". He back in shape with over a month to spare........drinking Sprites while weighing in:smugbiden:

gmfnrJu4Zx

Yall thought we was done?:umad:

Yall thought AB wasnt gonna get back in shape?:umad:

Yall thought #BandCamp wasnt gonna still be here making the haters mad?:umad:

#BandCamp

gocXAnO4d7

:lawd:
He posting old pictures from when he was in shape...that drinking Sprite on the scale pic is from the weigh-in for his fight with Gavin Rees in February and unless there is a timestamp I am not buying that second pic as being recent either.
And the haircut pic was one of them straight "Fat Girl on Facebook" pictures where the shot is taken from an above angle to hide their big ass belly.
This is what he's going to look like fight night:
Yhb4fQx.jpg

#FATCAMP

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
He posting old pictures from when he was in shape...that drinking Sprite on the scale pic is from the weigh-in for his fight with Gavin Rees in February and unless there is a timestamp I am not buying that second pic as being recent either.
And the haircut pic was one of them straight "Fat Girl on Facebook" pictures where the shot is taken from an above angle to hide their big ass belly.
This is what he's going to look like fight night:
Yhb4fQx.jpg

#FATCAMP

:heh:

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjpls:

Donaire out of action until May with injured orbital bone

PostDateIcon.png
November 13th, 2013
donaire756.jpg

Former three division world champion Nonito Donaire (32-2, 21 KO’s) won’t be back in the ring until May due to injured orbital be he suffered in his 9th round KO win over Vic Darchinyan last Saturday night, according to Steve Kim. There’s still no official word as to whether it’s a fracture or not, but it’s got to be something serious enough for Donaire to miss that much time.

As earlier reported, Donaire had mentioned that he wanted to fight WBA/WBO super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux next, but Donaire’s promoter Bob Arum instead is going to match him against WBA featherweight champion Nicholas Walters, a champion that’s not nearly as well known as the other three featherweight champions.

However, Walters gives Donaire the best chance of picking up a belt at featherweight because he doesn’t appear to be at the same level as featherweight champions Jhonny Gonzalez, Evgeny Gradovich and Orlando Salido. Those three fighters would be very, very tough outs for Donaire, and at this point you would have to favor all three to KO Donaire if he were to face them.
Donaire was a good fighter at super flyweight, bantamweight and super bantamweight, but he doesn’t look like the same guy that he once was since he was schooled by Rigondeaux last April. Donaire looked like a shell of his former self in his fight with Darchinyan last Saturday night, and had that been a good featherweight instead of a past his best 37-year-old Darchinyan, it’s probably safe to say that Donaire would have been beaten badly.

Donaire seems to be just looking for one big punch in his fights nowadays, and that’s going to get him into all kinds of problems at featherweight because these guys are bigger and they’ll likely be able to handle Donaire’s power and outwork him the way that Darchinyan was. If Donaire’s only way of winning is by knockout, then he’s not going to last long in this division unless Arum carefully matches him to avoid the really top guys. Donaire can probably beat Walters to pick up his title, but that won’t make Donaire a champion. He’ll be a title holder, but not the top guy in the division. Even if Arum chooses not to match Donaire against the other champions in the division besides Walters, he’ll eventually have to face #3 WBA Gary Russell Jr., because he’s ranked high enough to where he’ll be able to get a title shot against Donaire if he picks up the belt from Walters next May. Russell Jr. is very fast and with good power. I would favor him over Donaire if that fight were to be made, and it would have to be made unless Arum would have Donaire vacate the title in order to avoid the fight.

I see Donaire getting beaten soundly sooner or later at featherweight and then having to move back down to super bantamweight where his superior size gives him an advantage over a lot of the top fighters in this division. At featherweight, Donaire wouldn’t have a size advantage over anyone and he would have to find another way to win his fights.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

PostDateIcon.png
November 13th, 2013
donaire756.jpg

Former three division world champion Nonito Donaire (32-2, 21 KO’s) won’t be back in the ring until May due to injured orbital be he suffered in his 9th round KO win over Vic Darchinyan last Saturday night, according to Steve Kim. There’s still no official word as to whether it’s a fracture or not, but it’s got to be something serious enough for Donaire to miss that much time.

As earlier reported, Donaire had mentioned that he wanted to fight WBA/WBO super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux next, but Donaire’s promoter Bob Arum instead is going to match him against WBA featherweight champion Nicholas Walters, a champion that’s not nearly as well known as the other three featherweight champions.

However, Walters gives Donaire the best chance of picking up a belt at featherweight because he doesn’t appear to be at the same level as featherweight champions Jhonny Gonzalez, Evgeny Gradovich and Orlando Salido. Those three fighters would be very, very tough outs for Donaire, and at this point you would have to favor all three to KO Donaire if he were to face them.
Donaire was a good fighter at super flyweight, bantamweight and super bantamweight, but he doesn’t look like the same guy that he once was since he was schooled by Rigondeaux last April. Donaire looked like a shell of his former self in his fight with Darchinyan last Saturday night, and had that been a good featherweight instead of a past his best 37-year-old Darchinyan, it’s probably safe to say that Donaire would have been beaten badly.

Donaire seems to be just looking for one big punch in his fights nowadays, and that’s going to get him into all kinds of problems at featherweight because these guys are bigger and they’ll likely be able to handle Donaire’s power and outwork him the way that Darchinyan was. If Donaire’s only way of winning is by knockout, then he’s not going to last long in this division unless Arum carefully matches him to avoid the really top guys. Donaire can probably beat Walters to pick up his title, but that won’t make Donaire a champion. He’ll be a title holder, but not the top guy in the division. Even if Arum chooses not to match Donaire against the other champions in the division besides Walters, he’ll eventually have to face #3 WBA Gary Russell Jr., because he’s ranked high enough to where he’ll be able to get a title shot against Donaire if he picks up the belt from Walters next May. Russell Jr. is very fast and with good power. I would favor him over Donaire if that fight were to be made, and it would have to be made unless Arum would have Donaire vacate the title in order to avoid the fight.

I see Donaire getting beaten soundly sooner or later at featherweight and then having to move back down to super bantamweight where his superior size gives him an advantage over a lot of the top fighters in this division. At featherweight, Donaire wouldn’t have a size advantage over anyone and he would have to find another way to win his fights.

man i guess vic was really hitting him harder than i thought...its a shame..hopefully its a minor orbital bone injury
hmmmm :patrice:
donaire-walters i haven't seen too much of walters to make a judgement or opinion that whether or not he can bother donaire but i think he has something...i need to see him in a couple more fights
donaire-gradovich - gradovich is a high class volume puncher with a pretty good beard...if donaire isnt stickin and movin it will be a long night for him..but gradovich isnt no defensize wiz so donaire's power could be a factor esp when it gets into the later rounds
donaire-gonzalez - jhonny is so hot and cold you never know whos's going to show up...jhonny has the reach and pop to bother donaire esp in the first 3-4 round but durability has been his major flaw when it gets into the middle rounds..this is where i see donaire really handing out some work and stopping him if he survives those early rounds
donaire-salido - the most dangerous of the featherweight champs...to beat salido you gotta box him and counter him effectively; to slow him down you have to hit him hard enough for him to respect your power else he will run right through you..i can see this turning into a FOTY type slugfest since both fighters have decent chins to take bombs...not a fight i can see going the distance

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

PostDateIcon.png
November 13th, 2013
donaire756.jpg

Lies lies lies.......:mindblown::shaq2::damn::ohlawd:

Had his shyt really been broke he would have alluded to it after the match, or at least that Sunday.

That nikka shouldnt even alluded to Rigo if he wasnt gonna fight him again, its put up or shut up time, even Max alluded to this that Donaire is actually gonna have to fight and earn his victories now, no more cupcake fights, no more unwarranted hype no nothing.

Sn:Funny I aint see HBO criticizing Donaire shytty performance one bit, nothing negative about his amateur counterpunching style before Darchinyan damn near dropped his guard completely and let Donaire hit him with his best shot...................................

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
man i guess vic was really hitting him harder than i thought...its a shame..hopefully its a minor orbital bone injury
hmmmm
:patrice:
donaire-walters i haven't seen too much of walters to make a judgement or opinion that whether or not he can bother donaire but i think he has something...i need to see him in a couple more fights
donaire-gradovich - gradovich is a high class volume puncher with a pretty good beard...if donaire isnt stickin and movin it will be a long night for him..but gradovich isnt no defensize wiz so donaire's power could be a factor esp when it gets into the later rounds
donaire-gonzalez - jhonny is so hot and cold you never know whos's going to show up...jhonny has the reach and pop to bother donaire esp in the first 3-4 round but durability has been his major flaw when it gets into the middle rounds..this is where i see donaire really handing out some work and stopping him if he survives those early rounds
donaire-salido - the most dangerous of the featherweight champs...to beat salido you gotta box him and counter him effectively; to slow him down you have to hit him hard enough for him to respect your power else he will run right through you..i can see this turning into a FOTY type slugfest since both fighters have decent chins to take bombs...not a fight i can see going the distance
You know damn well his shyt aint broke:comeon:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
hmmmm :patrice:
The more I watch Donaire fight, I think a lot of his success is tied in to his own desire and confidence. He isn't overly skilled and you won't match him up with other fighters and see glaring boxing skill mismatches.
He seemed to just be that guy who went into the ring, had great punching power, a solid chin, and more important he had the aura around him of confidence that he believed he would dominate you. And it worked. Now that the "aura" is gone...against top fighters, I think Donaire may start to get exposed.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71602#ixzz2kXt1n61G

So Schaefer says Floyd is done at 154, It would have to be a fight for the undisputed middleweight or junior middleweight championship or something like that (to fight above 147)

So no Trout or Lara, I wonder if the organizations allow the fighters to bam it out to win that Floyd sweepstakes, only one I think they allow to get the undisputed and waving the rule is Canelo. As far as Canelo goes the fight made too much money to not be revisited.....................

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
that's a white dude and its the bank's security officer.
Yeah, I can't tell. On my screen looks like dude could be black. :yeshrug:
But I had never seen that picture before, so I don't know the history behind it...other than what I see immediately which is that a successful black man with a lot of money would cause some serious drama. Especially during Ali's prime. He was the GOAT at being his own man. :win: