Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:
Nobody but die hard Canelo fans' considered Alvarez a beast. Sure hehad beast like qualities (good combination punching and power) but that was it. He wasn't even that much bigger than Floyd size wise. He's just a naturally heavier dude. Plus that nikka ain't have the boxing skills or amateur pedigree that GGG has so just stop it breh. You reached on that one. Canelo was a good win for Floyd but GGG he is not so lets chill with all that shyt.

If you stand GGG side by side with Floyd, you'd see a huge difference. He'll Floyd is only an inch taller than Stevens and GGG made dude look like a boy in the ring.

Floyd has never fought a real middleweight before and you got nikkas saying he'd make easy work out of Golovkin. :childplease:

I mean yeah dude is highly skilled and is an atg, but excuse me for thinking he'd have a tough time with GGG.

Ya'll act like I said Floyd would struggle with Sturm.

pardon the cliche but "skills pay the bills" and "size dont mean shyt" (in some instances)

I am not saying this is a probable matchup or that Floyd would even want to take the risk. if you are talking the Sturm of today? :manny:

Sturm fought DLH just as well as Floyd did. What makes GGG great all of a sudden or to compare him to the resume of a guy like Sturm? People would say the same thing about the Sturm that beat DLH when speaking in regards of a match against Floyd.

I didnt pay attention to whether it was die hard Canelo fans saying what they said about him. Your point could be debated. Canelo didnt have an extensive amateur background, neither did B-Hop (easily the best pure boxer actively behind FMJ). Amateur experience dont mean as much today as it did in the past. More fighters are "learning on the job".

My point is simple. The same thing was basically said about Canelo without a lick of evidence to substantuate it. What ACTUAL evidence do we have that GGG would be different outside of his size and better amateur pedigree (but Canelo's more prolific professional career closes the gap on that)?

You mention Stevens looked like a boy. Thats great if you are comparing sluggers. If you dare mention Stevens in the same breath as FMJ then all you need to know is as far as lateral movement and footwork....Stevens is an infant when compared to Floyd.

GGG could crush Floyd for all we know...I just want to hear some substantial evidence BESIDES what we have heard about other fighters previously that he would be more formidable?

To end my post, here is a thought....valid or not. I remember when :flabbynsick: beat Butterbean. (I know different class of fight, dont get panties in a bunch) Max asked "how far can you handicap in terms of skill" or something to that effect. I am paraphrasing. He said "could a prime Holmes beat Butterbean with one hand tied behind his back?"
My answer to that? Absolutely. The gap in skill level between Floyd and most fighters today is leagues apart. Especially GGG.

GGG would have a size advantage...but how far can you handicap Floyd's skills when to me he is undoubtedly one of the top 3 "boxers" that ever lived?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So GGG looks ok and very human, verus a historically average and so so fighter in stevens; now he beats Floyd.....:comeon: :pacspit:

And I picked GGG to win, yall nikkas need to chill with the dramatics and other bs, he's ok, a good fighter in a very shytty division, he wont grow until he fights the Sergio's of the world and Sergio chump ass wont fight him, so his growth will be halted, everything after that let that man fight his way and earn that hype like fighters of the past, beating a beatable fighter in Stevens and looking beatable along the way means absolute shyt to me.....:beli:

trust me, I know I sound like a hater a lot of times. I may :udontknow: but....all I ask for is some evidence that GGG puts up a tougher fight than Canelo. I dont want to hear the same arguments about "he's bigger" and "he's knocking out middleweights". I know athletes today are better...but still. You gotta ask yourself if weight and power meant so much then why are SRR and Hammerin Hank considered GOATs? Even Pac? Who wouldve thought he would start his career virtually as a straweight and be stopping welterweights? Pac start weight is 40lbs less than the division he currently fights in. Floyd's is only 17 (even 30 technically if he let GGG weigh in at 160). Yet Floyd lightyears away from Manny in terms of boxing skill.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
pardon the cliche but "skills pay the bills" and "size dont mean shyt" (in some instances)

I am not saying this is a probable matchup or that Floyd would even want to take the risk. if you are talking the Sturm of today? :manny:

Sturm fought DLH just as well as Floyd did. What makes GGG great all of a sudden or to compare him to the resume of a guy like Sturm? People would say the same thing about the Sturm that beat DLH when speaking in regards of a match against Floyd.

I didnt pay attention to whether it was die hard Canelo fans saying what they said about him. Your point could be debated. Canelo didnt have an extensive amateur background, neither did B-Hop (easily the best pure boxer actively behind FMJ). Amateur experience dont mean as much today as it did in the past. More fighters are "learning on the job".

My point is simple. The same thing was basically said about Canelo without a lick of evidence to substantuate it. What ACTUAL evidence do we have that GGG would be different outside of his size and better amateur pedigree (but Canelo's more prolific professional career closes the gap on that)?

You mention Stevens looked like a boy. Thats great if you are comparing sluggers. If you dare mention Stevens in the same breath as FMJ then all you need to know is as far as lateral movement and footwork....Stevens is an infant when compared to Floyd.

GGG could crush Floyd for all we know...I just want to hear some substantial evidence BESIDES what we have heard about other fighters previously that he would be more formidable?

To end my post, here is a thought....valid or not. I remember when :flabbynsick: beat Butterbean. (I know different class of fight, dont get panties in a bunch) Max asked "how far can you handicap in terms of skill" or something to that effect. I am paraphrasing. He said "could a prime Holmes beat Butterbean with one hand tied behind his back?"
My answer to that? Absolutely. The gap in skill level between Floyd and most fighters today is leagues apart. Especially GGG.

GGG would have a size advantage...but how far can you handicap Floyd's skills when to me he is undoubtedly one of the top 3 "boxers" that ever lived?
Dont bother breh..................

It's no point, If I beat a couple of cans people would be mentioning my name like Floydie wouldn't fight and cant beat him:skip:, is that the only reason yall roam here, like for real:beli:

SN: Not that im hating on GGG, either its the Floyd haters..........................................

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
trust me, I know I sound like a hater a lot of times. I may :udontknow: but....all I ask for is some evidence that GGG puts up a tougher fight than Canelo. I dont want to hear the same arguments about "he's bigger" and "he's knocking out middleweights". I know athletes today are better...but still. You gotta ask yourself if weight and power meant so much then why are SRR and Hammerin Hank considered GOATs? Even Pac? Who wouldve thought he would start his career virtually as a straweight and be stopping welterweights? Pac start weight is 40lbs less than the division he currently fights in. Floyd's is only 17 (even 30 technically if he let GGG weigh in at 160). Yet Floyd lightyears away from Manny in terms of boxing skill.
Dont ask for evidence here breh:whoa:

nikkas just pull wild statements out their ass constantly moving the goal post and a constant inability to back up their opinions, or simply provided reasioning about their opinion stated. It's not point to argue and post elegant arguments just to be ignored

Nikkas is ruining the ring:beli:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
definitely no hate on GGG. he is a good fighter. We can only hope as fans that he fights the JCCjr's, Martinez', and Quillin's. He need not worry about Floyd but worry about becoming the next great MW champ and reign like Hopkins and Hagler did before him.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
definitely no hate on GGG. he is a good fighter. We can only hope as fans that he fights the JCCjr's, Martinez', and Quillin's. He need not worry about Floyd but worry about becoming the next great MW champ and reign like Hopkins and Hagler did before him.
He need to stay away from brothers..................

His people is smart to pick on one of the weaker ones in the public in Quillin though:smugfavre:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

You wasted your time typing this nonsense. I didn't even say GGG would beat Floyd. I said he'd be a tough fight. Just my opinion, but nikkas catch feelings whenever you're objective with Floyd. It shouldn't be taken as an insult to think that Floyd fighting GGG is a tall order, but for some reason nikkas do so....:manny:

I mean it's no sense in going back and forth over a fight that has a 95% chance of happening.

You comparing Canelo to GGG is just as bad as that one nikka comparing Broner to Jeff Lacy. So I'm good breh. If you think Floyd wipes the floor with GGG then you entitled to your opinion. Don't waste your time quoting me and writing meaningless paragraphs about that shyt to me because it won't change my mind. Only way my mind will change if Floyd moves up and actually fights a middleweight and I doubt that happens. Until then I'll focus on more realistic fights for Floyd like Danny Garcia, Thurman, Broner, etc...

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
You wasted your time typing this nonsense. I didn't even say GGG would beat Floyd. I said he'd be a tough fight. Just my opinion, but nikkas catch feelings whenever you're objective with Floyd. It shouldn't be taken as an insult to think that Floyd fighting GGG is a tall order, but for some reason nikkas do so....:manny:

I mean it's no sense in going back and forth over a fight that has a 95% chance of happening.

You comparing Canelo to GGG is just as bad as that one nikka comparing Broner to Jeff Lacy. So I'm good breh. If you think Floyd wipes the floor with GGG then you entitled to your opinion. Don't waste your time quoting me and writing meaningless paragraphs about that shyt to me because it won't change my mind. Only way my mind will change if Floyd moves up and actually fights a middleweight and I doubt that happens. Until then I'll focus on more realistic fights for Floyd like Danny Garcia, Thurman, Broner, etc...
My point @synistr

:snoop:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This GGG hype needs to calm tf down

Did we not jus see the SAME EXACT thing with Lucas Matthysse....the only difference is theres no Swift at 160

Euro bum
Rosado first fight at 160
Japanese career 154 :flabbynsick:
Macklin a Sergio sloppy seconds
Stevens a midget never was

N muhfukkers wanna hate on Canelo N Broner resume:dahell:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
GGG didn't look bad, he looked pretty good. Sure Stevens had some success, but GGG had a perfect game plan and executed it very well. Boxed him for the first 2 rounds (winning rounds, while gauging Stevens ability) until the knockdown. After that GGG was in his stalking mode. With any fighter who stalks looking for as much offense as GGG did, the opponent will have some success, but Stevens who has fought at 168 and 175 was left in each round holed up against the ropes trying to protect himself. There wasn't a highlight KO because Stevens didn't allow there to be one. Instead GGG just beat the will out of him.

That was the most impressive thing to me. GGG is one of the best fighters in a while I've seen who can get their offense off. He doesn't head hunt, look for one big punch, or smother his own punches. His ability to continue to throw punches and keep enough distance to land meaningful stuff is really impressive. Like I have said before, I definitely don't think GGG is perfect. I still think at 160 he is the best fighter. At 168 I absolutely would have Ward and Froch as the favorites...vs everyone else, I think I would choose GGG.

@LauderdaleBoss, completely agree man. It is not a slight against Floyd, because the guy naturally weighs around 150 pounds. But the idea that he will back GGG up is ludicrous. Floyd's punches won't even affect GGG and IMO he would be the first fighter to follow the game plan of keep coming forward against Floyd. It really comes down to the fact that GGG is too big and strong. Now Floyd could win the fight, I am not saying he would lose. But Floyd would have to be moving the entire time and he would live off of counters and one or two punch combos. What GGG could do that I no one else Floyd has fought (and I don't think Quillin or Martinez could do) is throw those punches that bounce off Floyd's arms, shoulders, gloves that can wear you down...we saw how it wore Stevens down (who looked like he was fighting out of a turtle shell). Floyd is the most talented fighter in the game, so I wouldn't put anything past him...I just look at GGG and see that it may be a case where no matter what your skills are you just end up running into a guy who is too big and strong...hence why I would never think less of Floyd for not entertaining the fight.

Last edited:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
This GGG hype needs to calm tf down

Did we not jus see the SAME EXACT thing with Lucas Matthysse....the only difference is theres no Swift at 160

Euro bum
Rosado first fight at 160
Japanese career 154 :flabbynsick:
Macklin a Sergio sloppy seconds
Stevens a midget never was

N muhfukkers wanna hate on Canelo N Broner resume:dahell:
I definitely can agree that the hype can be too much...and that GGG should earn it by facing the top guys (do they necessarily want to fight him?).
I like GGG and what he continues to show impresses me.
Where I would absolutely say GGG is different from Lucas is in their boxing skill. Although GGG doesn't fight as a "slick" fighter and fights as an offensive fighter, I think it is pretty obvious that the way he moves around the ring, his body position, and his ability to throw punches/vary his offense is completely different and far greater than Lucas.

Matthysse is the classic puncher, who can be severely exposed by boxing skills....not sure GGG is that guy.