Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
then what GGG needs to do is walk it like he talk it. do a Hagler. take no soft touches and concentrate on ruling the division and the fighters will flock to him.
I think the next year will be telling. I don't think GGG hid from any opponents this last year, as I think 2013 has really been him getting his name out there. Before 2013 and the HBO promotion, he wasn't very well known. I think he did a good job lining up decent opponents that were available...and that is the key word, "available".
Barker and Geale were working on their fight, Sergio was injured or finding the right fighter for his hometown fight.
Now that I think there is enticement to fight GGG - public recognition and HBO will now pay you to fight him, we should see the list of fighters that GGG can make fights with open up.
Now it is time for HBO and GGG to make them. :ufdup:

We probably are looking at the Geale-Barker rematch. Martin Murray isn't the most exciting fighter and he gave Sergio all he can handle (I scored it pretty confidently for Murray, the caveat being that Sergio was a 1-legged fighter). So I don't see Murray as a pushover. He is a legit top 8 fighter at 160.
I think we all realize that Quillin and Sergio are the two biggest fights and for their own reasons won't get made.

But if GGG fought Murray and followed with a Geale-Barker winner, I would be:obama:. Then by that time, maybe Sergio is healthy and if he and Cotto fight - the winner obviously better be looking GGG way, assuming GGG took care of business. :lupe:
That would give GGG a nice run at 160...then he could start looking at 168...maybe Jr will revitalized his career by then (maybe a Vera rematch victory) and it would be a huge draw.

Odds of that happening, probably small, but I Iike it. :myman:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Personally...........I want to see him in against Anderson Silva in a boxing match :ld:

Silva gon' learn today :ufdup:
I am so torn on this. I would love to see RJJ give Silva that work, hell I realize that even a deteriorated RJJ should shut out Silva 99.999% of the time, and do so pretty easily.
But RJJ is so shot at this point, if he lost I would be :damn:. Don't know if I could recover from that. It couldn't happen to my RJJ.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I am so torn on this. I would love to see RJJ give Silva that work, hell I realize that even a deteriorated RJJ should shut out Silva 99.999% of the time, and do so pretty easily.
But RJJ is so shot at this point, if he lost I would be :damn:. Don't know if I could recover from that. It couldn't happen to my RJJ.
Trust me, Silva has no shot at winning...surviving maybe, but winning, no

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Trust me, Silva has no shot at winning...surviving maybe, but winning, no
Yeah, I know. But when RJJ was your guy growing up and watching him end his career the way he has is hard enough. That would haunt me. Lol.
The skill level of forcing Silva to stand up and box vs RJJ would be too much, I agree there is no chance...but it can't be my boy.