Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not trying to debate a fight that I highly doubt will happen anyway. I never said Floyd would lose, just that whatever happens it won't be some easy night of work the way nikkas is implying.

it very well could be easy work. when you talk Canelo as a step up opponent beyond Ghost....there is a higher probability of something happening to Floyd. likewise when you talk GGG beyond Canelo. What thats like saying is....you increase your chances of hitting the lottery from 5 in 100 to 10 or 15 in a 100. probability greater, chances still low. I say this in regards to Floyd because he is unrivaled as a BOXER....not a fighter. when a person has truly mastered the art of boxing, there is a difference between him and everyone else. its why B-Hop will still be beating cats in their 20's when he is 50. the boxing element in this game when mastered is truly untouchable. I give Floyd shyt sometimes because I think its justified. But when I look at the history of boxing....he very well may be the best BOXER ever. I didnt say he is the greatest fighter ever. (I think Roy is the most physically gifted fighter of all time for example.) When it comes to boxing, in my time, I can only really think of Sweet Pea and B-Hop that are in the same class as Floyd. James Toney is a great boxer too but pound for pound I think those guys are above him because of his lack of movement.

I know it sounds crazy...and trust me, I am not saying Floyd is unbeatable...but his boxing skills are still on another stratosphere than GGG and that's no disrespect because Floyd is above EVERYONE right now when it comes to PURE BOXING

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I have never seen Floyd fight anyone who has the power, physical advantage, strength, boxing ability, and determination that GGG has. Floyd has nobody on his resume like that, so I won't assume he'd beat GGG in some walk in the part. Dude was content with just outpointing Canelo without really laying into him so I doubt Floyd would really open up to kick GGG's ass. The size difference is too much and too imposing. GGG had Stevens looking like a lil nikka in there and this is a dude who's fought at super middle and light heavyweight.

I'm not trying to debate a fight that I highly doubt will happen anyway. I never said Floyd would lose, just that whatever happens it won't be some easy night of work the way nikkas is implying.
I completely agree. I guess I should have said in my post that for Floyd to win, obviously he couldn't be against the ropes, but he wouldn't be able to put the pressure on like he did with Canelo, Floyd would have to spend all his time moving around the ring...and it wouldn't be going forward.
Floyd even said after the fight that Canelo's punches were hurting him to the arms and Canelo didn't do shyt when it came to that. Someone like GGG would actually be able to implement that plan. His punches even if they are hitting your arms, shoulders, and elbows, no 147 lb'er wants any of that.

Still think too many people underrate GGG's boxing skills and think he is all about stalking. Kellerman had a great point in that GGG's style sets him up to be hit more than a movement boxer, but GGG has a great amateur background - watch those replays, cause Stevens wasn't landing clean shots...GGG was moving enough to take the heat off them and continue to stalk forward. Like I said, I think the only two dudes from 168 down who could beat GGG are Ward and Froch.
Not that Stevens is a beast by any means, but he was never bullied like that at 175 and GGG made him cower against the ropes.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol @ matching Floyd in these "video game" fights. People talking about GGG. Ward said he'd go to 160 for him. Hopkins wanting to meet at 160. Roy Jones wants to meet him at 170. I know they want a payday, but these guys really look pathetic for a fight that will never happen. Floyd walks around at about 150. Wlad weighs about 100 plus pounds more. Maybe they can make a catch weight at 200lbs?

With Floyd it's like let's just throw out the weight classes. The fans are like let's just see somebody beat this niigga just on sheer size.I can't think of any other boxer where people would propose some of the dumbest matchups.

They wanna see Floyd lose so bad they should just make an open weight division. I'd finally get to see that Mikey Garcia - David Haye matchup

I think Floyd finishes the rest of his career at his comfortable weight of 147. Not any draws out there to get him to fight above that.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
while I do think Floyd has a limit...beating GGG is not outside those limitations.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jus read GBP offering Cotto 5mil to fight Molina N co headline a ppv under Canelo vs winner of Trout/Lara

Then in the Summer of all goes well Canelo vs Cotto :ohlawd:

if thats true, no way Cotto turns that down and it makes for a nice series of fights.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nathan Lewkowicz, Vice President of Sampson Promotions, has updated Fightnews.com on the condition of heavyweight Magomed Abdusalamov. The brave Russian warrior who went ten brutal rounds against Mike Perez Saturday night, is still in ICU at Roosevelt Hospital and remains in critical condition. According to Lewkowicz, Abdusalamov had part of his skull removed to reduce swelling.

this is the sad part of boxing. his career is over. prayers go out to the big guy.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say Vera is a good fight for GGG since his loss to JCCjr was controversial. Its a nice comparison fight.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Jus read GBP offering Cotto 5mil to fight Molina N co headline a ppv under Canelo vs winner of Trout/Lara

Then in the Summer of all goes well Canelo vs Cotto :ohlawd:
that would be ill, to see cotto whoop on canelo too.
But whats gonna happen when Lara beats canelo?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
that would be ill, to see cotto whoop on canelo too.
But whats gonna happen when Lara beats canelo?

haye3436.jpg

images

:umad: