Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
yeah i hear you but him and hatton dont seem to mind that the fight is as soon as february.

they might try push it to march though, think it depends how the woods fight goes

they see it as a warm up fight
Blind leading the blind.........but oh well, that's on them

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
The guy was praying for the fight to be stopped. You could tell. I felt bad. This is a guy who had never even been cut before. He went from that to THIS!

:pachaha: @ GGG's post-fight with Kellerman. His English isn't good but you could tell he was being cocky. Glad he called out Sergio too. Was that the first time? Need that fight!

GGG showed a strong chin too. He took Stevens' best shots clean like nothin.
Completely agree. His corner kept telling him not to go against the ropes, but GGG was forcing him there and Stevens looked like he was cornered and covering up like a wounded dog.
GGG has weaknesses, but if you can't get him off of you, it is over. His punches are calculating and he makes sure to stifle his own offense trying to land power. I think his power is so good that instead of trying to land just big shots, Abel has him landing multiple shots with quite a bit of power (instead of full power) and they try to beat you in submission. Basically it will take a guy who can take his shots and land hard shots back, or a guy who can be physical enough to keep his off of him and out box him. The only guys I can see doing that is Froch or Ward. Right now, I think GGG beats everyone else at 160 or 168.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I jus read this on FB...:shaq2:

he's(Martinez) too old let's see Golovkin step up his class.fight a broner or bradley

:mindblown:
Lol. That is hilarious. There is a reason why for all the talk of Floyd moving up to 160 (not from him, but from publicists), he would be a perfect match and I think he could beat Quillin or Martinez. I think GGG is the perfect fighter to beat Floyd the only way I think you can right now, and that is to overpower him just because you are that much physically bigger. A lot of people thought Canelo would...but GGG I think would. Those arm punches and punches landing when Floyd is on the ropes, GGG has the best chance of any fighter IMO. Just too big and too powerful IMO. Wouldn't be a fair fight, which is why I wouldn't want to see it.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol. That is hilarious. There is a reason why for all the talk of Floyd moving up to 160 (not from him, but from publicists), he would be a perfect match and I think he could beat Quillin or Martinez. I think GGG is the perfect fighter to beat Floyd the only way I think you can right now, and that is to overpower him just because you are that much physically bigger. A lot of people thought Canelo would...but GGG I think would. Those arm punches and punches landing when Floyd is on the ropes, GGG has the best chance of any fighter IMO. Just too big and too powerful IMO. Wouldn't be a fair fight, which is why I wouldn't want to see it.
what makes you think floyd would be on the ropes:russ:
floyd would beat him easy
you buggin

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I wouldnt compare him to Judah...Zab had a lot of heart and has taken beatings like a man....beatings that Ortiz would want no part of. Likewise with Vargas. Vargas was a warrior. He beat Berto simply because Berto was fighting stupid and getting into exchanges. He underestimated Ortiz because of how he quit against Maidana. When Berto had him in trouble and was about to take his heart, he got reckless and Ortiz caught him. At that moment...Ortiz got his heart back and had a reason to feel he could win. Had Berto knocked him down twice in a row...Ortiz wouldve likely mailed it in.
Except Ortiz gave Berto a concussion in the first row and a no point did he look like he was in deep water. As you know right after berto's brutal KD ortiz knocked him the fukk down 30 seconds later

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
GGG is a KO hunter. It could eventually be his downfall, but I love how he looks for the KO the entire fight. Now, he isn't a KO hunter who gets locked up and waits for the perfect punch. He throws punches all round long looking to set up the pain.
That type of unabashed strategy could really bite him one day.

as long as he has the wind to stalk like that he's going to do it

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
one thing I like to mention again is how impressive was ggg's way of cutting down the ring, his lack of head movement was negative but still held his own against Curtis. A heavy big puncher at an higher weight such as the froch's and ward would annihilate him, logical thinking. ggg vs chavez, the brit boys and Martinez have to be made.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
:what:
Floyd would humiliate GGG and that's not a slight to GGG it's just how it is

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
GGG would be a tall order for Floyd.

I'm not saying Floyd can't win, but I won't sit here and say that shyt's easy work.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
HBO already has dudes believing he could beat Floyd :dead:

I don't like the idea of Floyd at 160 but size wouldn't even matter much in this match up since GGG wouldn't be able to utilize his size advantage anyway. Zero head movement and was bothered by the speed of Stevens, that shyt would look like Baldomir Floyd pt 2 imo.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
GGG would be a tall order for Floyd.

I'm not saying Floyd can't win, but I won't sit here and say that shyt's easy work.
A slow guy who gets his work in on the ropes-where floyd can't be hit? Who's most effective way of fighting is off the jab, which he also develops his combos off of? What would GGG do when he realized he can't hit floyd with the jab?

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
A slow guy who gets his work in on the ropes-where floyd can't be hit? Who's most effective way of fighting is off the jab, which he also develops his combos off of? What would GGG do when he realized he can't hit floyd with the jab?
he will continue to head hunt until his corner looks at their beaten up man and have no clue what to do..same shyt.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

I have never seen Floyd fight anyone who has the power, physical advantage, strength, boxing ability, and determination that GGG has. Floyd has nobody on his resume like that, so I won't assume he'd beat GGG in some walk in the part. Dude was content with just outpointing Canelo without really laying into him so I doubt Floyd would really open up to kick GGG's ass. The size difference is too much and too imposing. GGG had Stevens looking like a lil nikka in there and this is a dude who's fought at super middle and light heavyweight.

I'm not trying to debate a fight that I highly doubt will happen anyway. I never said Floyd would lose, just that whatever happens it won't be some easy night of work the way nikkas is implying.