Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
GGG is a KO hunter. It could eventually be his downfall, but I love how he looks for the KO the entire fight. Now, he isn't a KO hunter who gets locked up and waits for the perfect punch. He throws punches all round long looking to set up the pain. :wow:
That type of unabashed strategy could really bite him one day. In the meantime, not many more exciting fighters than him. :blessed:
Last night, he was facing a huge puncher (limited boxer) in Stevens and was giving the look of "fukk the round is ending I want these things to be longer" and mid-fight he wanted to bring the pain to Stevens and waving him to come forward and bring it on.:ooh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Magomed Abdusalamov is in Self-Induced Coma

By Rick Reeno

Russian puncher Magomed Abdusalamov took a turn for the worse earlier this morning. On Saturday night, Magomed (18-1, 18KOs) suffered numerous injuries during his ten round decision loss to Cuba's Mike Perez (20-0, 12KOs) at the Theater in New York's Madison Square Garden. There were plenty of power punches thrown and landed by both fighters in their HBO televised showcase, but Perez racked up the points to win on scores of 97-92, 95-94 and 97-92.

Earlier today, BoxingScene.com reported that during the fight Magomed broke his left hand, broke his nose and he was taken to a local hospital where a small blood clot was discovered on the brain.

Late last night, Magomed's manager, Boris Grinberg, told BoxingScene the fighter was doing fine after doctors tended to his injuires. But a few hours later the boxer began to complain of headaches and was feeling ill. Doctors at Roosevelt Hospital placed him an self-induced coma to reduce the possibility of any serious complications stemming from the blood clot.

Magomed's exact condiction won't be known until Monday. His promoter, Sampson Lewkowicz, is on his way to Thailand for the WBC's convention and is unavailable for comment

damn :damn:..i hope i didnt watch another fighter get beaten to death :sadbron:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
:sadcam:rewatching that fight dude didnt look right in the corner during those late rounds
The guy was praying for the fight to be stopped. You could tell. I felt bad. This is a guy who had never even been cut before. He went from that to THIS!

:pachaha: @ GGG's post-fight with Kellerman. His English isn't good but you could tell he was being cocky. Glad he called out Sergio too. Was that the first time? Need that fight!

GGG showed a strong chin too. He took Stevens' best shots clean like nothin.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
If Gennady Golovkin is fighting again on Feb. 1st, that rules out a couple guys because the turn around would be too soon...also, HBO may or may not televise depending on the quality of the opponent, but more than likely they will (unless they're fukking idiots). K2 has said that he will be defending his title, in other words, someone ranked by the WBA...

#1 ranked by the WBA Martin Murray (fighting 12/11........WBA has ruled that GGG has to face Murray/Wood winner, but that'll probably be mid '14)
Felix Sturm/Darren Barker winner (12/7)
Willie Nelson (fighting 12/7 against Macklin)
Sergio Martinez (won't be ready till mid-to-late '14)
Peter Quillin (No way will HBO let GGG go to Showtime)

So who's left realistically to make a good fight?

1. Daniel Geale...now I know Geale wants this fight, ranked #2 by the WBA
2. Andy Lee...fun fun fun fight, Lee has appeared on HBO before, ranked #11
3. Sergio Mora...U.S. name (more incentive for HBO to pick it up) just battered Proksa, ranked #10
4. Max Bursak...Euro name, not dangerous, under K2 as well
5. I don't know, just pick a guy that's ranked I haven't named at this point

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
am i the only one who can watch the mexican ppvs on tv azteca for free? just curious if thats available everywhere in the country or is it just because i live near the border that i can pick up the mexican feed.. i can only pick it up with a regular antenna tho.its not on the azteca feeds thru cable

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
If Gennady Golovkin is fighting again on Feb. 1st, that rules out a couple guys because the turn around would be too soon...also, HBO may or may not televise depending on the quality of the opponent, but more than likely they will (unless they're fukking idiots). K2 has said that he will be defending his title, in other words, someone ranked by the WBA...

#1 ranked by the WBA Martin Murray (fighting 12/11........WBA has ruled that GGG has to face Murray/Wood winner, but that'll probably be mid '14)
Felix Sturm/Darren Barker winner (12/7)
Willie Nelson (fighting 12/7 against Macklin)
Sergio Martinez (won't be ready till mid-to-late '14)
Peter Quillin (No way will HBO let GGG go to Showtime)

So who's left realistically to make a good fight?

1. Daniel Geale...now I know Geale wants this fight, ranked #2 by the WBA
2. Andy Lee...fun fun fun fight, Lee has appeared on HBO before, ranked #11
3. Sergio Mora...U.S. name (more incentive for HBO to pick it up) just battered Proksa, ranked #10
4. Max Bursak...Euro name, not dangerous, under K2 as well
5. I don't know, just pick a guy that's ranked I haven't named at this point

i already said last night that GGG will be fighting murray next in monaco.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Murray's an idiot for taking it............unless he plans on getting "Injured" and cancel the Wood fight :mjpls:

if he doesnt fight woods he gets "stripped" of the interim belt,

dunno how woods even got so high up the rankings

look at his record :deadmanny:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
if he doesnt fight woods he gets "stripped" of the interim belt,

dunno how woods even got so high up the rankings

look at his record :deadmanny:
If that's the case, he can appeal to the WBA about the quick turn around. GGG has to face him, but it's unfair and unsafe to have Murray have only a month to recoup and prepare at this high level of opposition. Murray should've been fighting GGG last night but ol' boy got a struggle visa and the WBA allowed GGG to fight Stevens instead. Next thing you know Murray is deemed the next mandatory challenger, I guess they figured K2 would make a later date overseas, which they did ahead of time (how else would they already have a venue and date). NOW all of a sudden he has to face Garth Wood? Well if you're gonna make him fight Wood, he has to have proper time to rest and train, end of story.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
If that's the case, he can appeal to the WBA about the quick turn around. GGG has to face him, but it's unfair and unsafe to have Murray have only a month to recoup and prepare at this high level of opposition. Murray should've been fighting GGG last night but ol' boy got a struggle visa and the WBA allowed GGG to fight Stevens instead. Next thing you know Murray is deemed the next mandatory challenger, I guess they figured K2 would make a later date overseas, which they did ahead of time (how else would they already have a venue and date). NOW all of a sudden he has to face Garth Wood? Well if you're gonna make him fight Wood, he has to have proper time to rest and train, end of story.

yeah i hear you but him and hatton dont seem to mind that the fight is as soon as february.

they might try push it to march though, think it depends how the woods fight goes

they see it as a warm up fight