Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I said earlier BHop's style would be an issue for him and Ward reminds me of a young version of him at times.
@krackdagawd. said Ward reminds him of a young B-Hop. I agree .

From 18 months ago

I'd say Wards defence is more like B-Hops. Just because when he fights inside he turns the fighters into postions where he can hit them, but they cant hit him cleanly. Also Ward is deceptive strong.
Ward like B-Hop knows the black arts of fightin inside & upclose. Especially when the fighters tie up, hes great at spoiling, he knows how to hold, get his punches off, use his elbows, head to make it uncomfortable and a distraction. Also he keeps his chin neatly tucked in majority of the time. Who does that remind you of?
:smugdraper:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I forgot all about that fight:snoop:

He just impressed me in the Berto fight, taking that kinda abuse and didnt quit, I believe he can do it if he stops having these mental lapses.

Ortiz = Mexican Judah? New Vargas?

I wouldnt compare him to Judah...Zab had a lot of heart and has taken beatings like a man....beatings that Ortiz would want no part of. Likewise with Vargas. Vargas was a warrior. He beat Berto simply because Berto was fighting stupid and getting into exchanges. He underestimated Ortiz because of how he quit against Maidana. When Berto had him in trouble and was about to take his heart, he got reckless and Ortiz caught him. At that moment...Ortiz got his heart back and had a reason to feel he could win. Had Berto knocked him down twice in a row...Ortiz wouldve likely mailed it in.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
NOBODY beating this combo :smugbiden:

5aeebe5b58ce3b5481c18711e2c9b584.jpg

Juice Crew

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It didn't make any sense at all.

I remember it clearly. They had Pacquaio & Morales fight on the same day in "tuneups" in order to create hype for their second fight. They give Pacquaio a bum, & than they give Morales a former Olympian with a great amateur career. Oh let's not forget Morales moved up so that was his first fight at 135. It wasn't really fair, because even if Morales had won, he would have came off having the tougher fight of the two.

I picked Raheem to win that fight so I wasn't surprised at all.
I just never understood what top rank saw. You have world class matchmakers & they make a huge error like that.

I picked Raheem to "win" but be robbed on the cards. Surprisingly to me he came out with the official victory. That fight lost a lot of money for TR. After the close loss to Freitas...TR really wanted nothing to do with Raheem.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ortiz is an interesting fighter. The type of guy that can beat or lose to any fighter. The type of guy that can get a huge win & than come back & lose to a club fighter with 20 losses.

Would still love to see a Ortiz-Khan fight. Guaranteed entertainment

thats a toss-up fight that would have a circumstantial outcome. I would favor Ortiz because I think within the first 4-5 rounds he could KTFO Khan. If Khan got to boxing him like he did Judah though and Ortiz cant get to him....he would basically give up mentally.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Russian puncher Magomed Abdusalamov (18-1, 18KOs) suffered numerous injuries during his ten round decision loss to Cuba's Mike Perez (20-0, 12KOs) at the Theater in New York's Madison Square Garden. There were plenty of power punches thrown and landed by both fighters in their HBO televised showcase, but Perez racked up the points to win on scores of 97-92, 95-94 and 97-92.

BoxingScene.com was advised that Magomed broke his left hand in the fight and had trouble putting his punches together. He also broke his nose early in the fight, and that caused some breathing issues. Additionally, he was taken to a local hospital after the fight and small blood clot was discovered he suffered a small blood clot on the brain, which required a minor surgical procedure.

Boris Grinberg, the manager of Magomed, tells BoxingScene that his fighter is doing well. He indicates the injured left hand was the biggest obstacle for Magomed during the fight and affected his activity level.

damn a small clot on the brain?..dude took a beating last night

• Dap
Reactions: NZA
Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
That GGG jab was the major difference well that and that footwork :whew: Im disappointed but Stevens still comported himself well for a fighter ranked so far down in the division against the best in the division. I wouldnt mind seeing them fight again. Not an immediate rematch but give Stevens a few more fights against some quality guys too see if he can grow a bit more.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldnt compare him to Judah...Zab had a lot of heart and has taken beatings like a man....beatings that Ortiz would want no part of. Likewise with Vargas. Vargas was a warrior. He beat Berto simply because Berto was fighting stupid and getting into exchanges. He underestimated Ortiz because of how he quit against Maidana. When Berto had him in trouble and was about to take his heart, he got reckless and Ortiz caught him. At that moment...Ortiz got his heart back and had a reason to feel he could win. Had Berto knocked him down twice in a row...Ortiz wouldve likely mailed it in.

He beat Berto because he's better than him. He also faced better competition than Berto up to that point. Prior to that fight he fought guys like Campbell, Maidana, & Peterson so he already been in the tough fights. Ortiz seemed to put everything together in that fight. Would have given a lot of guys hell that night.

Berto has always been "meh." Just a guy with careful matchmaking. I don't care if Ortiz is a quitter, a guy like Berto isn't gonna beat him.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats a toss-up fight that would have a circumstantial outcome. I would favor Ortiz because I think within the first 4-5 rounds he could KTFO Khan. If Khan got to boxing him like he did Judah though and Ortiz cant get to him....he would basically give up mentally.

Ortiz KO's him. You gotta have a chin to make him give up mentally. You gotta be able to take a beating really to make Ortiz get to that point

Both guys are great talents. I've always liked what Ortiz brought to the table a little more. Power in both hands, solid boxing ability, etc. It's a shame he can't keep it together.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He beat Berto because he's better than him. He also faced better competition than Berto up to that point. Prior to that fight he fought guys like Campbell, Maidana, & Peterson so he already been in the tough fights. Ortiz seemed to put everything together in that fight. Would have given a lot of guys hell that night.

Berto has always been "meh." Just a guy with careful matchmaking. I don't care if Ortiz is a quitter, a guy like Berto isn't gonna beat him.

I think they are the same and there is no clear indication of who is better. Their fight was close. Berto is obviously not top shelf...but when you say Ortiz "faced" better competition by the same token, those 3 opponents proved that Ortiz was below that championship level as well. Couldnt beat Peterson, quit on Maidana, and I think the tell-tale for me was when he was looking gassed and trying to box with Campbell and couldnt get rid of him. Cambell was way shot by then. He damn near lost every fight from that point on.