Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ortiz is a mental midget...in that most recent video was like yea I quit but I was whooping Lopez ass shyt happens:dahell:

Speaking of Lopez ionno why they dont push him into that open spot for Ortiz opponent

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was happy that Raheem got that fight but I never understood the logic behind it. Usually you would want to keep those guys away from slick athletic fighters. The other baffling thing was...Raheem wasnt known for being an action fighter.

It didn't make any sense at all.

I remember it clearly. They had Pacquaio & Morales fight on the same day in "tuneups" in order to create hype for their second fight. They give Pacquaio a bum, & than they give Morales a former Olympian with a great amateur career. Oh let's not forget Morales moved up so that was his first fight at 135. It wasn't really fair, because even if Morales had won, he would have came off having the tougher fight of the two.

I picked Raheem to win that fight so I wasn't surprised at all. I just never understood what top rank saw. You have world class matchmakers & they make a huge error like that.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ortiz is an interesting fighter. The type of guy that can beat or lose to any fighter. The type of guy that can get a huge win & than come back & lose to a club fighter with 20 losses.

Would still love to see a Ortiz-Khan fight. Guaranteed entertainment

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Nice win for GGG. Stevens was a small target out there. Damn, with his arms on his side it looked like his punch zone for GGG to hit was tiny.
I wouldn't say GGG was exposed for speed tonight...we all knew that was the one thing an opponent could have an advantage on him, as GGG isn't the quickest guy out there, GGG just as great footwork that puts him in the right position and cuts of the ring.
I don't think Sergio is the guy though. He is definitely faster than GGG and would win rounds on the scorecard. But this wouldn't be a Sergio-JCC fight where the opponent is a lumbering Frankenstein. GGG might get be getting the advantage through boxing, but my two biggest things to watch would be that I don't think Sergio hits hard enough to really hurt GGG, and Sergio's chin is pretty suspect. I think eventually Sergio gets worn down and TKO'd.....won't happen....DiBella has already said he wants Sergio nowhere near GGG.
I don't think there is a man at 160 who could beat GGG right now, at 168 there are a lot of solid fighters and he definitely isn't a sure thing there.
Long term I am interested to see what Abel Sanchez does with GGG's head movement. They haven't had to use it as the opponents haven't gotten to GGG's head with much success to change it. With GGG's excellent amateur background I am sure he has that skill...but they have focused his style for offense and haven't put a lot of focus on that. To beat guys at 168 that will have to be improved.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
So........where the hell is Robert Guerrero?

Dude fought Floyd and is just gonna live off the money?:what:

Floyd giving these dudes a livelihood.....they owe him a Christmas Present:snoop:
:russ:

Last I heard, Ghost had turned down a fight with Thurman, and was waiting on the Broner/Maidana winner.

So we could potentially see a Broner/Guerrero fight next year. Then my man @Skip b will be forced to give Broner props :smugfavre:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Lol @ Canelo vs Ortiz being Mexican vs Mexican.

Mexicans don't claim Ortiz bruh

I know:mjpls:

I dont know what happened to my true vs fake part of that post, but :manny:

I think that's what Golden Boy trying to build up for Canelo.....he needs SOMEBODY to fight on these 3 PPVs that people are supposed to buy.

Who else but the "Real" Mexican from Mexico vs the "US Born" Mexican trying to pander to the women with his looks and "selling out"/"going hollywood" for the dollar instead of being a true Mexican warrior in the ring.

Sound familiar:youngsabo:

I think they gonna try and run the same type of promo, to a GREATLY lesser extent, as was done earlier with ODLH vs JCC Sr and ODLH vs Vargas, which both drew tons of money for them.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:russ:

Last I heard, Ghost had turned down a fight with Thurman, and was waiting on the Broner/Maidana winner.

So we could potentially see a Broner/Guerrero fight next year. Then my man @Skip b will be forced to give Broner props :smugfavre:

He'll turn on "The Ghost" before he does that:heh:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eoq
Broke his jaw + Mayweather Money for an easy night of work = "extended vacation" with no worries of rushing back to the ring

Dude was on Dancing With The Stars, Wrangler Commercials, getting Hollywood money by appearing in the upcoming film "The Expendables 3".

He's only had 1 tough loss....the one to Maidana. And then again, he was only 22 years old at the time.

I think GB is about to build Victor Ortiz up as the next fighter for Canelo, in order to match Mexican vs Mexican on one of these upcoming PPV's.

Ortiz has already built his name up outside of the ring and I believe will come back (he's only 26) better than he was before.
None of that is gonna help his boxing skillsHe has lost 3 of his last 4 fights and has been accused of quitting in all of em:bryan:
That's gotta be a record
I wanna see him vs khan or him vs rios
Dat will show us what he has left

If he fights Canelo he will quit again

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Good fight. I think Curtis did is thing. He kept backing up and falling right into ggg trap. And that's easy for me to say because I'm not taking ggg punches.

I will say this as much as shyt I give ggg I love his combination punching. shyt is dope to watch.

A person that beats him isn't a slick boxer. It's somebody that will stay in his chest.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS