Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. I like Victor when he's focused, but that Floyd fight was some bullshyt.

And what I meant about "light" is that you can see Floyd didnt even put all his strength in those punches. It was one of those "You headbutted me nikka?! 'Bap-Bap'" punches lol

He tried to get Floyd DQ'd in order to win:heh:

lemme tell you about Victor. he was hyped up and overrated like most of the guys out here today. he looked great knocking out the Arnaoutis' of the world. he got exposed sooner than his people thought he would though with Maidana. I really saw he wasnt top shelf when he couldnt take out a way past it Nate Campbell. He had a lot of confidence early on but Maidana took the "viciousness" out of him. Being "vicious" was the key to him being a true force, without it, he is average as hell.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Jccjr + Ariza+ Robert Garcia = :demonic:

#chavezcoalition
tumblr_mf8wmoohrl1rhtdovo1_500.gif

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fighting as a jr middleweight, Zahir Raheem (34-3, 21 KOs) stopped Tim Coleman (19-4-1, 5 KOs) at 2:04 of the second round. Raheeem dropped Coleman with a left hook to the body at the start ofround ttwo. Soon after, he dropped him again with a right to the body. The third knockdown was another right to the body. The fourth and final knockdown was a left hook to the jaw. The contract weight for the bout was changed from jr welterweight to 150lbs after Coleman weighed in nine pounds heavy.

and Raheem had to gain 9lbs within 24hrs.

:damn:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
lemme tell you about Victor. he was hyped up and overrated like most of the guys out here today. he looked great knocking out the Arnaoutis' of the world. he got exposed sooner than his people thought he would though with Maidana. I really saw he wasnt top shelf when he couldnt take out a way past it Nate Campbell. He had a lot of confidence early on but Maidana took the "viciousness" out of him. Being "vicious" was the key to him being a true force, without it, he is average as hell.

So who would you take in a Victor Ortiz vs Canelo Alvarez match up?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol @ Top Rank being pissed off at Raheem for out boxing the shiit out of Morales. Top Rank has always been great matchmakers, but they truly blew it making that match. Every time I see Raheem's name, I think about how unfairly TR treated him after that fight.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So who would you take in a Victor Ortiz vs Canelo Alvarez match up?

Canelo just about any day of the week. Maybe Ortiz gives him trouble in some spots and he could be effective with a good game plan if he could exploit Canelo stamina issues. Other than that, Ortiz is a much easier fight for Canelo than say...Cotto.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol @ Top Rank being pissed off at Raheem for out boxing the shiit out of Morales. Top Rank has always been great matchmakers, but they truly blew it making that match. Every time I see Raheem's name, I think about how unfairly TR treated him after that fight.

I was happy that Raheem got that fight but I never understood the logic behind it. Usually you would want to keep those guys away from slick athletic fighters. The other baffling thing was...Raheem wasnt known for being an action fighter.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The last time he was truly vicious was the Berto fight
He was out for da kill from the first round
I don't think he has it in him anymore
Too many heart breaking losses, plus his inactivity

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
The last time he was truly vicious was the Berto fight
He was out for da kill from the first round
I don't think he has it in him anymore
Too many heart breaking losses, plus his inactivity

Broke his jaw + Mayweather Money for an easy night of work = "extended vacation" with no worries of rushing back to the ring

Dude was on Dancing With The Stars, Wrangler Commercials, getting Hollywood money by appearing in the upcoming film "The Expendables 3".

He's only had 1 tough loss....the one to Maidana. And then again, he was only 22 years old at the time.

I think GB is about to build Victor Ortiz up as the next fighter for Canelo, in order to match Mexican vs Mexican on one of these upcoming PPV's.

Ortiz has already built his name up outside of the ring and I believe will come back (he's only 26) better than he was before.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Broke his jaw + Mayweather Money for an easy night of work = "extended vacation" with no worries of rushing back to the ring

Dude was on Dancing With The Stars, Wrangler Commercials, getting Hollywood money by appearing in the upcoming film "The Expendables 3".

He's only had 1 tough loss....the one to Maidana. And then again, he was only 22 years old at the time.

I think GB is about to build Victor Ortiz up as the next fighter for Canelo, in order to match Mexican vs Mexican on one of these upcoming PPV's.

Ortiz has already built his name up outside of the ring and I believe will come back (he's only 26) better than he was before.
He quit against Peterson too........soon as he got hit hard he decided, nah I'm good. That was a fight he should've won, hands down

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
He quit against Peterson too........soon as he got hit hard he decided, nah I'm good. That was a fight he should've won, hands down

I forgot all about that fight:snoop:

He just impressed me in the Berto fight, taking that kinda abuse and didnt quit, I believe he can do it if he stops having these mental lapses.

Ortiz = Mexican Judah? New Vargas?